BBBC

rich5wolves

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Funnily enough Jason actually answered Indio!

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....p;#entry1050653

My understanding is that his health is not as good as it was either and so unfortunately the older he gets the likely hood of him returning is getting less and less.

Edited by Too Tall

too tall, that is a poor excuse about his health and him getting on in years. he is 71 years old which is not an accient age and he still makes about 4 or 5 movies a year and still travels to the u.k. and he is making a movie in the isle of man next month. i dont know why showmasters cant be just flat out honest and say his fee is to high instead of fobbing people off with all these pathetic excuses.

• Moderators

If you actually read what Jason said in that link in reply to you, it says that Burt is busy doing various things - like you said, he's doing movies which is fair enough as that's his livelihood .. but travelling around the world doing stuff like that takes its toll, and so perhaps he doesn't want to fit public appearances into his schedule at his age which is fair enough.

Of course it's all speculation, but there's no need to brand everything as 'pathetic excuses' - after all, you've got more of a reply about the status of a guest than most people do. We very rarely get comments about whether a guest is willing to do stuff or not no matter how often they're requested.

Just be grateful you even got that much. It's unlikely you'll get a response again if this is how you react. No one knows about his health, or his fee etc, nor should that be something we have any right to enquire about.

hey david, stop being so damn right patranising and politely correct all the time and try taking in what i write before you open your trap.

Indio - don't take this the wrong way or anything, but I'm just curious - why are you such a complete tool? I mean, people make perfectly reasonable statements to you, and you come back acting like a complete labia. What's the deal?

• Moderators

hey david, stop being so damn right patranising and politely correct all the time and try taking in what i write before you open your trap.

I did take in what you said, but I thought it was totally unreasonable :huh:

Sure, I may come across as patronising, but I meant what I said - there's no need to accuse Showmasters of 'pathetic excuses', nor assume you know anything about Burt's health or appearance fees.

And I also meant everything else I said - there's very rarely any comment from Showmasters regarding the status of any guest and whether they will or won't appear in the future, so you were lucky to get the reply that you did, and if I were you I'd be thankful for that instead of b!tching about it.

It's hardly going to reflect well on you if you want to ask Showmasters anything in future is it? If this is the reaction they get, no wonder they usually keep quiet.

I'd rather be 'politely correct' any day.

I agree with Indio, we all know SM are part of a US led conspiracy to finish off the signing event circuit in the UK so we'll all be forced to go to America. By making sure they never ask the guests that people want to come along they know sooner or later we will all give and start making jam and campaigning for a remake of Never the Twain starring Des Lynam and William Shatner (both playing it straight of course).

The resistance starts here!

• Moderators

also im sick of davidb challenging everything i say

I know, seriously! It's like I'm the devil incarnate or something isn't it.

I always fear getting banned for not writing enough unreasonable crap about the organiser. I should step up my game.

Let's see .. Showmasters never got Rutger Hauer back, THEY ARE RUBBISH!!

Is that how we do it? :huh:

i do know a little bit about burt and i meant what i said when i think these things showmasters say are excuses as for being honest which i always am i think you david just like to suck up to showmasters.

Absolutely true - for every nice thing I say about them, I get 50p and a lolly, and for every reply to you I get to choose which guest I sit with at an event!

Edited by DavidB

• Moderators

OMG! I only asked for Burt to come back, didnt expect people to start bickering.................. :yoda:

Hey think of it as us making the topic look popular - the post count will be crazy! Everyone will think WOW, THIS BBBC IS THE COOL THING :angel:

davidb, your politicly correct do gooder slimey attitude is so fake that ive come to the conclusion that because you are a moderater you think that you should always be creeping around showmasters.

Yes, that's exactly it. That's a brilliant conclusion, and one day you'll make a fine prosecutor or jury member or something with talents like those. Congratulations :clap:

But really - even if I wasn't a moderator, I wouldn't be caught posting the kinda negative pointless over-critical conspiracy theory trash that you come out with, so it's not because I'm a mod.

It's just because I'm slightly more realistic than you are in terms of what I expect from these events, and I realise that it'd be a complete waste of time posting what you do. I don't like this, I don't like that, this is rubbish, you're just telling lies etc etc. Yeah, that's going to suddenly change everything to YOUR liking isn't it? :D

Of course you're never going to understand that though, and you don't want to. So don't be surprised if you get childish jokey responses from people that've come to realise your attitude will never change :no:

:D:angel::yoda::no::clap::chair:

Totally F22.0

Why would you post something asking about the thing you asked about before where you were given an answer to then dismiss the answer to the post (not the post from before) as being invalid and a pathetic excuse, even though said answer was not dismissed after said post and has not been dismissed until 9 months later? And, of course, the current answer to the current post bears no resemblance to the answer to the previous post as it has not been answered by previous respondents, but is merely a link to the aforementioned answer with a personal hypothesis attached.

By the way, I'd like Burt back too :D