through the mail

indio

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 years ago and i mean 3 years i sent Wesley Snipes a photo to get signed whilst he was filming. Cant remember which. About 2 weeks ago i received it back, quite surprisingly SIGNED.

Dedicated to me and signed in silver.

Was very happy as i thought i would never see it again.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a few more through today.

The Unit, got sent a full set of cast photos signed by each member with a little message by some of the cast on some of them. Nice

Also got a reply from Chris Pine (The new captain Kirk) today on a 10x8 Star Trek Movie promo shot, saying "Thanks for your support of the new vision, and I hope I live up to your expectations". Very nice.

Ooh, how/where did you write to Chris Pine? Cos It'd be cool to have Kirk AND Spock before the film is even out!

Just write to Chris Pine C/O Paramount, just have a look on there website.

I have written to the whole cast, so will just have to wait and see. Not that I am expecting this to be a good movie, as it sounds c**p but I have to have a complete Star Trek collection and they are now part of it.

Sorry DeeBee, didn't want an address- just a general idea of where to send lol- I couldn't send it to his home addy after all hehe :D Or could I ....... :blink:

SciFiMAD, I agree... it doesn't sound fantastic.... I HATE recasts, but I'm a trekkie so i Have to go :clap: gosh darn it- I doubt I'll be happy though. I think Trek could have gone so differently in the last few years- but they ruined Nemesis- good story, but baaaaaaad filming, direction, cgi... everything! Trek has always had model ships, so why make them fake looking cgi ones now? grrr!

/rant

Sorry DeeBee, didn't want an address- just a general idea of where to send lol- I couldn't send it to his home addy after all hehe :D Or could I ....... :blink:

SciFiMAD, I agree... it doesn't sound fantastic.... I HATE recasts, but I'm a trekkie so i Have to go :clap: gosh darn it- I doubt I'll be happy though. I think Trek could have gone so differently in the last few years- but they ruined Nemesis- good story, but baaaaaaad filming, direction, cgi... everything! Trek has always had model ships, so why make them fake looking cgi ones now? grrr!

/rant

Sounds like you have the same view on this film as I do. And yeah I hate trek CGI the only good stuff they did was on the TV for the battles in DS9.

Yeah as a die hard trekkie I will be there boxing day 2008 watching it. I think they should just let trek rest for a long while. But they know there is money in it so they keep doing it. I have a feeling this is going to be like a bad Star Trek 5 - The Death of a franchise.

Nah, Trek 5 will be fanatastic compared to this lol! Though I do like Zach Q and Simon Pegg, I don't think they could hold together a bad film idea on their own.

The CGI in DS9 was only good cos they used previous images of models to make it and coppied them lots! They didn't make it all up from scratch grr

• 4 weeks later...

I'm all sorted with my US stamps, envelopes and stuff, but can I just check that 3 first class US (41c) stamps will be enough to cover the return of a pic in an A4 envelope to the UK?

Where can you get US stamps from?

If you got a credit card you can buy them from the website of the US Postal Service.

As an alternative you could try Ebay. On the German one you can occassionally get stamps cheap. You just have to be careful and make sure you get uncancelled ones.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Sent Sir Ian McKellen an X-Men 10x8 last week, got it back today signed and personalised with my first & surname.

Just something that I have picked up on over the years with through the mail stuff, a lot of the time when you get a personalised item back with your first and surname, it has a high chance of being a auto-signed item (machine), some of the new machines are now able to wright full letters in the sytle of the signee handwriting.

Edited by SciFiMAD

He signs them himself, and he does the full name due to wishing to eliminate the chance of items being sold on.

Cool, had not thought of that, as a reason why he would do that. I know that a lot of american signed use auto-signers as they also print address labels out at the same time as signing the photo, two-in-one job. Where I used to work we had one of these machines, very cool and sign really good copies of autographs.

I've written to Charlie Cox (from the movie Stardust) in December 2007. I made a Christmas card, wrote a letter and a little birthday note, included 2 pictures and SASE. Never really expected a reply, so big was my surprise when I received, in less than 3 weeks, my envelope back! The pictures were personally signed and he included his own one + wrote a little comment on it. It was a very nice surprise :YAHOO:

a lot of the medium to smaller stars are better for signing - as they obv don't get as much as johnny depp etc. i have had some wonderful replies off people like kandyse mcclure(dualla on bsg) and elena anaya (spanish actress) usually with a written note if ive asked some questions. diana riggs daughter : rachel stirling (who has built up an impressive theatre career in her own right) is awesome for signing stuff and sending back letters and stuff.

• 4 weeks later...