"HORROR BALL" - What's happening with it?

nicky

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rugby ground? its usually at the hockey stadium

Oooops that what I meant!

I'm thinking its definitly not happening now .... the online shop is shut and they can't sell tickets on the day cos they wont know if they've sold enough to justify running it!

Why would s/he get crucified for that? People disagreed with the "the horror guests aren't good enough, they shouldnt' advertise it as a horror theme when it's not" assertion because that's subjective. Whether a party is happening is not.

I am always amazed, but NEVER shocked at how people on this forum fear the worst and think things have been cancelled before it is announced. How many guests have rumours been started that they are cancelling, yet they still turn up or remain announced.

Think on the positive side. Maybe the tickets will go on sale at the event instead of online due to the recent postal strikes. Let SM say something before fearing the worse.

I started another topic directly asking showmasters for a response, since I dont know if they've noticed this thread

hopefully we'll have our answer soon as to what's happening

Saw it, and I am sure some people will ask why you started it. But hey ho. The more questions asked, the quicker we can have the "it's been cancelled" comments stopped if it is going ahead as I cannot understand why people state something without it being said. But, if it is cancelled, then they will say "I told you so.."

You're right, it hasn't been cancelled yet but there hasn't been any word on it since it was announced. In fact, I can't actually remember an official announcement regarding the party. I started a thread about it months ago after seeing the banner on the website.

But you have to admit that it's not a good sign that we haven't heard anything about the party since it was first brought up :unsure:

Maybe it is still going ahead and tickets will be sold during the event but if it's still a costume party then it's a bit short notice for people to find appropriate costumes this close to Halloween. Not unless you want everyone appearing in the same costumes B)

• Showmasters Admin

There will not be a party this time. We had planned on having a big party but unfortunately we have had some issues with the venue. As the hall at the Hockey Stadium is now closed and the one we were planning to move to is not ready yet we are a bit stuffed!

We had also hoped to work out a deal with the Odeon Cinema where we were going to use 4 of the screens to play films throughout the night and have the main party in the foyer, but unfortunately they were not able to agree the details in time with head office.

We are sorry about this. We did try to work something special out for this but we've run out of time and luck. We will however be working on something for the events next year as we think this would have been a lot of fun.

And for anyone who has taken the time to make costumes there will be a cosplay costume competition during Collectormania (there are more details in the cosplay section).

Jason

There will not be a party this time. We had planned on having a big party but unfortunately we have had some issues with the venue. As the hall at the Hockey Stadium is now closed and the one we were planning to move to is not ready yet we are a bit stuffed!

We had also hoped to work out a deal with the Odeon Cinema where we were going to use 4 of the screens to play films throughout the night and have the main party in the foyer, but unfortunately they were not able to agree the details in time with head office.

We are sorry about this. We did try to work something special out for this but we've run out of time and luck. We will however be working on something for the events next year as we think this would have been a lot of fun.

And for anyone who has taken the time to make costumes there will be a cosplay costume competition during Collectormania (there are more details in the cosplay section).

Jason

Thanks for your reply Jason. Although fortunate for others who were hoping for a party, this is good timing for me. And who needs an official party when these events spawn unofficial ones. All go to a pub, and stuff the customers in the pub who give you weird looks if you are glammed up.

Awww sorry to hear that there won't be a party Jason, I was looking forward to doing something a bit different :unsure:

Thanks for letting everyone know though, now I don't have to worry about thinking of something to dress up as! Just have to find something decent to wear for whatever mischief we'll end up getting up to instead B)

Showmasters are in a Catch 22 situation when it comes to things like this potential party that is no more. If they announce that they are in negotiations and they don't come off, someone will slate them for "false or misleading advertising". But, if they remain silent with the hope of a major announcement, they get slated. So, promise nothing and take the flack has been the course here.