Who'd you meet? what'd you get?

Fader

i managed to meet one of my all time fav actors Mads Mikkelsen. i've been a fan of this guy since the bleeder and pusher days..and now i've met him! hes a proper legend! other than sly stallone he's the actor i've always wanted to meet the most. (and i'll never meet sly...never thought i'd get the chance to meet mads either though.)

i also managed to find "30 rock" on region 1 dvd. a comedy series with "fader favs" alec bladwin, tina fey and tracey morgan in it...brilliant!

so all in all....showmasters kick ass!

who'd you all meet? what finds did you get?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The queue wasnt too bad and there was nobody asking for the VTs when we went to him so a lot of people just joined the queue. He was solidly busy but nothing too hectic.

There were no posed photos but he was doing dedications.

Nice one, to be honest I only want his and Patrick stewarts autographs, so should be ok!

Had a great day today. Biggest surprise was i got to meet dominic monaghan! and really easily too. I got there at about 10:15 and was doing my usual collecting of virtual que tickets and thought i may as well get one for him and do the standard 'check the number before we go' as it was bound to be about 300 +, much to my delight matey giving out the tickets said i could just join the back of the line, get in! I had met the biggest guest within 10 minutes of being there!(and a throughly nice bloke he was too) After that i met the legends that are Danny Dyer and Tamar Hassan, got a pic of both em togther signed,personalised and got a photo with both, top geezers, couldn't have asked for more. With the guests all done i picked up some dvds, got Death Proof (which i'm chuffed about seeing as it doesn't even come out in america til 18/9) and Rome season 2 (was gonna get Heros just for the sake of it but would MUCH rather buy rome) The dvds were extremly cheap, £30 for most boxsets (prison break,heros,supernatural,greys anatomy etc). All in all a great day, worth the wait. Truley a day of legend. Met some true greats! Finally my love for cons is back!

I REALLY REALLY enjoyed today. Probably one of the best days i've ever had at an event.

I got my ates star wars poster signed by about 10 of the cast. They were all very nice.

I myself met.

Billy West. Doesn't chat too much but is very nice and funny.

Mads mikkelsen. He was the main reason i went. I was even shaking when i met him i felt so honoured. He liked the fact i said he was the 'Best Bond Villian ever' He happily posed for photos even though he was asked to stop by staff.

Danny Dyer. I had no intent of meeting him but so glad i did. He was awsome. Really appricated me coming to see him and posed for a photo.

I'm still laughing now about the quote he wrote on my photo ' F*uck off you soppy C*nt':P

Awsome guy and he made my day meeting him.

So ecited about the Heroes guests tomorrow

I met :

Billy West : a chatty guy, very friendly and appreciative of the people who met him.

Mads Mikkelssen : Nice enough chap, happy to have photos taken, liked the fact I had tom so and Daniel Andreas on the 10x8 already.

Dom : Very friendly, seemed interested in you.

Steven Speirs : Absolute legend! Talking to him for a little while about his Star Wars experiences

Christopher Malcolm : Again, very friendly, he was the first signature on my poster so he said he was happy to be able to choose where he signed it rather than be "squashed on the end", so he signed over the snowspeeder appropriately.

Milton Johns : Very nice man, impressed that he hadn't come across my poster before.

Quentin Pierre, Al lampert, Paul Jerrico, Ralph Brown, Syd Wragg, William Hoyland, Anthony Smee, Kenny Baker and Vass Anderson were all great too!

Edited by Sauron

I met :

Billy West : a chatty guy, very friendly and appreciative of the people who met him.

Mads Mikkelssen : Nice enough chap, happy to have photos taken, liked the fact I had tom so and Daniel Andreas on the 10x8 already.

Dom : Very friendly, seemed interested in you.

Steven Speirs : Absolute legend! Talking to him for a little while about his Star Wars experiences

Christopher Malcolm : Again, very friendly, he was the first signature on my poster so he said he was happy to be able to choose where he signed it rather than be "squashed on the end", so he signed over the snowspeeder appropriately.

Milton Johns : Very nice man, impressed that he hadn't come across my poster before.

Quentin Pierre, Al lampert, Paul Jerrico, Ralph Brown, Syd Wragg, Kenny Baker and Vass Anderson were all great too!

Got to say I was very impressed with William Mapother. Went to get my LOST picture signed and spent about 10 minutes discussing my theories on the show. Apparently he likes hearing fan theories and talking about them...a great guy!

Also Tom Baker...the man is mad! Told us a story about some girl he used to know as he used to live in the same area as me...

A great day!

Yep William was lovely! I spent ages chatting with him too! He even recorded a message for my members at my Lost Fansite so i was very impressed a lovely lovely guy! I met Dom too, got his sig and had my pic with him! He was too busy to chat with though, but he was very polite, and seemed to like the like the gift i gave him on behalf of my site! Thank you showmnasters, i met my Idols because of you1

I turned up at Earls Court around 11:30 and my friend managed to get tickets to the Dom photo shoot. While she queued up I bought the Heroes Season One DVD. Met a few of the Harry Potter guests and got photos with them.

Took a couple of photos of the Bumblebee model at the top of the escalators, took photos with the Aliens and Predator guys who were ace to talk to, met Dom and talked about Manchester, bought a book from Robert Rankin who was very happy to see his book has gotten a better review than the last Harry Potter book in SFX.

Met Danny Dyer who was cool as, just like he is in his films and got his autograph, went to the Billy West talk and later went for his autograph. Apparently lots of people have been getting him to record phone messages for them so thats something to do tomorrow. Got to GARETH DAVID LLOYD just before he left and got a photo with him.

Checked out the SFX stand hoping to get the Heroes Special Edition but they'd already sold out, I got the three issues for a £1 offer and a shed load of free stuff.

Pretty great day in all and I cant wait till tomorrow to meet the guys from Heroes.