New Event Announcement - Eclipse

Taken from http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/eclipse/

Eclipse is set to be a fantastic 3-day UK event to celebrate the hit television series: 'Heroes', from Friday 14th - Sunday 16th March 2008. This unofficial convention aims to bring together fans of the series from across the country to meet some the show's stars and enjoy various events over the weekend. There will be activities each day from guest talks and photograph sessions to quizzes and late night parties. For more information on these, check out our events section. This event will take place in The Park Inn Hotel, Northampton for more information on this venue and room rates see our venue page.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's nearly impossible to go to Milton smth by train!

wanted to come to Collectormania as well but it's ways to difficult!

I'm from Germany how should someone like me do it?!?!?!?

it's really disapointing for me....

If I were you, fly to somewhere in London and then take a shuttle into London centre. Then from Euston train station there are trains every few minutes (at least 3 or 4 an hour anyway) to Milton Keynes, because it's actually very easy to get to.

Most of those trains go through MK and end in Northampton Central.

Alternatively, fly to Birmingham International (which you can do from Dusseldorf, I know), train to Birmingham New Street and get a train to Northampton (or MK) from there.

I don't get why it's harder than anywhere else?

• Moderators

It's really not! It's well explained on the website, and people do have months to plan their travel anyway ..

I think it's more accessible than the Autographica place for example.

It's really not! It's well explained on the website, and people do have months to plan their travel anyway ..

I think it's more accessible than the Autographica place for example.

Well, for me I grew up in Buckingham (and my parents live there) so spent a vast amount of time in MK whilst I was young. (Stumbled upon...CM2 I think by accident. Though you can't really miss it).

But yeah, it was built to be a commuter town. Would be a fairly crappy one if it was difficult to get to.

For the record, I think that both MK and Northampton are fantastic towns to host events. (Don't suppose you'd ever consider Oxford??? ;p)

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

Northampton is really easy to get to by train from London. You need to get a ilverlink train from London Euston and it will take about 1hor 15 mins to get to Northampton. The train station in Northampton is about a 5 minute walk from the Park Inn! :YAHOO:

Mark :P

It's a shame you can't buy just a day ticket for those who want to go and get the autos. Is the stuff like talks ect which has been announced all that there's going to be as i don't see how that is going to fill up 3 days?

Autographs are a very small part of the "three day event" type of con. It's totally different from a Collectormania type of event which is really all about the autographs.

The photoshoots and autograph sessions will happen in the daytime, and there will also be talks that I would expect to run for an hour/hour and a half per talk with various combinations of guests etc. Obviously Massive Events are new and will run things their own way, but I've been to a lot of full weekend cons in the last few years and I can only think of two where I've had ANY spare time at all, from 9am right through til 4.30/5pm on both Saturday and Sunday. And one of those was really only because my friends and I skipped some stuff to sit in our hotel room and have a DS tournament and chat...

Friday will be a short day, I'd imagine. Things usually start in the evening on Friday so people aren't *required* to take time off work necessarily to get there!

• Showmasters Admin

I have to come from York - trains are via Birmingham which is backwards and expensive, or the coach is just as expensive as the train... so I think my aim is to have passed my driving test and have a car by March!!!

That's what I call lateral thinking! :YAHOO:

Do you think there will be a lots of thing friday morning ?

Because I'm coming from Paris and I dont know whether i will come Friday in the afternon or whether i have to be there on Thursday evening... The difference is one night hotel (so a lots of money :uhoh: )

What do you think about my dilemn ? :YAHOO:

Edited by sebastianillyria

I have to come from York - trains are via Birmingham which is backwards and expensive, or the coach is just as expensive as the train... so I think my aim is to have passed my driving test and have a car by March!!!

That's what I call lateral thinking! :YAHOO:

Well my test is next Monday but I'm a bit crap so I think I'll postpone... but I'd better get it passed soon or I'll have spent all the money I'd spend on a car, on the lessons!

Do you think there will be a lots of thing friday morning ?

Because I'm coming from Paris and I dont know whether i will come Friday in the afternon or whether i have to be there on Thursday evening... The difference is one night hotel (so a lots of money :uhoh: )

What do you think about my dilemn ? :YAHOO:

I would imagine that nothing will start until the afternoon - or more likely evening - of Friday so you should be fine.