Collectormania Liverpool 2008?

AJJ28UK

Seeing as 2008 is Liverpool's Capital of Culture year just wondering if there might a Collectormania in Liverpool. The new Kings Dock arena could make an excellent venue.

So if anyone from Showmasters reads this, what do say.

Edited by AJJ28UK

I think SM are comfortable enuff with the GMEX in Manc, they couldnt afford to have another con esp one so close by. They could swap venues sure but pi$$ off a lot of Manc con attendees too.

Edited by nicky

I think SM are comfortable enuff with the GMEX in Manc, they couldnt afford to have another con esp one so close by. They could swap venues sure but pi$$ off a lot of Manc con attendees too.

True a few people might be a little upset, but not if it was one off to celebrate Liverpool's Capital of Culture year or maybe have one in each city, Manchester hosts the Spring show Liverpool the Winter show or vise versa.

True a few people might be a little upset, but not if it was one off to celebrate Liverpool's Capital of Culture year or maybe have one in each city, Manchester hosts the Spring show Liverpool the Winter show or vise versa.

With the recent problems concerning the March Gmex show being cancelled that's not such a bad idea.

Yes, it would sure teach the G-mex people a lesson...though I can't really see them quivering in their boots thinking, "Oh God, pleeeease dont abandon us, what ever will we do without you???" That's what I think when customers threaten to leave my service at work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A Collectormania in Liverpool would be an excellent idea! The 2008 celebrations and the publicity generated would be good for the company and might help persuade some bigger stars to get involved. I am sure the likes of James Marsters and Christian Kane would be up for it as they have both performed in the city before and there is bound to be some sort of music festival on as well, with a bit of careful planning it could be excellent for all involved!

I don't know if this kind of event has been held in the city before and a trial run might be a good idea, even if it was at a different venue to the planned arena.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Personally I can't see it happening.

SM have no reason to move from Manchester and Liverpool would just be to close to have two shows, one in each.

SM have spent "a lot" and I mean a lot of money getting the Manchester show off the ground, and so unless something serious happened like the G-Mex centre disappeared or they tripled their fees I can't see SM moving and losing that investment in the site. Sorry to those that want a Liverpool event but that's the way I see it.

• 2 months later...

SM have no reason to move from Manchester and Liverpool would just be to close to have two shows, one in each.

SM have spent "a lot" and I mean a lot of money getting the Manchester show off the ground, and so unless something serious happened like the G-Mex centre disappeared or they tripled their fees I can't see SM moving and losing that investment in the site. Sorry to those that want a Liverpool event but that's the way I see it.

It doesn't have to be a permenant move. Just have a one off show in Liverpool for '08 and then stick to the GMEX after that.

It doesn't have to be a permenant move. Just have a one off show in Liverpool for '08 and then stick to the GMEX after that.

It would mean starting afresh with a new venue with all that that entails with sorting out what you want, how to get there, where to stay, and all the little idiosyncracies that you have to iron out with a new event. Plus they lose some of the impetus and "branding" that they have been building up with the Manchester event. Seems like a lot of extra effort for no additional return if not for a loss in certain aspects.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Seeing as 2008 is Liverpool's Capital of Culture year just wondering if there might a Collectormania in Liverpool.

I can see the T-shirts now:

"Collectormania - in the arthole of Europe"

That took me awhile to realise what that actually said then!! lol

I think I still have Eclipse exhaustion, my brain isn't working properly!!

Edited by ShortyAZK