Simon pegg & Nick Frost

gobo1979uk

I hope I'll be allowed to get two autographs off Simon, a friend of mine can't make it and I told her I'd do my best to get it for her....

Lol, I could tell Simon the whole story and hope he lets me have two I guess! (would rather not though.)

Any ideas if we'll be allowed more than one?

I had my Shaun of the Dead poster yesterday, but the queue was huge so I thought I would just get the postcard of the two of them signed. I did, but as I was chatting to Nick Frost, I got a postcard of him signed as well!! Part of me is impressed, but the anal part of me is not as I have an oddity on the amount of autographs. I have decided to keep the one off Nick Frost in my auto file and the postcard with the two autographs, I will frame. But they were great guests & would love to meet them again.

As far as I'm concerned, major kudos is due to Simon and Nick, for being willing to change their travel arrangements to stay and sign for the whole line.

It's nice to see people wanting to give their fans something :-)

T.

This was a great talk and really enjoyed it!! It was definitly worth the wait, it was everything a talk should be funny, audience participation and informative I am really looking forward to seeing this film it looks so gid dam funny. I heard many thing being said that they will only sign for a short amount of time so not everyone would get one and that they was only autographing the Hot Fuzz cards. I had taken my Shaun of the Dead DVD cover with me just incase but they signed it which I was really pleased with as I had wanted to meet them when they did LFCC a few years ago but I missed them as Simon had changed his appearence date. Too Tall was about keeping everyone in order and explaing that it was one item per person but I seen some people trying to take the **** with wedges of photos to be signed which annoyed me abit I hope they didn't get them all done as it would be unfair to everyone else, if you had an extra one given to you at the desk then fair play but delibratly ignoring peoples comments is wrong.

Many thanks SM, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost of and also that bloke from empire magazine. :thumbup:

(apologies for any spelling mistakes just that I was up at 5am Saturday to get to manchester and it is now 7pm Sunday and I still haven't been to sleep and tired as anything)

I met them as well, and found the talk really hilarious!!

Especially the young kid, who asked

"Is Babylon 5 really a pile of s--t?"

Will admit to not really being bothered by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost before, but after listening to their talk, that is about to change!!

I liked alot how involved they both got with the crowd at the talk, and how much audience participation there was!!

I asked Simon about his coming back as a guest, and appreciated his honest reply, about not liking charging for his autograph, I suggested that maybe he could do as Gerry Anderson has done and donate all proceeds from his signing to a charity of his choice? He commented that he may do just that.

Which means I can get him for Doctor Who!!

AWWW LOVED THESE TWO, THE TALK WAS HILARIOUS. I loved the debate about wether dogs can look up, like only when there heads but not there eyes!!!

Managed a hurried word of appreciation to Pegg about spaced being the first thing ever where I knew I wasn't alone in my humour!!!! but it probably came out strange lol! and spoke about left hand shaking for extra randomness points!!!! Aww I reallly hope they do signings next time so we can talk properly :)

Good talk, good laugh. Now theres a amazing glut of Hot Fuzz related wares on eBay, mostly cards and t-shirts... Tis a shame theres people collecting freebies just to profit off it later.

I'm keeping my T Shirt :smile:

I thought Nick and Simon were incredible guests and they made the day worthwhile to me.

AWWW LOVED THESE TWO, THE TALK WAS HILARIOUS. I loved the debate about wether dogs can look up, like only when there heads but not there eyes!!!

Managed a hurried word of appreciation to Pegg about spaced being the first thing ever where I knew I wasn't alone in my humour!!!! but it probably came out strange lol! and spoke about left hand shaking for extra randomness points!!!! Aww I reallly hope they do signings next time so we can talk properly :)

Especially since a couple of (young) kids were left in tears having been practically trampled by people who got WAY too overexcited about the free t-shirts.

The talk was great though -- I've waited ages to meet Simon and Nick and it's great that they were as fab as I was hoping they'd be. And I didn't even make an eejit of myself in fangirlish glee :WINCE:

Also, and I know it somewhat goes against Showmasters' ethos, I love the fact they're unwilling to charge their fans for autos.

I had my Shaun of the Dead DVD cover signed, had a Hot Fuzz postcard as backup just incase, but asked Jason before I got to them if the DVD cover was ok and he said fine. :D

Breathed a sigh of relief then as I thought it would be a no seeing as I didnt see any others!

Cool guys, but they barely spoke to me when getting their auto because they were both too busy chatting up to my female friend I was with :WINCE:

Also, and I know it somewhat goes against Showmasters' ethos, I love the fact they're unwilling to charge their fans for autos.

Well, that's not strictly accurate. First, Simon and Nick charged for their autographs last time they attended a Showmasters event, so they aren't unwilling to charge (though I'm sure they prefer not to). Second, its not "Showmasters' ethos" to charge for autographs - when a guest costs money to get to a show, you've got to get that money back somehow, and charging for autographs so that it is the people who wish to see that specific guest who help pay for them to be there makes sense; however, when a guest is there for free as publicity for a new film, and so not costing Showmasters money, then Showmasters don't have to charge.

Well, that's not strictly accurate. First, Simon and Nick charged for their autographs last time they attended a Showmasters event, so they aren't unwilling to charge (though I'm sure they prefer not to). Second, its not "Showmasters' ethos" to charge for autographs - when a guest costs money to get to a show, you've got to get that money back somehow, and charging for autographs so that it is the people who wish to see that specific guest who help pay for them to be there makes sense; however, when a guest is there for free as publicity for a new film, and so not costing Showmasters money, then Showmasters don't have to charge.

That's not strictly true... I remember Showmasters posting that SImon Pegg wouldn't charge for his auto and wasn't happy about it, so they got round it, by charging £15 for a talk ticket and you could only have an auto from him, if you had a talk ticket.

Simon Pegg = Top Geezer/friend to fans

As Chrismk has already clarified the talk ticket / auto thing from last time I'll just point out that when I said it was "Showmasters' ethos" it was not in any way a denigrating term - the fact is it is the fairest way to ensure visitors aren't paying for guests they're not interested in. It is their ethos and it's not even one I disagree with.

Not only did Simon and Nick not cost Showmasters money on this occasion but I'd say they did a lot to boost numbers - they were the only people I came to see and the only reason I bought an early bird ticket (although to be fair they were totally worth the outlay). If they hadn't been there on the Saturday I'd have just pootled in for a look round the stalls and then headed to the pub with friends.

And Simon Pegg not only = Top Geezer/friend to fans but also uberfan himself which is part of the reason I love him :D:P