Has the Heroes guests coming to GMex changes your plans ?

dufresne

Have your plans changed now that Hayden and Noah will be at GMex ?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from :

• I will get them at GMex and still/now attend Eclipse
    • I will get them at Gmex and no longer attend Eclipse
    • I will get them at Gmex and was never attending Eclipse
    • Depending on my Gmex experience I may also attend Eclipse
    • I am attending neither event
    • I don't care about Heroes guests at other shows, Eclipse is an all-in Heroes fest

For me, Eclipse was always going to be about the autographs. The rest of the event will be cool I know, and it willl be a great weekend for the fans, but I have other commitments on the Sunday. I was prepared to bite the bullet given that the six autos at Collectormania would cost at least £90, so I had no problem paying £12 less than that for an Eclipse ticket, even if I was going to be in and out on the Saturday.

But now that HP and NGC will be at GMex, and I am going to GMex already, I can’t really justify the time spent (and time taken off work) as well as travel costs etc for SR, DA, JM and one other. I’m not trying to talk anyone out of Eclipse, but as we all know, but not all of us realise :thumbup: , Heroes guests can and will be announced for other events throughout the year. I am sure that at least one other Eclipse guest will (like Hayden and Adrian) reappear for SMs in due course.

Much as I like to support as many events as I can, I’m finding more than ever that I need to do one day at events where I would have done both or all days, and some events end up pruned altogether. Which, imo, makes it more important than ever that we know attendance days as soon as possible.

Anyway – just curious what the announcements have meant for people. Please make your mark on the poll, and try not to send this the way Hayden’s announcement thread went please ….

Eclipse was never a Hayden-and-Noah con for me, it was always a Heroes con, and still is. I'm still delighted to attend, and for me the value of the pass has not lowered in the slightest.

I have quite a few things I want Hayden to sign so I'll probably grab her at GMex AND Eclipse.

Again, I cannot really answer in the poll as I have already booked for Ecplise meaning I will get my Auto's there...

I am not going to Manc... yet but might change my mind depending on what guests are announced in the coming weeks

But to clear up - IF Eclipse wasn't happening, I would have gone to Manc on the back of Noah being annouced as I need him for my cast shot!

Its not changed my plans as yet, as i have already bought eclipse tickets, and was already planning on going to Manchester but im not sure what to do about Noah and Hayden, as im parnoid that they will turn up for manchester and not eclipse and i will miss my chance of getting there signature. Plus i wud like to meet them twice, but i dont think i will be able too, as March is such an expensive month.

I think this topic is kinda irrelavant when you take it that at least 90% tickets sold for Eclipse so why would it change anyones plans

It will just be the few who have waited till late to decide on Eclipse that may change their minds.

Having read other threads I do still find it strange that some people would book eclipse for just the autos but lets not get into that as it has dragged on and on and on and on and on

I think this topic is kinda irrelavant when you take it that at least 90% tickets sold for Eclipse so why would it change anyones plans

It will just be the few who have waited till late to decide on Eclipse that may change their minds.

Having read other threads I do still find it strange that some people would book eclipse for just the autos but lets not get into that as it has dragged on and on and on and on and on

You have answered your own question - given Hayden's thread, people obviously care ! It's unlikely that people will not use a non-refundable ticket "just" because two of the guests are elsewhere, but it's still possible to debate the hypothetical !

As I said, I was absolutely only going to Eclipse for the autos (anyone else ?)

And what about people going to Eclipse and that don't care attending G-Mex ??^_^

People in this category don't matter as far as the poll is concerned, as the fact that HP and NGC are at Gmex doesn't matter to them.

And what about people going to Eclipse and that don't care attending G-Mex ??:headscratch:

People in this category don't matter as far as the poll is concerned, as the fact that HP and NGC are at Gmex doesn't matter to them.

Well, for most people going to Eclipse, I guess that Heroes guests coming to G-Mex doesn't

change their plans and I think that would be a valid information to know what percentage it actually is (at least from the people visiting these boards). I understand that your poll is about people who don't

care or don't care anymore about Eclipse (except for those going to both events).

I will add that it was very difficult for me to get time off work for Eclipse, where if I was just going to the GMex for one day, that would have solved a lot of problems.

Hayden is now my main reason for going, and whilst I'm looking forward to meeting David Anders, the cancelation of Zach & Greg upset me and I've little or no interest in meeting the other 3 Eclipse guests announced so far, I may as well seeing as I've paid for it.

I am looking forward to the parties though and meeting loads of new people.

As the saying goes "You can't please everyone all of the time".

I have to say that some who may claim to be just going fo autos or for certain guests should read back on posts made when Eclipse was announced and see how excited they were for the event and not just for autos

Interesting to do that sometimes .

I have to say that some who may claim to be just going fo autos or for certain guests should read back on posts made when Eclipse was announced and see how excited they were for the event and not just for autos

Interesting to do that sometimes .

And just a teensy bit anal ! People are allowed to change their minds / priorities :P

I'm quite pleased Hayden's going to Manchester for a couple of reasons. I'm from Manchester anyway and have about 20 people who wanted me to get Hayden's autograph at Eclipse (which was never going to happen anyway) but now I don't have to disappoint anyone as they can all just go themselves.

Also I'm hoping to crew at the event so won't have as much time to run about getting my autographs.

I can see why some people are annoyed/miffed, but it doesn't bother me at all really, I'm just looking forward to Eclipse so much :P

Edited by Lena

I am going to Eclipse, so will get my autographs and photos there.

I have planned to attend GMex on Sunday and still will.

At least other people will have their chance to get their autographs, who cannot go to Eclipse.

I am going to Eclipse, so will get my autographs and photos there.

I have planned to attend GMex on Sunday and still will.

At least other people will have their chance to get their autographs, who cannot go to Eclipse.

Same here. I'll attend any talks they do at G-Mex, but there's no point in buying an auto/photo with them, as I'll see them at Eclipse.

Also, I bought a Gold Ticket pass for Eclipse and still would have knowing this.

From (not inconsiderable) experience, the sort of people who go to full weekend conventions (as opposed to G-Mex style autograph events) JUST for autographs are way, WAY in the minority.

++EDIT++

That said, if Jimmy is added to the Eclipse event AFTER I've bought his auto, then I will not be so happy.

Edited by chris_mk