Facebook - New Event - Eclipse

Deap

HI guys, I don't know if many of you out there use facebook. Do you?

If not you've probably heard ts like myspace but new. It's not, It's similar but much better and you should really think of joining. I hate social networking sites because they are always changing and all look a mess but this one is different because of the way the photo sharing works.

You upload your photos to the site which is really simple but the clever thing is you click on you or your friends face in the photos and tag yourself in them (its simple to upload and to tag) then as you tag more people and they tag you your collection builds so all photos of events ect you o to will be available to you on your page.

We recently had one for the Heroes World tour and currently a lot of the group members are uploading their photos and tagging each other.

Events are user created however and in the case of LFCC there are about 10 Event listings for LFCC 07 and to see all the images you need to join them all which is messy.

An event page has been created for the eclipse at the following address

[url=http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5686243941[/url]

Please if you are going to or want to join an event for eclipse, Join at that link so we don't end up with 50 people creating their own pages.

If you haven't already joined facebook you realy should. you will thank me once you have and see the benefits of its features

Any users out there already?

Edited by Deap

When i first heard about Facebook i thought it sounded like another boring way to sit and spend a few hours, However i needed to sign up to look at some photos and found that its actually really ace!!

You should all sign up, there is so much you can do and discuss.

Take 5 minutes and take a look-What have you got to lose.

xx :YAHOO:

Edited by faythe

I think I joined. I don't really bother with Facebook. MySpace is easier for keeping in touch with my friends, and that's all I need.

This is much better if you care at all about photo sharing, especially when it comes to events.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that I have created a Group for Eclipse as aposed to an event.

Eclipse (Facebook)

The reason for this is because any pictures people post after the event will disappear 1 month after the event ends so post photos

I want to clear up that I don't want to step on anyone toes if you don't want to join you don't have to but if you are planning on using facebook to share photos after the event then the group would be a better place.

There was already a Facebook event group for Eclipse made ages ago that heaps of people have already joined, whereas the group you have only has two members.

Like you said - it's bad when heaps of groups are made all about the same thing - maybe you should have looked or asked before you made your own?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=5190709739&ref=mf

The photo place is a good idea though ^^

Edited by Keladryie

There was already a Facebook event group for Eclipse made ages ago that heaps of people have already joined, whereas the group you have only has two members.

Yes I am aware of this, I was the guy who started this topic and posted the link to that event so that people did not go creating their own events all over the place.

I have created a "group" not an "event"

since starting this topic it has come to my attention (due to the heroes world tour event) that if you create an event. it will disappear from your facebook profile approximately 1 month after the event happens. Just because facebook closes it down.

Don't stop using the event page that Susan Cannon has made and im not trying to take any kind of priority. before the event happens, Susan's page is great for the discussions and wall posts she is putting on there. It has over 45 members now which is really good.

The group however will be eternal and wont disappear so that would be a better place to go after the event happens to share photos. if you do this on the Events page it will just disappear and the whole sharing thing would have been pointless.

What I am suggesting is that if you use facebook for photo sharing as I do then use both pages. If youre not interested in getting loads of photos and videos together after the event and just want the event marker, just use Susan Cannon's event page located here

• 3 months later...

There was an event which had more attendees listed, but i joined this one anyways since its a group not an event, thanks

If you want to share photos at the end join the group as well as the event,

If you just want to network on facebook, Just join the event.

There is a lot more activity at the event page I run the group page and it really is just a placeholder at the moment.

Now im tempted to join facebook even though i dont like it.

Is there a myspace at all for Eclipse as well or is anyone thinking of making one? That would also be pretty cool : )

Myspace does not really work for events such as this as it's a network of user pages so unless someone makes their username or page Eclipse UK there wont really be an eclipse page unless Massive events make one.

Edited by Deap