Hello All From SFX Magazine

SFX

So every issue is a disappointment

Yeah I did think that's what you meant to be thought that surly no one would have the nerve to actually say that on a thread started by a representative by them. My version was pretty good, though eh? SFX Magazine becomes SEX Magazine, now there's a stall to have at LFCC.

I think Bastila was been positive, just their comment was just badly worded.

You know I just noticed that what I wrote made no sense at all and was poor, how did I write such a bad sentace, I shouldn't have lol.

I changed it now lol, I feel so silly hehe, it did look bad ok so yeah I like this mag hehe.

Yeh but it was funny at the time.

Good to see you at CE hope your son enjoyed himself.

Richard

Heres SFX/SM (The force is strong)

Hi Richard,

Yep we both enjoyed Star Wars Celebration thanks. Good to meet you. Be seeing in London

Cheers

Ade

SFX

I'm worried that the magazine may run out at LFACC so will it be sold in shops as well as a special one-off?

Hi,

Yep fear not. The SFX Heroes Special will also be on sale at all good newsagents.

Cheers

Ade

SFX

www.sfx.co.uk

In fact...it's on sale now! Just got my copy! (only bright spot in a miserable, wet day so far!)

Ohh yay! I won't be able to pick it up till at least Saturday (if it's out here then already...), tell us about it :hathor:

Well done SFX for keeping the cover text free (as with subscriber's copies) - makes it all the better for getting signed!

Glad you like it. If you get the cover signed, make sure you use a waterproof marker pen!

Anyone who's thinking of getting the covers signed should pop over to our stand and show us. You might get a prize, and could get your picture in SFX!!

Cheers

Ade

SFX

Glad you like it. If you get the cover signed, make sure you use a waterproof marker pen!

Anyone who's thinking of getting the covers signed should pop over to our stand and show us. You might get a prize, and could get your picture in SFX!!

Cheers

Ade

SFX

Just curious, but will the special also be available overseas? I am slightly worried I'd sell out at your booth, seeing I won't be able to go to LFCC until the Sunday, and wanted to pick up a copy here (in the Netherlands). But while the bookstore in a city closeby carries the normal SFX issues they didn't have the Heroes special last night when I last checked.

Edited by Zarina

Cheers

Ade

SFX

Just curious, but will the special also be available overseas? I am slightly worried I'd sell out at your booth, seeing I won't be able to go to LFCC until the Sunday, and wanted to pick up a copy here (in the Netherlands). But while the bookstore in a city closeby carries the normal SFX issues they didn't have the Heroes special last night when I last checked.

Fear Not. I'll put one back for you - Promise.

Ade

SFX

Fear Not. I'll put one back for you - Promise.

Ade

SFX

That sounds wonderful, thanks so much.

I got the special today, it's awesome! :lol:

Out of curiousity, to the people who got it, are you gonna get it signed? I'd like to, but I'm a bit torn as to how I'm gonna go about that... the obvious choice would be the cover, but Jack Coleman isn't on that so that'd be kind of awkward to ask him to sign :lol: So I was thinking maybe the spread in the middle of the portfolio? All of them are on that, so in the future I might be able to add more to it. Would it be weird to ask them to sign a page in the middle of the magazine? I've never been to a con before, I have no idea :lol:

Edited by LinP

I got the special today, it's awesome! :lol:

Out of curiousity, to the people who got it, are you gonna get it signed? I'd like to, but I'm a bit torn as to how I'm gonna go about that... the obvious choice would be the cover, but Jack Coleman isn't on that so that'd be kind of awkward to ask him to sign :lol: So I was thinking maybe the spread in the middle of the portfolio? All of them are on that, so in the future I might be able to add more to it. Would it be weird to ask them to sign a page in the middle of the magazine? I've never been to a con before, I have no idea :blink:

People have alsorts of things signed at cons, sometimes the weirder the better as it gives the fans and the guests something to talk about.

I have seen people in the past getting there magazines, and books signed. I have a video cover signed and some figures signed on the boxes.

If you know you can store it ok, without any of the autos rubbing off or getting smugged then why not?

If you do get it done, make sure you remeber to put something like plain paper (or I use grease proof paper) in between the pages and wait a few minutes / seconds for the autos to dry before you close the magazine completly.....

:lol:

LLAP :lol:

Edited by zebredy

Heroes is a tricky one because, well, there just isn't a photo with a picture of all the main cast members on it (eg the centre spread in SFX is great, but doesn't feature James Kyson Lee, who will of course be in Collectormania) - he's on the front cover of the portfolio, but that doesn't have Jack or Zachary (if you're thinking ahead to Eclipse) etc etc.

I'm totally undecided myself, and am really waiting to see what 10x8s they have, but I certainly wouldn't the fact that Jack's not on the cover put you off getting it signed - it is, afterall, a magazine which has everyone inside it! And I certainly don't think anyone would think you were strange for having it signed inside, especially when it's such a great picture and perfect for signing.

(While I'm here, just the teeniest, tinyest moan about the magazine - who decided to refer to Peter as "Pete" in the episode summaries? :lol: I can't remember off hand whether he was ever referred to as that - anyway, no disprect to anyone who calls themselves Pete, as there's nothing wrong with the name itself, it's just that, well, Peter's Peter! Doesn't strike me as a Pete and it grated everytime I read it!)