Guests for LFCC

quigon

• Moderators

Yup, they've said they'll keep everyone up-to-date with information, and unfortunately things are never as simple as phoning someone up and re-arranging instantly.

We all just have to wait until they've finalised, and then they'll be posted. They always try to work around things as much as possible, even if it means getting a guest just for 1 day or something.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all,

Most guests have come back to us and will definitely still be attending LFCC. We are still waiting for a couple to totally confirm there appearance but this is mainly down to keeping in touch with them during their busy work schedules, but I can say the major guests such as Patrick Stewart are still able to attend on the new date.

We hope that helps

Jason

Hi all,

Most guests have come back to us and will definitely still be attending LFCC. We are still waiting for a couple to totally confirm there appearance but this is mainly down to keeping in touch with them during their busy work schedules, but I can say the major guests such as Patrick Stewart are still able to attend on the new date.

We hope that helps

Jason

thank you very much

but we know that Patrick Stewart will be free in this period, but our problem is if BRENT SPINER will come or not!

thank you very much

but we know that Patrick Stewart will be free in this period, but our problem is if BRENT SPINER will come or not!

Our problem? :WINCE:

There's quite a few people around for whom Patrick is just as important as Brent is for you.

It looks like Patrick definately wouldn't be able to do the Saturday (1st) though as he's still doing 'Macbeth' at Chichester??

http://www.cft.org.uk/cft-productions_details.asp?pid=71

Hi all,

We hope that helps

Jason

thank you very much

thank you very much

Our problem? ;)

There's quite a few people around for whom Patrick is just as important as Brent is for you.

To my mind both actors are important for the people. There are a lot of fans who likes Brent so much ( I for myself am a huge fan of him) and there are a lot of fans who likes Patrick Stewart so much.

I can say I am unhappy about the situation with Brent, but I am happy about the fact, that Patrick Stewart will come. I also like him and think he has had great moments in TNG! :dance:

thank you very much

Our problem? :dance:

it depends on the point of view.

if you look on startrek.com , you can consider how many topics of the fans are dedicated to Brent and indeed a few to Patrick.

I don't lie, I just consider the huge mass of fans of Brent!!!!

it depends on the point of view.

if you look on startrek.com , you can consider how many topics of the fans are dedicated to Brent and indeed a few to Patrick.

I don't lie, I just consider the huge mass of fans of Brent!!!!

I never said you were not telling the truth.

But as David has said, Patrick is without a doubt the more rare signer.

And I am sorry to say that, but you sometimes act as if Brent is the only guest that matters. He may be the only guest that matters to you (and possibly others), but please don't make general statements for everyone. :dance:

Indeed. I have very little interest in Brent, but I'm excited to have Patrick attend. I'm sure the more 'light' sci-fi fans will be more interested in Patrick than Brent. Not everyone going is a total Trekkie.

Not everyone going is a total Trekkie.
That's "Trekker", I don't think ST fans like to be called "Trekkies" as its a stereotype phrase coined by the media and people who are anti-fandom....

I'm not a fan but have met Spiner before cos I do like Independance Day, I remember I was about the only person who brought him an ID4 item at LFCC1.

chiara72: I'm sure SM would have Spiner back, they've already had him at least twice. Where were you the last couple of times he came???

chiara72 - re your signature, Kryten is a far better than Data! :P

sorry but I don't understand.

Who is Kryten?

That's "Trekker", I don't think ST fans like to be called "Trekkies" as its a stereotype phrase coined by the media and people who are anti-fandom....

I'm not a fan but have met Spiner before cos I do like Independance Day, I remember I was about the only person who brought him an ID4 item at LFCC1.

chiara72: I'm sure SM would have Spiner back, they've already had him at least twice. Where were you the last couple of times he came???

:YAHOO::WINCE::WINCE:

no comment

I understand Chiara72's impatience and I hope Brent can make it. However, I think it is unfair to discuss about guests' popularity; all guests are equally important because of the good memories each one of us have...

It looks like Patrick Stewart will probably attend.

Good. I need both guys to complete my ST-TNG collection.

For Chiara72 who writes from Italy and cannot know Kryten.

He is a Data-like character from the British SciFi-Comedy series Red Dwarf, never broadcast in Italy.

:YAHOO::WINCE::WINCE:

no comment

Hey Chiara my dear! Take it easy this unhappy situation with Brent, if he come or he doesn't comes. Indeed my heart is also broken like yours about the view, that Brent doesn't come to LFACC. But I attempt to understand both sides and to make my own opinion of the facts, which I have. If Brent decide not to come, then I have to accept his decision and to understand and if he decide to come, then I have to feel joy in my heart. And certain, I believe it is very inconvenient for SM to tell the fans, that Brent doesn't comes to the con. I assume they know good enough, what it means for them and for the fans, who were happy about the opportunity to meet Brent.

But after due consideration is it my opinion, to wait what will happen in that case and to keep the patience. After all I believe, we could take Brent under a preasure, if we could demand, that he have to come and not to decide, gotta a another event which is better for him. And I think it should be not our intention to do those actions with him. Who we are, if we do this? Is that necessary, that we betray our favorite actor with those behavior? Do you think the same like me? It's up to him, what he'll do and when he'll do and not our decision.

I for myself try to understand the current situation and have decided to wait, what will happen. I'll look ahead for joy and to the opportunity to meet Patrick Stewart. That's also a great thing. Hey Chiara I mean the words to you not angry, believe me. I only think with a real perception in that case. And if you wanna have joy, then visit the Brent Spiner appreciation thread on startrek.com! You know my name there and I've posted some new pics of Brent there. Hope that will help you to heal your heart and to cope the situation with Brent. Stay cool my dear! :P

Edited by princessofthedarkness

I understand Chiara72's impatience and I hope Brent can make it. However, I think it is unfair to discuss about guests' popularity; all guests are equally important because of the good memories each one of us have...

It looks like Patrick Stewart will probably attend.

Good. I need both guys to complete my ST-TNG collection.

For Chiara72 who writes from Italy and cannot know Kryten.

He is a Data-like character from the British SciFi-Comedy series Red Dwarf, never broadcast in Italy.

thank you very much

in my star trek autograph collection there are: Riker, T'Pol, Trip, Kirk, Spock, the doctor, Janeway, Barclay and obviously Data! :YAHOO:

Edited by chiara72

Spock? Where did you get it from?! I am envious! :YAHOO:

Data?! You have already met him, then.

I have met Spock in Las Vegas last year. He made also a show in which he showed us his activity as photograph.

I have met Data in Milton Keynes in 2004.

Wow! Las Vegas is quite far away!

I truly hope Spock might come to MK or London. Please SM, make the miracle!

I missed Data (and Walter Koenig) in 2004 as my son was not well that day and I could not go (I still remember it...). :YAHOO:

Giuseppe.