BBBC

rich5wolves

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indio, did you meet burt before at LFCC2 or did you miss him? If you missed him I can understand your keeness to get him back but not really if you met him before, why not put your efforts into campaigning for another guest from Deliverance, a film which you're clearly a fan of? I vote Ronny Cox - he at least will also please Robocop (which I think SM Jason is a fan of) and Total Recall and Beverly Hills Cop fans.

Edited by nicky

i missed him. ronny cox would be cool, mabee ned beatty too. sadley jon voight said doing public signings is not his cup of tea although he is a great signer through the mail and at premieres.

burt reynolds is my all time favourite and when he came over last time i was laid up with glandier fever.

Indio, did you meet burt before at LFCC2 or did you miss him? If you missed him I can understand your keeness to get him back but not really if you met him before, why not put your efforts into campaigning for another guest from Deliverance, a film which you're clearly a fan of? I vote Ronny Cox - he at least will also please Robocop (which I think SM Jason is a fan of) and Total Recall and Beverly Hills Cop fans.

Or there's always that little fellow with the Banjo : -

deliverance.JPG

Anyway, I must admit as far as I'm concerned Burt Reynolds will always be The Bandit...

Or there's always that little fellow with the Banjo : -

deliverance.JPG

Anyway, I must admit as far as I'm concerned Burt Reynolds will always be The Bandit...

I think he's mostly tied up with Man Utd and England these days

• Showmasters Admin

too tall, that is a poor excuse about his health and him getting on in years. he is 71 years old which is not an accident age and he still makes about 4 or 5 movies a year and still travels to the u.k. and he is making a movie in the isle of man next month. i don't know why showmasters cant be just flat out honest and say his fee is to high instead of fobbing people off with all these pathetic excuses.

It's not an excuse it's my understanding of the situation.

Let me be straight. SM owe you NOTHING!!! They are under no obligation to get Burt or any other guest. Rich asked for Burt and I replied that I didn't think it was likely. SM have answered you in the past that it was not likely. All we have tried to do is be polite and explain, as far as we know the reasons for him not coming back. This is no good enough for you. You want to believe it's all some big lie and the real reason is that he's too expensive.

OK, he's too expensive, there I admitted it! It's based on no hard facts but you seem to prefer it when statements are based on supposition and conjecture. This guy on the forum "Indio" said it was because Burt's to expensive so it's got to be true. Now what? Is he suddenly going to come to an event? No!

Your negativity gets you no where! You say being positive doesn't get you anywhere. Well that's so completely wrong. I came on here 3.5 years ago as I had issues with the lack of information available on the websites. But rather than bitch about it I did something about it. I came on here and I started to gather up the information and helped other people find it. This lead to me writing the FAQs. No one asked me too, I had nothing to do with SM at the time, I wasn't even a mod. I decided that I'd be positive and do something for the others in this community rather than just complain about it.

Now I'm head moderator, head of the SM crew. My points of view about issues with the shows are taken VERY seriously, all because I started by being positive and doing something about the issues as I saw them, and not just complaining about them.

You will obviously never believe anything but the negatives about SM and that's a shame. If you actually got to know Jason, Stuart, Mark and Andrea, you'd know that they do all of this for the fans. they do want everyone to have a good time, they do want to put on the best possible shows for the attendees. Do the shows have to make money? Yes of course they do or SM would die and we wouldn't have these great shows. Do they make mistakes? Yes of course they do, we all do.

If you want things to be better for you and everyone else you'll find you'll get 1000% further being positive and working with SM than you ever will being negative and basically telling them they are liars and cheats.

Let me finish where I started. SM owe you nothing! They do not have to justify to you the guests they get. If you don't like the guests they get then fine, don't attend. But when SM and other try and explain why a specific guests may not appear, they are just trying to be polite and open, they don't have to be, they could say nothing. So it's unbelievably rude of you to then reply that it's all a lie. I was trying to help you, remind me not to bother in future!

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

so Burt is not coming back??

We are not saying 100% that he is not coming back, no one can predict the future. But as SM stated in the other thread and have stated to me in person, they don't honestly think it's likely to happen.

how dare you exuse me of calling showmasters liars, i never said anything of the sort. that is something you made up and i never said anything about showmasters oweing me anything either. all i said was there were excuses regarding burt. i happen to have my contacts and i meant what i said. also i happen to get on very well with garry king, who is the founder for all the big u.k. shows. there is nothing wrong with feeling let down however i will say it again everytime i say anything positive on this forum i am lucky if i get one reply however every time ive voiced any opinion i either have had you or that davidb creep breathing down my neck. SO, GET LOST.

so Burt is not coming back??

We are not saying 100% that he is not coming back, no one can predict the future. But as SM stated in the other thread and have stated to me in person, they don't honestly think it's likely to happen.

yeah, i know.... i was just kidding

i mean, DAMMIT MAN, FLY TO AMERICA AND DRUG THE MAN, PUT HIM ON A PLANE AND SIT HIM IN MILTON KEYNES READY FOR COLLECTORMANIA!!!

how dare you exuse me of calling showmasters liars, i never said anything of the sort. that is something you made up and i never said anything about showmasters oweing me anything either. all i said was there were excuses regarding burt. i happen to have my contacts and i meant what i said. also i happen to get on very well with garry king, who is the founder for all the big u.k. shows. there is nothing wrong with feeling let down however i will say it again everytime i say anything positive on this forum i am lucky if i get one reply however every time ive voiced any opinion i either have had you or that davidb creep breathing down my neck. SO, GET LOST.

Jesus H. Christ on a bike !

• Showmasters Admin

indio, I'm afraid I've had to ban you, at least temporarily. We have no problem with people asking questions, or even criticising. But we can't allow people to become abusive to other posters, and doubly so board moderators. I'll lift the ban after C12 (and you are banned from the board, not the events), when hopefully you will have had time to calm down.

we can't allow people to become abusive to other posters, and doubly so board moderators.

Don't all posters deserve the same treatment in terms of abuse? Sounds like something from "Animal Farm"...the George Orwell version, not don't read, mods please delete!

• 4 weeks later...

EVERYONE MISS ME. the return of EL INDIO

I must say some of what you say I agree with but other stuff you wont get away with on the boards.

You seem to fall out with 1 member in particular all the time. I can see why but try not to get banned by slagging him off, just ignore the comments he makes as he will argue and pick fault no matter what.