elijah woddddd!and vigoo!

heya lostiegirl :P i know you wan't elijah wood (i know i do:D) and viggo but if you keep making certain topics just to suggest them, then people will start to get enoyed (well they might). just telling you because i don't wan't you to have people having a go at you and i don't wan't you enoying other people:) just looking out for a friend (which is you) :D so basically what im trying to say is i think you should stop posting topics saying about elijah wood:D not becaus i don't wan't him to come! id do anything to get him at an event!!:D:D:D<3 but because other people on the forum get enoyed as there is a guest suggestion toppic already:) sarah xx

heya lostiegirl :P i know you wan't elijah wood (i know i do:D) and viggo but if you keep making certain topics just to suggest them, then people will start to get enoyed (well they might). just telling you because i don't wan't you to have people having a go at you and i don't wan't you enoying other people:) just looking out for a friend (which is you) :D so basically what im trying to say is i think you should stop posting topics saying about elijah wood:D not becaus i don't wan't him to come! id do anything to get him at an event!!:D:D:D<3 but because other people on the forum get enoyed as there is a guest suggestion toppic already:) sarah xx

wan't = want - it doesnt have an apostrophe, it's not an abbreviation of anything

enoyed = annoyed

and yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone groaned when they saw this thread

i want thiss guest elijah wood and vigoo mortensen!!!!!!!!the bestttt :D

Want doesn't me your going to get.

and it's Elijah Wood and Viggo

I'm pretty sure if you like them so much you should know how to spell their names.

Yeah yeah it's getting on people's nerves now. So stop!

wan't = want - it doesnt have an apostrophe, it's not an abbreviation of anything

enoyed = annoyed

and yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone groaned when they saw this thread

lol sorry about my spelling, yeah i know about want and wan't and enoyed and annoyed....guess i was trying to tell lostiegirl85 to stop the same topic in different sections so much that i didn't think about spelling much :P my bad hehe :P

• 5 weeks later...

The organisers will be very much aware that Elijah is at the top of most people's lists so I dont think it's necessary to tell them over and over again.

Also, booking Elijah is no guarantee of getting him, he's just had to cancel the big US convention happening in just a few weeks because of work commitments and has had to cancel another show Germany twice now I think for the same reason. We were very lucky to have gotten him for LFCC last year I think.

As for Viggo, we've got absolutely no chance of getting him for a convention, he's never done one and I dont think he ever will. He doesnt really like that kind of attention and has moved on to other projects. I've not heard him even talk about LOTR for years.

The organisers will be very much aware that Elijah is at the top of most people's lists so I dont think it's necessary to tell them over and over again.

Also, booking Elijah is no guarantee of getting him, he's just had to cancel the big US convention happening in just a few weeks because of work commitments and has had to cancel another show Germany twice now I think for the same reason. We were very lucky to have gotten him for LFCC last year I think.

As for Viggo, we've got absolutely no chance of getting him for a convention, he's never done one and I dont think he ever will. He doesnt really like that kind of attention and has moved on to other projects. I've not heard him even talk about LOTR for years.

enough with the negative comments, they don't help

enough with the negative comments, they don't help

not even with managing potentially unrealistic expectations?

• Moderators

I think it's just a case of people getting fed up of reading constant Elijah requests when he's already been a couple of times, and proven to be VERY popular, and so it's not exactly like Showmasters need to read him as a suggestion ya know?

There's already plenty of existing topics, yet new ones always crop up. He can't come to every show, nor would Showmasters even get him if they could.

Sometimes it's better to try and suggest more unusual guests that the organisers may not have thought of :YAHOO:

• 2 months later...

i want thiss guest elijah wood and vigoo mortensen!!!!!!!!the bestttt :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure if you like them so much you should know how to spell their names.

Lol, I must admit although I know what the OP meant, when I saw 'vigoo' I thought to myself that it sounded like a new curry.

i want thiss guest elijah wood and vigoo mortensen!!!!!!!!the bestttt :D

*high-fives you*

I think I love you, hobbitlover!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::blink:

i want thiss guest elijah wood and vigoo mortensen!!!!!!!!the bestttt :YAHOO:

*high-fives you*

I think I love you, hobbitlover!!! :chair::P:dance::dance:

Me too! YAHOO: :YAHOO::dance::dance:

I'm resisting the urge to go back the original post and correct the grammar, punctuation and spelling! :cylon:

Rosie xx

i want thiss guest elijah wood and vigoo mortensen!!!!!!!!the bestttt :unsure:

*high-fives you*

I think I love you, hobbitlover!!! :P:o:dance::dance:

Me too! YAHOO: :YAHOO::dance::dance:

I'm resisting the urge to go back the original post and correct the grammar, punctuation and spelling!;)

Rosie xx

I'm sure everyone has had the case of the typo, and Lotsiegirl isn't English, so please don't everyone get on her case about grammar, punctuation and spelling.;)

I'm not being funny guys but this is a message board?!

Lostiegirl85 can leave any message she likes it's not up to any of us to decide what she can and cannot say! If you don't like/agree with what she's saying then that's up to you but there's no need to leave replies criticising her.

She's a fan, just like the rest of us!

As for 'I Love Elijah Wood Wood 4eva' -

If your going to criticize someone don't assume that "other people" agree with you, it is extremely presumptuous and to be honest I don't (and I'm not going to say "other people" don't - mainly because I understand that everyone has their own opinion and that it is not necessarily the same as mine!)

Secondly, please don't labour under the false pretense that you are trying to help lostiegirl85 "as a friend" it's the most transparent motive I've heard this year and just because her English is not good does not mean she doesn't know what patronising is!

On a personal note - I'm doing my masters in English and American Language and I couldn't care less if someone spells something wrong - why? Because I'm not responding to words - I'm responding to a person - slightly more important??

Have fun everyone! :thumbup:

It is very annoying when there are multiple threads all on the same subject though Gondor, people should post in existing ones instead of creating new ones. We have had people in the past do this incessantly and it does just annoy people. Having multiple threads on the same subject doesn't make it more important.

Hello Raylength,

I totally agree that it probably annoys a lot of people because it can come across that the person sees it as more important than the existing thread. However, I don't believe that's what lostiegirl85 was intending - I think she just loves elijah and 'vigoo' and really wants eveyone to know!!

What annoys me is that certain people have criticised her for wanting to get her voice heard (& on her own thread!) - she's a fellow fan and therefore should not be shot down. Personally, I thought that the more threads there were the better - it shows that LOTR & another show is generating a lot of interest & excitement as well as giving people a multitude of options on which thread to post responses - showing that there's something for everyone! It wouldn't be very fun/diverse if you could only respond on certain threads!

However, perhaps what annoyed me the most was the unnecessary personal criticism on grammar and spelling - Shakespeare made over 20 spelling and grammar mistakes when writing 'Hamlet', and often spelt his own character's names wrong - so are people going to take a pop at him now?

People have annoyed be on this message board before but I would not go onto their thread and start insulting them - it's just insolent.

Totally with you on that GondorGirl,

its not up to any of us to tell others what they can and cannot want and say! or be so high and mighty to feel that we need to correct their spelling and grammer.

Just let everyone have their fun and say what they wish, its not hurting anyone, and if you don't like it than just ignore it!

were all excited about another show lets not spoil the fun by being negative and down.

GondorGirl, I do see your point, but the person in question had posted that same message in every forum, in practically every thread, whether it was relevant or not. It got to the point where we were all tired of reading it over and over. It was cute to start with but there has to be a point where it stops. I LOVE ELIJAH WOOD 4EVA was just trying to ask her to stop in a nice way. The moderators of this forum have tried in all kinds of ways to ask the girl to stop and none of them worked before.

oh and since you're obviously new to this forum, how about not being so presumptuous as to tell the people who've been here for years how to conduct themselves on this forum please? You say it's not up to us to tell anyone what they can and can't say, well that's exactly what you've just done!

Edited by jacksparrowsmistress

Hi Gondorgirl,

I'm with you on this one.

I get fed up with repetitive threads as well, I don't really mind people asking over and over after the same request: I just don't bother reading those threads.

And I would hope that seniority on this forum isn't required to express the opinion that you fell a member is treated unjustly because their level of English.

So with that, welcome to the forum, and I look forward to meeting you at Ring*Con UK :)

Hello Wyrdsister and Frankslittlemachine,

I'm glad both of you see that the logical answer is to simply not read the annoying threads - it just makes sense doesn't it?

Anyway am definitely looking forward to seeing you guys at another show!

And as for jacksparrowslittlemistress - sweetheart if I had been a member of this forum a day, a week or 10 years I'd still stand up for anyone who was being unnecessarily insulted.

I'm not even going to point out the blatantly obvious point that by telling me not to tell other people what to do... well it's just hypocritical isn't it?

In terms of this belief that I was telling people what to do perhaps you should reread my messages which clearly state that I am simply advocating that everyone has their right to freedom of speech - it's called a democratic society.

I have never denied how annoying certain responses/threads must be but, to agree with you two, Frankslittlemachine and Wyrdsister (p.s. like the Macbeth connotations!), if you don't like it, why read it?