NEW GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - PATRICK STEWART

mr_oo7

Just to let you know, I have a signed contract from Patrick in hand.

Bob C.

Please excuse my ignorance but many of us don't know who you are? Do you work for SM? Just like to know. :D :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why for LFACC why not C11 NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!

He obviously is too busy for C11 or the venue is too small. He's a big star and some big stars think shopping centres in the middle of nowhere are beneath them. Why cant you get to LFCC? It's not fair on him if you cant make it there :D Edited by nicky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob C.

Please excuse my ignorance but many of us don't know who you are? Do you work for SM? Just like to know. :D:blush:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why for LFACC why not C11 NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!

He obviously is too busy for C11 or the venue is too small. He's a big star and some big stars think shopping centres in the middle of nowhere are beneath them. Why cant you get to LFCC? It's not fair on him if you cant make it there :D

yeah seriously, he'd come and see you if you were signing, err........... :D

different whistle, same old tune

? Thats a bit wierd, what you on about?

it means exactly what it means. think about it, it's not rocket science.

maybe you should apply your words to your own posts. Boring and unoriginal.

What you should do is just not bother coming on here as you obviously dont have much interest in these events, more just some childish stupid phrases which Im sure you think are clever but to the rest of us just make you look even more stupid than maybe you actually are.

Its a nice day today, there must be a motorway near you, go play on it.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why for LFACC why not C11. NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!
He obviously is too busy for C11. Why cant you get to LFCC? It's not fair on him if you cant make it there :blush:

yeah seriously, he'd come and see you if you were signing, err........... :D

I meant that as in maybe it was unfair on him, not her, cos he wanted to meet as many fans as possible but AmberB decides to not attend LFCC which pi$$es Mr Stewart off. Edited by nicky

One of the greatest and bigegst guests ever

He will be a very busy man

Prof X pic to be signed for me

:D

if there was some sort of contract in place to guarantee his attendance (in other words a binding work contract) id buy a Gold Pass now. I dont want to buy one on the strength of 1 guest as I did previously so I will wait to see who else is there. A great guest announcement though, be sure to create a buzz.

if there was some sort of contract in place to guarantee his attendance

Bob C.

Please excuse my ignorance but many of us don't know who you are? Do you work for SM? Just like to know. :D:wub:

Who is this bobalouinc guy???

Cooly, I can get him to sign a copy of Oblivion :wub: No doubt he's going to be very busy though :headscratch:

I'm hoping for him to sign my Collectors Edition of Oblivion, Perhaps they can get Sean Bean to attend as well!

Please excuse my ignorance but many of us don't know who you are? Do you work for SM? Just like to know. :D:wub:

Bob is one of the people booking guests for Showmasters.

If he makes a statement like this, it is as good as if someone from Showmasters had posted it.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Please excuse my ignorance but many of us don't know who you are? Do you work for SM? Just like to know. :o :o

Bob is one of the people booking guests for Showmasters.

If he makes a statement like this, it is as good as if someone from Showmasters had posted it.

Ok you have a signed contact guaranteeing what? That he will attend if no acting work gets in the way between now and the event or is it different somehow this time? Im not saying he wont come just interested what power the contract actually has if any?

• Moderators

Ok you have a signed contact guaranteeing what? That he will attend if no acting work gets in the way between now and the event or is it different somehow this time? Im not saying he wont come just interested what power the contract actually has if any?

You won't get any real contract details, but it's standard that all guests appear subject to work committments, and I can't imagine it being any different this time - though if anyone wants to correct me, please do.

I think Bob just posted to enforce that Patrick is actually signed up to attend, and it's not some crazy conspiracy where Showmasters have invented a guest announcement to pull in the punters ... believe me, some people actually think it happens :yoda:

You won't get any real contract details, but it's standard that all guests appear subject to work committments, and I can't imagine it being any different this time - though if anyone wants to correct me, please do.

I think Bob just posted to enforce that Patrick is actually signed up to attend, and it's not some crazy conspiracy where Showmasters have invented a guest announcement to pull in the punters ... believe me, some people actually think it happens :yoda:

just seems to me that the bigger the actor, the more likely they will get acting work therefore the less likely in months time they will attend an event they dont really have to. Just a thought. Great guest if it comes off though.

the bigger the actor, the more likely they will get acting work therefore the less likely in months time they will attend an event they dont really have to.
My sentiments exactly...except for Christopher Lee who tripped over??!! (Yes, I know he's old though it seems if it's not one thing then it's the other. Edited by nicky

You won't get any real contract details, but it's standard that all guests appear subject to work committments
Then there's not really much point in a contract is there? We're left at the mercy of "work commitments"...and how do SM know for sure that they do have such commitments whenever they do cancel?

• Showmasters Admin
You won't get any real contract details, but it's standard that all guests appear subject to work committments
Then there's not really much point in a contract is there? We're left at the mercy of "work commitments"...and how do SM know for sure that they do have such commitments whenever they do cancel?

What's the point in the current breakable contacts?

The contract at least stops the guest going to another event.

Whay don't SM have more unbreakable contracts?

I believe if guests were told they had to sign an unbreakable contract we'd not get 80% of the big names we get now. And if they do sign and SM have to sue, see below.

Should SM sue over guests cancelling?

It's SMs business if they follow up after guests cancel, I don't know if they do or don't

As I see it, it's really a 2 edged sword.

1: They could sue anyone that breaches their contract....

PROS: At best it MAY make other guests think twice before cancelling.

PROS: SM MAY get some money this time.

PROS: It MAY make the guest attend the event but it's unlikely as it's likely the law suit won't happen until after the show.

CONS: If the guest does get forced to come they're not going to be too nice.

CONS: It would definitely mean that guest would never come back.

CONS: The sued guests will tell all their friends to stay away from SM events.

CONS: Other guests hearing of the law suit would think twice about signing with SM.

2: By not suing....

PROS: SM will be seen to be flexible.

PROS: The guests that cancelled are going to be more likely to come back to a later show.

PROS: The cancelling guest will tell other guests they should attend SM events.

CONS: SM MAY loss some money on this guest.

I think not suing is the way to go.

To end...

We all know the whole signing event industry is prone to cancellations (especially with the big names), it's part of the game and always will be.

Edited by Too Tall

What's the point in the current breakable contacts?

The contract at least stops the guest going to another event.

Whay don't SM have more unbreakable contracts?

I believe if guests were told they had to sign an unbreakable contract we'd not get 80% of the big names we get now. And if they do sign and SM have to sue, see below.

Should SM sue over guests cancelling?

It's SMs business if they follow up after guests cancel, I don't know if they do or don't

As I see it, it's really a 2 edged sword.

1: They could sue anyone that breaches their contract....

PROS: At best it MAY make other guests think twice before cancelling.

PROS: SM MAY get some money this time.

PROS: It MAY make the guest attend the event but it's unlikely as it's likely the law suit won't happen until after the show.

CONS: If the guest does get forced to come they're not going to be too nice.

CONS: It would definitely mean that guest would never come back.

CONS: The sued guests will tell all their friends to stay away from SM events.

CONS: Other guests hearing of the law suit would think twice about signing with SM.

2: By not suing....

PROS: SM will be seen to be flexible.

PROS: The guests that cancelled are going to be more likely to come back to a later show.

PROS: The cancelling guest will tell other guests they should attend SM events.

CONS: SM MAY loss some money on this guest.

I think not suing is the way to go.

To end...

We all know the whole signing event industry is prone to cancellations (especially with the big names), it's part of the game and always will be.

I would also add that people buy advanced tickets, sometimes spending 100's of pounds based on certain guests appearing. These tickets are non refundable. I just think SM should make clearer to people that guests may cancel at any time and that the contract signed is not a real binding agreement, or change it so if people have spent £175 on the basis Richard Dreyfussy is attending an event can get a refund if he doesnt. Its difficult cause obviously there are reasons not to issue refunds as people may just book tickets willy nilly but something should be done, maybe a partial refund. (especially for Gold Passes)

3 Big guests means gold pass is great value but if purchased and 2 big guests cancel the gold pass is not as good value. It would be nice if SM recognised this.

the bigger the actor, the more likely they will get acting work therefore the less likely they will attend an event
Yeah, cases in point:

Val Kilmer x2: Commitments to promoting Spartan and crazed stalker.

Richard Dreyfuss: Can't remember, filming? Someone fill me in.

Christopher Lee: Tripped over?!

Brandon Routh: Promoting release of Superman DVDs (should have seen that coming a mile off)

Patrick Stewart: Cut himself shaving his scalp? Delayed side-effects (can't walk) from sitting in a wheel-chair for 3 films?

Oh, I know... washing his hair!!!!

I would also add that people buy advanced tickets, sometimes spending 100's of pounds based on certain guests appearing. These tickets are non refundable. I just think SM should make clearer to people that guests may cancel at any time and that the contract signed is not a real binding agreement, or change it so if people have spent £175 on the basis Richard Dreyfussy is attending an event can get a refund if he doesnt. Its difficult cause obviously there are reasons not to issue refunds as people may just book tickets willy nilly but something should be done, maybe a partial refund. (especially for Gold Passes)

3 Big guests means gold pass is great value but if purchased and 2 big guests cancel the gold pass is not as good value. It would be nice if SM recognised this.

They in fact do recognize this, right on the main page of every event:

Guests appear subject to work commitments.

I am not sure how they could put it any clearer.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

They in fact do recognize this, right on the main page of every event:

Guests appear subject to work commitments.

I am not sure how they could put it any clearer.

You have completely missed the point actually. I know it says that on the web page. What I was stating was that the value of the Gold Pass is great when there is a number of big names but if the main crowd pullers pull out then maybe a part refund could be given to those who have forked out £175.00 and no longer feel that the guests still attending would normally pursuade them to purchase a ticket at this price bracket.

Think you may have missed what I said.