Hungry for that really BIG guest announcement

A007

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the line up for this years C10 and comparing it to the list for G-Mex...i think i know which one i'll be attending this year.

Collectormania10? or does freddy doesnt do owt for ya :o

since its financially impossible for me to make it to C10, and i'm abroad for Gmex, i've not followed show-specific announcements too well (i.e. i've no idea who's at each show, even though i've checked most of the threads for who the ppl are :P )

but i think they've both got a strong lineup - sure, its not 'mainstream' stuff, but then, since when has it ever been filled with mainstream people?

i actually wish i could stay home and get to gmex... i think thats the one with the stargate comp?:thumbup:

After looking at the line up for this years C10 and comparing it to the list for G-Mex...i think i know which one i'll be attending this year.

Collectormania10? or does freddy doesnt do owt for ya :D

oook..im sorry but that made no sense. Do you mean Freddy Krueger? Robert Englund? I already got his and hes not at C10. (really nice fella tho)

red dwarf

I don't think they count as 'big' to be fair, they do a lot of signings :firedevil:

considering i love RD, i hate agreeing with this... but you're right :angel:

plus they're known for RD alone, most of them (craig also known for RW)

i'm sure they've done other stuff, but their main peice of work is a cheap little scifi show....well, they're not the hugest :dance:

I've still to meet a few of the Red Dwarf people, like Chris Barrie and Craig Charles. I'd also love to meet Danny John-Jules and Robert Llwellyn again, since I met them on the first day of my first con and should have said so much more! :firedevil:

I really thought that showmasters would pull all the stops out to make C10 the biggest and best yet! Some thing that everyone would talk about for ages, but so far not impressed with line up compared to g-mex etc.

It is already becoming apparent that now there is collectormania g-mex, the big stars no longer want to come to milton keynes. Is this the beginning of the end for milton keynes? I hope not.

Have attended all the collectormania's in mk with my family and we love the atmosphere and the chance to meet really famous stars!!

Please showmasters, add a huge name and restore my faith!!!

• Moderators

It is already becoming apparent that now there is collectormania g-mex, the big stars no longer want to come to milton keynes. Is this the beginning of the end for milton keynes? I hope not.

Where did you get that from?

Where did you get that from?

I was merely giving my own opinion. sorry if I offended you by saying that. Most people know where Manchester / London are, but Milton Keynes often gets forgotten. I love it here as I've lived here 11 years.I long for people queing at ungodly hours, people begging for virtual tickets.

I know people moan about the lotr days at collectormania, but I remember the huge queues and the wonderful atmosphere. when the likes of adam west was there, he sat looking bored stiff with no queue, and I thought he would have huge queue's.

I love all the old reunion's, but a lot of the younger generation haven't even heard of the stars. recent, big films such as lotr, star wars, harry potter will always draw in good crowds.

My daughter is 18 and confessed that she wouldnt be rushing to C10 as she hasnt heard of half of the line up.

Im sure the shopping centre would prefer the place to be heaving with all those potential shoppers!!

Sorry again for any offence caused!!!

• Moderators

Oh no I was just curious as to whether you knew that guests preferred being there rather than in MK.

To be honest I see the multiple events as a good thing rather than a bad one - after all, a lot of guests are still working, so it gives them more options! While you used to only be able to get guests for 2 dates a year, now there's London and GMEX too, so it enables SMs to offer different possibilities.

I think they'll always try to spread the bigger guests around but there are a lot of factors such as when they're available, and what other guests they are getting etc. Like you said Adam West may have been a bit quieter but if you group certain guests together at the one event then it attracts the fans more. There's a lot of different aspects that go into it I think.

It's always beneficial to ANY event to have a 'headliner' of sorts to pull the crowds in, but it's not always possible. Plus I can understand the logistics behind preferring an Elijah Wood stature guest at a pay event rather than in the shopping centre.

I was wondering if guests who are more well-known and have a bigger fanbase than the current CM10 line-up don't want to be in the middle of a shopping mall for personal reasons (the casual shoppers gawking!) and maybe for security issues. :o

Also Manchester and London are bound to be easier options for travelling and general location.

I personally prefer MK because it's in the mall and there are lots of things to do around the area and it isn't that crowded or difficult to get around. :D

I actually wondered whether SM might be trying to scale down CM10 because they have started having all these other events which might be more beneficial in to their company?

Still looking forward to this CM10 but I think it will have a different atmosphere (ie. quieter) to the other events as it currently stands.

Poor show line up.

The london Autograph show has a much better line up.

Come on showmasters make c10 the best.

Maybe because c10 can not charge on the door??

lve even heard that george lazenby is not coming??

Is this true.

regards

lastman

hopefully he's still coming, my bond poster depends on it!

plus they're known for RD alone, most of them (craig also known for RW)

i'm sure they've done other stuff, but their main peice of work is a cheap little scifi show....well, they're not the hugest :o

How dare you overlook Chris Barrie's lead role in comedy masterpiece "The Brittas Empire"! :D

Actually if you wanted an interesting (certainly funny) reunion, get Chris Barrie and a load of the other people who did voices for Spitting Image. How's that for a collection of comic talent?!