Guest cancellation - Hayden Panettiere

showmasters

As i was expecting, you exactly made my point ( my sister is dyslexic , she's 43 btw...She's a teacher too, though for teenagers...): Look at that beautiful, well explained, perfect letter you just wrote!....See? i was sure you were able to write that way...Sorry again ..And Congrats for the great job and i really mean it! :D:clap:

Too bad for Hayden though...But great job with having Cristine Rose as replacement, she's such a great artist! :P

i am now going to put my persnal hat on and not my showmasters hat on and say this

I GOT SOMEONE ELSE TO WRITE MY REPLY TO YOU FOR ME OK so you could not make more fun out of it OK :angry:

i am writing this now so you can get your fill of my bad grammar have fun :angry:

and if you were expecting this sort of reply then why pick on me if you new it may come back to you like this

most teachers and people that know someone that is dyslexic recognise it in the way people spell so you thought i may be a suffrer ? and then you just went in here and made fun out of me anyway ? is that it ?

my grammar may be bad but at least i know how not to handle saying sorry if i am out of order and i am telling you now you are well out of order

you could have distroyed someone with less confedence which is a horable thing to do and i met teacher like you when i was small you did not help me in any way, in fact that made my school days the most misrable time of my life

teacher like you are saposed to care and incorige not just drum into kids stuff if this is an exsampal of you skills then Madam you suck

i think you need to think before you anser me on here very cearfaly leana

jason

I have a son with dyslexia and his dreams have been crushed by school and the lack of support. I think it is so wrong for someone to come on here and tear apart what someone else has written. No-one is perfect. I have to say that it is more encouraging having people who write what they feel and should not be condemned for how they write it.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that if sm let someone cancel because their favourite guests aren't there, then they may have to cancel additional guests due to the lack of funding, meaning more people cancel, etc. etc. It becomes a vicious circle.

Never book a con for a specific guest. It is ALWAYS a gamble.

The point is its not ONE "SPECIFIC GUEST" its 3!!:D

4 so far, actually, but if tickets are non-refundable when bought, they're still non-refundable later.

Yeah thanks for that! Im just giving my opinion on the matter that not everone has money to waste and i was fine about the fact that out of the 3 i wanted to see that with cancelations i might only get to see 1 maybe but now its none! I fully understand the "non-refundable" point!!:D

4 so far, actually, but if tickets are non-refundable when bought, they're still non-refundable later.

Yeah thanks for that! Im just giving my opinion on the matter that not everone has money to waste and i was fine about the fact that out of the 3 i wanted to see that with cancelations i might only get to see 1 maybe but now its none! I fully understand the "non-refundable" point!!:D

you booked a convention, people get work it happens all the time, i find the guests that come along that weren't first choice are generally more fun.

if you see this as a waste of money why did you book in the first place when you knew it could happen?

• Showmasters Admin

The difference between weekend events and signing events are this: you go to a signing event for the specific guests who are going so you can get things signed by them; you go to a weekend event for the evet based around a show and not for the guests, the whole point of a weekend event is that you'll be there to celebrate one specific show, and you'll have a certain number of guests from that series, who can change at any given time, but you are paying for your ticket based on the presumption that you are a fan of that series and are booking for that reason, not purely for SPECIFIC guests, it is always advised that you don't book for specific guests, no matter how many there are booked that you like. A weekend event has talks going on all day, little extras like the auctions, and of course the main attractions for a lot of people are the parties and all staying one hotel to get to meet new people and make great friends, and celebrate the show, not the specific guests.

So if you're saying that you didn't have the money to waste, perhaps you shouldn't have booked for a weekend event and stuck to the signings if that's the sort of thing that you prefer. I understand there have been a number of changes, but as mentioned by yourself, it's no one's fault, so while you might be disappointed that someone might have cancelled, can you not just be happy that you are still going to the event, are going to have an awesome time at the parties and events, and are still going to meet 6 fantastic guests from Heroes? I mean surely if you booked this event it is because you are a Heroes fan, and I'm not sure of any Heroes fan who could be really all that gutted by the line-up that we have! I do truly believe it's fanastic.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, and if you want to stay disappointed that's fne, but I'm just saying look on this as an event and not as guests, and try to think of positives about going to this event, rather than coming on here and sharing your opinion with everyone telling us how disappointed you are after all that money you spent, and putting a downer on this thread when everyone else is still trying to look on the brighter side.

SJ

xox

The difference between weekend events and signing events are this: you go to a signing event for the specific guests who are going so you can get things signed by them; you go to a weekend event for the evet based around a show and not for the guests, the whole point of a weekend event is that you'll be there to celebrate one specific show, and you'll have a certain number of guests from that series, who can change at any given time, but you are paying for your ticket based on the presumption that you are a fan of that series and are booking for that reason, not purely for SPECIFIC guests, it is always advised that you don't book for specific guests, no matter how many there are booked that you like. A weekend event has talks going on all day, little extras like the auctions, and of course the main attractions for a lot of people are the parties and all staying one hotel to get to meet new people and make great friends, and celebrate the show, not the specific guests.

So if you're saying that you didn't have the money to waste, perhaps you shouldn't have booked for a weekend event and stuck to the signings if that's the sort of thing that you prefer. I understand there have been a number of changes, but as mentioned by yourself, it's no one's fault, so while you might be disappointed that someone might have cancelled, can you not just be happy that you are still going to the event, are going to have an awesome time at the parties and events, and are still going to meet 6 fantastic guests from Heroes? I mean surely if you booked this event it is because you are a Heroes fan, and I'm not sure of any Heroes fan who could be really all that gutted by the line-up that we have! I do truly believe it's fanastic.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, and if you want to stay disappointed that's fne, but I'm just saying look on this as an event and not as guests, and try to think of positives about going to this event, rather than coming on here and sharing your opinion with everyone telling us how disappointed you are after all that money you spent, and putting a downer on this thread when everyone else is still trying to look on the brighter side.

SJ

xox

Yeah just like its your own opinion about the "you go to a weekend event for the event not necessarily the guests" alot of people would disagree with that too. We all have opinions and it wasnt just me who was disappointed and gutted about the guests, all im saying is not everone sees it as just an event and some people ARE going for their favourite guests. Now im still happy to go and like the guests going although im very gutted about the ones who arent and ive not once slated showmasters ive been to the majority of their events the past few years and they do a hard job very well indeed, just saying its not like a normal event where you turn up and pay for autos your paying £78 before you even start and some people cant afford that and probably wouldnt have paid it for the guests that are on now.:P

Yeah just like its your own opinion about the "you go to a weekend event for the event not necessarily the guests" alot of people would disagree with that too. We all have opinions and it wasnt just me who was disappointed and gutted about the guests, all im saying is not everone sees it as just an event and some people ARE going for their favourite guests. Now im still happy to go and like the guests going although im very gutted about the ones who arent and ive not once slated showmasters ive been to the majority of their events the past few years and they do a hard job very well indeed, just saying its not like a normal event where you turn up and pay for autos your paying £78 before you even start and some people cant afford that and probably wouldnt have paid it for the guests that are on now.:yoda:

The whole point of a weekend convention is for it to be an event and not for guests. If you choose to go for the wrong reasons, that is, frankly, your problem when it goes wrong. It's not an opinion that a weekend con is for the experience, it's a fact. Otherwise they wouldn't exist, and it would just be signing events everywhere. Sure, you can use a weekend con JUST to meet guests and JUST to get autographs. You can use an egg to throw it at someone's window. You can use a bag of peas when you need ice. You can do lots of things that you're not supposed to do with lots of things - but when that goes wrong, it's only you to blame for using it wrongly.

Edited by Psychosis

what about for people where it is normal to pay £78 or whatever before they turn up to an event? like me. im booked for 4 event this year where i've paid in advance (im gold for eclipse too) i'd much rather go to these events even if the guest lists change (hell one doesnt even have ANY guests announced) because i find the full weekend to be much much nicer than signings

• Showmasters Admin

As i was expecting, you exactly made my point ( my sister is dyslexic , she's 43 btw...She's a teacher too, though for teenagers...): Look at that beautiful, well explained, perfect letter you just wrote!....See? i was sure you were able to write that way...Sorry again ..And Congrats for the great job and i really mean it! :D:clap:

Too bad for Hayden though...But great job with having Cristine Rose as replacement, she's such a great artist! :P

i am now going to put my persnal hat on and not my showmasters hat on and say this

I GOT SOMEONE ELSE TO WRITE MY REPLY TO YOU FOR ME OK so you could not make more fun out of it OK :angry:

i am writing this now so you can get your fill of my bad grammar have fun :angry:

and if you were expecting this sort of reply then why pick on me if you new it may come back to you like this

most teachers and people that know someone that is dyslexic recognise it in the way people spell so you thought i may be a suffrer ? and then you just went in here and made fun out of me anyway ? is that it ?

my grammar may be bad but at least i know how not to handle saying sorry if i am out of order and i am telling you now you are well out of order

you could have distroyed someone with less confedence which is a horable thing to do and i met teacher like you when i was small you did not help me in any way, in fact that made my school days the most misrable time of my life

teacher like you are saposed to care and incorige not just drum into kids stuff if this is an exsampal of you skills then Madam you suck

i think you need to think before you anser me on here very cearfaly leana

jason

I have a son with dyslexia and his dreams have been crushed by school and the lack of support. I think it is so wrong for someone to come on here and tear apart what someone else has written. No-one is perfect. I have to say that it is more encouraging having people who write what they feel and should not be condemned for how they write it.

thank you for this

your son will find that he is very good at one thing in particular what ever it is that is the thing to incorage if he injoys it and is good at it that will be this thing he will exsell at far beyond people with out dyslexia this is a common trate with people with dyslexia just be there for him and help he with the thing that you see he likes to do and shines at ;)

and thanks again

jason ;)

what about for people where it is normal to pay £78 or whatever before they turn up to an event? like me. im booked for 4 event this year where i've paid in advance (im gold for eclipse too) i'd much rather go to these events even if the guest lists change (hell one doesnt even have ANY guests announced) because i find the full weekend to be much much nicer than signings

I have not said im not looking forward to the whole experience and am happy with the guests going im just gutted like alot of other people and giving my opinion that 3 of the ones i wanted to see arent going! And that SOME people cant afford it we all have reasons for WHY we go to these things and some go for the guests! Just to reiturate im going for the weekend experience but am gutted some guests arent going but am happy with the ones that are still but just thought i was able to give an opinion (as its a forum) which isnt just mine but clearly from some other posts and emails othere peoples too!!!:D

Edited by Yodas'stuntman

I certainly haven't got money to waste, but I often book for weekend conventions before any guests have been announced. The point of these events is primarily to have fun. Meeting the guests is only part of that. I like meeting my con-friends and I really enjoy the parties! :D

One of the "rules of thumb" for cons is never to book solely for one - or even more - guests. Guests cancel and it can be disappointing but the weekend should be fun if the people there expect to have fun!

Out of interest, from the front page of the Massive Events online store....

All purchases are non refundable unless the event is canceled by ourselves (or if the guest is no longer attending, in the case of talks or photo sessions).

I hate the writers even more now.

Yes, how dare they have the temerity to stand up and demand fair remuneration for all the subsequent sales of their work! Good lord, they should have just shut up, sat down, got on with their work and continued to be ripped off. Indeed, all the screenwriters should be forcibly enslaved and made to work for nothing, and all their homes and possession sold and the proceeds given to angiepie02 so she can buy some more tissues to weep into about having been so inconvenienced by them. :D

I certainly haven't got money to waste, but I often book for weekend conventions before any guests have been announced. The point of these events is primarily to have fun. Meeting the guests is only part of that. I like meeting my con-friends and I really enjoy the parties! :dance:

One of the "rules of thumb" for cons is never to book solely for one - or even more - guests. Guests cancel and it can be disappointing but the weekend should be fun if the people there expect to have fun!

Yeah i hear what your saying and do agree on the whole but im just trying to make some people (who clearly dont like other people having opinions) aware that "SOME" people do go for the guests. Im gutted about some of the cancellations yes and thats why im having my opinion too but i am on the whole going for the weekend experience the parties and cos i love heroes, but some people ARE rightly or wrongly (again its peoples opinions which they are entitled to) going for the guests. I would personally hate to have the stress and moans that showmasters go through in which alot of the time must be a thankless task as you can never please everyone!:D

I hate the writers even more now.

Yes, how dare they have the temerity to stand up and demand fair remuneration for all the subsequent sales of their work! Good lord, they should have just shut up, sat down, got on with their work and continued to be ripped off. Indeed, all the screenwriters should be forcibly enslaved and made to work for nothing, and all their homes and possession sold and the proceeds given to angiepie02 so she can buy some more tissues to weep into about having been so inconvenienced by them. :lol:

LOL :dance::D

im just trying to make some people (who clearly dont like other people having opinions) aware that "SOME" people do go for the guests.

I know, and I do appreciate that it can be very disappointing when a guest you were looking forward to has to cancel. Believe me, I was absolutely dismayed when I read that Hayden had cancelled. But I know that I have fun at these events regardless of who the guests are.

Just turn up and enjoy the weekend!

Or, how about this question?

How dare they forced many times more people out of work, ruin other lives, all for their own monetary gain?

Again its peoples opinions!!! Yours or TommyT neither is right or wrong only in your own opinions. But without the imagination of the writers where would the films come from and where would those "people out of work" for a little while get jobs if not in the films or series invented by those writers!!:D

£78 plus is alot of money to pay for a few partys and a chance to meet like minded heroes fans.

Blimey careful!! You will get a barrage of flack for that!! LOL :D:dance::yoda:

Seriously people are gonna start looking out for me at eclipse and try and throw stuff at me! :lol:

£78 plus is alot of money to pay for a few partys and a chance to meet like minded heroes fans.

Blimey careful!! You will get a barrage of flack for that!! LOL :D:dance::yoda:

Seriously people are gonna start looking out for me at eclipse and try and throw stuff at me! :lol:

Is that where the "Attendee picture thread" secretly really is for? :lol:

Oh do shut up. This is a forum and i can say whatever i want. I dont mean it. I was looking forward to meeting Hayden and posted that 5 minutes after she pulled out. You dont have to be mean about it. Jeeze

I agree and its obvious you didnt mean it but i dont think TommyT did either i think he was being sarcastic, but look at the flack i got for having an opinion too!! :D:yoda: Im sure we'll ALL have a great weekend anyway