through the mail

indio

the reason also why i mentioned that site was to help people who write to stars.

*address edited again*

You know it was edited the first time, please don't deliberately do it again. I don't care if it's you or anyone else doing it, it's nothing personal at all.

Edited by DavidB

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a gereral chat section, so why remove something as harmless as i put? oh i know anything good that indio says we will delete or ignore and when he has a opinion about anything different. just tare him apart.

the reason also why i mentioned that site was to help people who write to stars.

*address edited again*

You know it was edited the first time, please don't deliberately do it again. I don't care if it's you or anyone else doing it, it's nothing personal at all.

I would just like to add one more point that DavidB brought up. He said that giving out mailing details might take business away from Showmasters. I would like to say that would not happen. As most of the people I know and who I have spoken to at these events do not go to get the autograph they go to MEET the guest and you dont get that through mail. So no threat what so ever. Even if I do get a autograph from a guest through the mail I will still go to a showmasters event to MEET them and get a in-person autograph as you can never be 100% sure that they are not autopen through the mail.

Indio. I agree with your point there is NO harm in posting a few sites for a hobbie that a lot of us share. And I am very show a lot of the Showmasters started there collections off in this way. So I would think they would be all for this. But then again we have not had a response from this in this matter just a forum led.

• Moderators

I can handle differing opinions, and that's perfectly fine if people don't agree with the rules - however, this business about it 'just' being from me isn't quite fair.

Showmasters appoint moderators so they don't have to come on here and address every petty squabble that goes on, or go round editing things etc. It's a waste of time for them when they can be organising the events, which I'm sure we all agree is the most important thing!

In the end, whether it's me, Queen Sindel, or Too Tall etc, we're all in charge of these sections and what we do in terms of the rules etc should be good enough for everyone as much as the word from Showmasters - or else there's no point in having us helping out on here if people are just going to ignore us.

I can handle differing opinions, and that's perfectly fine if people don't agree with the rules - however, this business about it 'just' being from me isn't quite fair.

Showmasters appoint moderators so they don't have to come on here and address every petty squabble that goes on, or go round editing things etc. It's a waste of time for them when they can be organising the events, which I'm sure we all agree is the most important thing!

In the end, whether it's me, Queen Sindel, or Too Tall etc, we're all in charge of these sections and what we do in terms of the rules etc should be good enough for everyone as much as the word from Showmasters - or else there's no point in having us helping out on here if people are just going to ignore us.

I noticed there you did not answer any of our points that we raised. Yes you are the moderator, I understand that. But I do feel you are being unfair in terms of reasons for not allowing this us to post links. Look at the justifications I have given is past posts. This is NOT HARMING SHOWMASTERS IN ANYWAY.

What is the difference between us posting the links on here or just picking up the email address of peoples profiles and emailing them for details. Either way we find out what these links are. Surely it would be best if we do it in a way that is open to everyone.

If mailing actors is harming Showmasters you should of closed this topic down after the first post, and not let us dicues this in anyway what so every. Instead you let us post our sussess stories and let people know you can easily get free autographs from actors if you write to them. "But sorry can post link here DavidB wont let us but email me and I will give it to you anyway" that make NO sense what so ever. :chair::dance:

I think David has already got the point accross why he deleted indio's link in the first place:

The link goes to a pay site, and David as a moderator does not feel comfortable with seeing the link on here. As a matter of fact neither do I, that's why I have never posted it when the subject came up before.

I am not sure what more "answers to your questions" you want.

Maybe I missed something while I wasn't online, but the only link I saw posted was the pay site, and that one is not under my definition of "a few sites for the hobby."

In case you have missed it, David and I both do collect TTM as well.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I think David has already got the point accross why he deleted indio's link in the first place:

The link goes to a pay site, and David as a moderator does not feel comfortable with seeing the link on here. As a matter of fact neither do I, that's why I have never posted it when the subject came up before.

I am not sure what more "answers to your questions" you want.

Maybe I missed something while I wasn't online, but the only link I saw posted was the pay site, and that one is not under my definition of "a few sites for the hobby."

Ok Queen Sindel. Ok I have given good reasons why I feel we should be able to post links to sites on here. Ok indio was a pay site. I can understand your justifcation for removing that kind of link. But there are lots and lots of free sites out there that are not business but are fan sites trying to help other TTM collectors. What is the harm of posting these links.

I posted one link the other day to CBS, why was that not deleted. It was a link!!!!!!!!!!!!

There seems to be no standard rule. Another person told me to go to google type fan mail and take the post one on the list. That is as good as a link. What the hell is the differences between us saying things like that emailing each other then posting them on hear.

This is me at the moment. I am the yellow one. :dance:

And yes I did miss it as you said in your post, you have not posted in this topic!!!!

• Moderators

I noticed there you did not answer any of our points that we raised. Yes you are the moderator, I understand that. But I do feel you are being unfair in terms of reasons for not allowing this us to post links. Look at the justifications I have given is past posts. This is NOT HARMING SHOWMASTERS IN ANYWAY.

What is the difference between us posting the links on here or just picking up the email address of peoples profiles and emailing them for details. Either way we find out what these links are. Surely it would be best if we do it in a way that is open to everyone.

If mailing actors is harming Showmasters you should of closed this topic down after the first post, and not let us dicues this in anyway what so every. Instead you let us post our sussess stories and let people know you can easily get free autographs from actors if you write to them. "But sorry can post link here DavidB wont let us but email me and I will give it to you anyway" that make NO sense what so ever. :chair::dance:

This topic is going the exact way I thought it would do, and for that reason alone I totally stand by the fact that none of this should be allowed in the first place. Like you said, maybe I should've closed it in the first place, but I thought people might be capable of abiding by what I quite politely asked them to do.

Some people have issues with rules - and without trying to be rude, your opinion on the rules actually doesn't matter. Neither does mine or anyone elses. It's Showmasters' forum, and they choose to set the rules, and you either abide by them or you don't post here. I hate to put it as bluntly as that, but that is what it comes down to. The rules aren't there for open debate, and it's fairly reasonable to expect members to respect that.

As for why it's different to email etc rather than just asking on here? Well, that's like saying McDonalds know Burger King exist, but they're not going to let you advertise them in their business. And Showmasters know other events exist, but you can't discuss them on here either. But everyone can go and find the information for themselves, and there are places which WILL allow discussion of all these different things.

I don't understand the desperation for having to post about TTM stuff RIGHT HERE. As QS said, I myself collect through the mail but I use other sites that are specifically for that. I don't care that I can't post about it here because it's not the only forum in the world. We have different forums, with different rules, and different purposes. We shouldn't have to justify ourselves every time we moderate something.

As for editing one thing but not another - we're human, we might miss things.

Ok Queen Sindel. Ok I have given good reasons why I feel we should be able to post links to sites on here. Ok indio was a pay site. I can understand your justifcation for removing that kind of link. But there are lots and lots of free sites out there that are not business but are fan sites trying to help other TTM collectors. What is the harm of posting these links.

I posted one link the other day to CBS, why was that not deleted. It was a link!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CBS link does not go to a pay site. Hence it probably was not deleted. At least that was why I took no offense in it being posted.

I really don't get what you are on about at the moment.

And maybe I am wrong, but I understood the advice of using Google as a way to direct you to more appropriate forums to discuss this matter.

There seems to be no standard rule. Another person told me to go to google type fan mail and take the post one on the list. That is as good as a link. What the hell is the differences between us saying things like that emailing each other then posting them on hear.

E-Mail is private conversation, that's what the difference is.

And yes I did miss it as you said in your post, you have not posted in this topic!!!!

I would suggest you please calm down and read this topic again. I have as a matter of fact posted here before, on page 2 to be exact.

And I got to agree with David again, maybe this topic shold have been closed in the first place. I decided not to do that because things were actually going well on page 1 and 2.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I know I am not going to win this, you two are like a pack of dogs on speed. And you simply are not getting what I am trying to say.

I just feel that this is a harmless topic, so what is the problem. I understand that you dont want us to put "PAY" sites up on here. Queen you said CBS was allowed as it was free, so are we now allowed to post free websites, please make your mined up.

Again you made it out like we where wanting to post links to other events companies, at know point have we asked to do that. McD Vs King we are not asking to do that at know point is it Showmasters Vs Fanmail.

I would like to here a response from Showmasters in this matter to clear the whole matter up. A yes or no we cant.

Queen you said CBS was allowed as it was free, so are we now allowed to post free websites, please make your mined up.

I said I had no problem myself with CBS because it was a free site. I never said it was allowed to post the link in the first place. It is not my decision in the end if posting this is okay or not. I do not make the rules. I only enforce the rules that SM set.

Probably it is best if we simply delete all links from now on until the rules have been clarified for everyone.

right, jason you are the chief, what do you say about this? and please david and queen do not reply to this until jason has his say.

David has already explained in depth why the moderators are here and what our responsibilities are. That hasn't changed in the like 2.5 hours since he posted. So I absolutely do not understand why you are asking for Jason to "have his say" once again.

If Jason or any other person at SM feel that David or another moderator has done wrong, they will correct what that moderator did. If you feel treated incorrectly in this thread, I suggest you let Jason know by e-mail to make sure you get his attention.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I know I am not going to win this, you two are like a pack of dogs on speed. And you simply are not getting what I am trying to say.

You could equally apply that analogy to yourself and Indio.

Accept it - DavidB and QueenS are appointed moderators on this forum and what they say goes. I collect TTM as well, and apart from my one post on page one I have not contributed because I understand the rules. I am a member on another site which is a pay site, but I haven't posted a link to it. And I'm reasonable enough generally to help people out with the odd address should they ask me for it, but like all human beings there would be people on here I wouldn't help out because they spoil my enjoyment of reading these threads through their wish to be argumentative and their obsession with scoring points over others.

Indio - there's no point asking Jason to come on and explain it - he doesn't need to, plus he's probably busy trying to get guests for you to meet. Use your powers of sight and reasoning, and "get it".

Oh, and no I'm not a moderator on here, nor would I consider myself one of the "in crowd". I'm just getting fed up with the "same old same old" from some members.

i mentioned the site to help collectors.

Nobody has doubted your reasons why you posted the link the first time.

But it was removed and the moderator who removed it posted a statement why it was removed. Yet you deliberately posted it again, barely a day after the first post was removed.

Nobody has said you have to agree with the statement. All we are asking you (and everyone else) is to please accept the moderator's decision.

• Moderators

like i said moderater or the queen of spain. i wish jason to tell me. he is in charge. not you

I'm afraid that's not the kinda attitude any member can have. There's no point in having moderators if you're simply going to brush them aside with 'Jason is in charge' comments.

Showmasters have made us moderators, and trusted us to look after things on here. That's something you have to respect, and we'd all appreciate it if you did.

No-one's looking for trouble or arguments, or picking on anyone specifically, and it's unfair that we get backlash like this when we're just doing a job - voluntarily I might add, I don't get anything for putting up with these unnecessary reactions from anyone, nor do I want anything.

I have to say the MAJORITY of members on here are absolutely fine, and have no issues with the rules at all, and it's a pleasure to help as much as we can. There's always a small minority that have to push things though, which is unfortunate as it ruins it for others - this topic for example I was happy to keep open because things were being discussed in an acceptable manner until some started kicking up a fuss.