Thursday Night Metting in London

lee_c00per

You lot do what you want but I'm going to be metting myself senseless on the Thursday night!

Very good! Are you going to check out a "gentlemans club" then or just metting in your room with some PPV!!

If they announce Hamil or Ford (unlikely)I'll be outside excel on Thursday night!!

Enjoy your metting :chair:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot do what you want but I'm going to be metting myself senseless on the Thursday night!

Very good! Are you going to check out a "gentlemans club" then or just metting in your room with some PPV!!

If they announce Hamil or Ford (unlikely)I'll be outside excel on Thursday night!!

Enjoy your metting :chair:

No theres a number of establishments in London where people of a like mind can meet for some real metting. Its not to everyones tastes but you have to try these things!

Though I might forgo the metting if they do announce Ford and/or Hamill

Well to a certain extent that was to be expected. I guess they will have limited edition prints to celebrate the 30 years.

On another note I seem to remember hearing about a showing of episode 4 outdoors (weather permiting) I can't remember date/time/location or anything (its my age catching up lol) can anyone advise?

Ta

ANH will be screened outisde the ExCel complex on Friday night. No confirmed time yet, but don't worry max, everyone seems to have a disease where all non-autograph related events for CE are either forgotten instantly or not acknowledged at all.

And it was expected that photos would be an additional cost to the vouchers, and most guessed it would be £5. This is how things are done at the US celebrations, and I imagine there will be a big booth where you purchase both your vouchers and pictures together. So you'll queue firstly to buy your vouchers and photos, and then you'll queue for each guest to get your autograph. It's a system that works well but the order form you use may take a few minutes to get to grips with, especially if you're buying lots of photos and vouchers as you'll need to calculate the totals yourself.

Information from other places - official pics aren't providing photos, as SM couldn't reach an agreement with Cards Inc. So the photos may be licensed ones to cards Inc.

On the plus side, have a look at some SW actors own websites at their appearance schedule. Latest seems to be Nick Gillard (stunt director) and Anthony Daniels oh yeah and Qui Gon's stunt double!!

Pleased that Tony Daniels is attending - even if I did meet him again a few weeks ago at CE, he is definitely nearer the calibre of guest this event needs. I hope he is scheduled for a talk too.

Nick Gillard is great too - is he listed for signing, or just a talk?

Obi

I'm done a report on CIV and there is a link to my photos too, which I am STILL uploading (taking ages!) Top link in my signature.

On another note due to circumstances I may not be able to go - unless something major is announced in the next 7 days - if anyone would like to make an offer for my ticket please drop me a mail.

Cheers

Apologies if I am not supposed to do this !!! but will be going to LFACC if that's any consolation SM

lol,nooo...that wasn't sarcasm.

i don't do sarcasm,just straight-up p*sstaking.

i'm genuinely happy that anthony daniels has been announced,as i haven't met him before...or got his autograph.

in fact i'm drawing a little picture of threepio just for him.

i'm sorry that you've met him already...i guess the organisers should have checked with you before they approached him.

you see?

that wasn't sarcasm either,just straight-up p*sstaking.

On another note due to circumstances I may not be able to go - unless something major is announced in the next 7 days - if anyone would like to make an offer for my ticket please drop me a mail.

Cheers

Apologies if I am not supposed to do this !!! but will be going to LFACC if that's any consolation SM

I would be interested 'greedo_uk' but I seem unable to send email......

I still have mine for sale too. I only want the priced advertised on thw website and not the extra £5-£6 they add for delivery.

The only issue is that i personally have no idea when we are meant to recieve them

I'm sure somewhere it says about 14 days before the event but if you haven't received them 5 days before then to call.

Although I've met most of the guests before (and was hoping for new ones) Anthony Daniels doesn't do that many shows unlike some of the others and he was a GOH at CIV so maybe they're trying to sort guests out (hopefully). Looked on Maki's site - there are so many more SW guests he could bring if they were available and also I'm sure official pix could bring some too (if they reach a deal with cards Inc).

Still 2 weeks to go!!

I know this has been said before, but I have just seen some confimation about it.

It was said before that Lucasfilm had advised the artists who are bringing their work to CE just to swap the $ sign for a £. The was a bit off an outcry and people saying no that wasnt going to happen etc.

Now some of the artists have stepped forward and have actually said they will be doing this afterall. The reason is pretty much usuall, the cost! Due to a strong pound at the moment, everything is basically double what it would cost us. A return flight for example for us would be £800, it would cost an American about £1600. Some artists have said that without doing sketches for people, their stock of prints they are bringing might not even make them break even.

So now you know! A $50 print at CIV will cost you £50 and so on.

I'm sure somewhere it says about 14 days before the event but if you haven't received them 5 days before then to call.

Although I've met most of the guests before (and was hoping for new ones) Anthony Daniels doesn't do that many shows unlike some of the others and he was a GOH at CIV so maybe they're trying to sort guests out (hopefully). Looked on Maki's site - there are so many more SW guests he could bring if they were available and also I'm sure official pix could bring some too (if they reach a deal with cards Inc).

Still 2 weeks to go!!

And there is a nationwide postal strike on at the moment.

Still 2 weeks to go!!

And there is a nationwide postal strike on at the moment.

Thats only for 24 hours though.

Cheers

I would be interested 'greedo_uk' but I seem unable to send email......

Me neither - feel free to email me on kwilliams31@hotmail.com - it's one I don't use very much.

i'm sorry that you've met him already...i guess the organisers should have checked with you before they approached him.

They could have checked the guest lists for recent events to see which actors have been seen at UK events. After all, they claimed that it was going to be the most amazing guest list the UK had ever seen. At this stage I remain unimpressed. I was really looking forward to the first official event outside the US but at the moment there doesn't seem to be anything big enough to persuade me to attend. I hope you enjoy their event but "there's nothing here for me now".

Right now I'd be ecstatic to see a list of "regular" names announced - where are the likes of Peter Mayhew, Ken Colley, Julian Glover, Rusty Goffe (who I REALLY need to meet!!), Paul Blake, etc, etc?? Surely these guys would be up for the "biggest of Star Wars events" in the UK seeing as they quite readily attend events up and down the country at least bi-annually.

Whoever is behind the organisation of guests wants a good dressing down as they are failing to deliver what they promised when this event was initially advertised.