Photo sessions?

Space_cowboy

http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2.sf/.../Categories/C10

(link is to the SM online store)

adam baldwin, i presume you mean? photoshoot is available :smile:

as for the other 2 - shoots might be announced nearer the time, if not its a case of see what happens on the day. but unless a guest is either really busy or has specifically asked for a no-photos rule, you should be ok i'd think :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2.sf/.../Categories/C10

(link is to the SM online store)

adam baldwin, i presume you mean? photoshoot is available :smile:

as for the other 2 - shoots might be announced nearer the time, if not its a case of see what happens on the day. but unless a guest is either really busy or has specifically asked for a no-photos rule, you should be ok i'd think :smile:

I wasn't at LFACC in July so didn't know how this worked, but if a guest is doing a professional photo session does this mean you CAN'T get a photo with them during the auto time? Like just a normal one you would get with a guest in the past? Or is it a case of if you want a photo you HAVE to get a photo session ticket? Anyone know?

SJ

x

with elijah wood, if you wanted a photo, you had to pay, if i recall.

but i think nathan fillion and alan tudyk (i think i'm right on both those names, someone can correct me if i've got the wrong alan :smile: i think 2 of them were at it) you could get the photo at the table or the photoshoot.

it really will depend on how busy a guest is anticipated to be, and i'm guessing for the shoots available on the website there's a thread (somewhere) on the forum for each of them, giving the details of whether said guest will only have the shoot, or whether they will also have over-the-table shoots.

have to correct myself actually - there's nothing in adam's announcement thread to announce the photoshoot, and no other thread to say he's doing one that i can see, so hopefully SM can clarify.

i did't look specifically for lance's thread, though, so i don't know what the story is there either.

Quoted from Too Tall's FAQ, hope it helps:

FAQ about the professional photo sessions!

What photo shoots are there and how much are they?

Adam Baldwin - Sunday 2nd Oct - Time TBC - £15

Lance Henriksen - Sunday 2nd Oct - Time TBC - £15

How it works:

1) Your photo will be taken by a professional photographer.

2) The shot will be taken in front of a backdrop and with lighting to ensure the best possible image.

3) You will be standing beside the guest(s) and not leaning over a table.

4) Your picture will be a 6†by 9†colour photo (not an inkjet print) and, all being equal, should be ready for collection a couple of hours after the shoot finishes.

5) It will come with a mount to keep it safe and nice.

6) All of this combined should provide you with something unique and special.

Why this time in the morning?

Because it allows people time to arrive and get settled, and leaves time afterwards for the photos to be developed and returned to the show in time to be collected on the same day.

Does this mean I can’t take a picture of the guest during the autograph session?

No, there will be no restriction on taking posed photos at their autograph table due to the photo shoot. The photo shoot is purely an add extra for those that would like it.

Saying this posed photos may need to be stopped due to the guest being busy as may normally happen.

What happens if it doesn’t come out for some other reason?

Then you will get a full refund.

Where will it be?

TBC

Where do you get the tickets?

Pre-sold from the online shop or on the day if any are still available.

How many tickets can I buy at once?

There is no limit on the number you can buy. You can buy more than 1, i.e. for friends or others without internet access.

Although if you're thinking you'll buy 20 to get more time with the guest(s), you should remember that its the moving people in and out of shot which takes time - photographing two stationery people 20 times takes a lot less time than photographing 20 different couples.

Can my friend and I both be in the same picture?

One ticket means one picture developed. You can have two people in the picture, but what you need to do is buy two tickets, and you can then pose together in two photos, and only one copy of each will be developed.

Basically you need one ticket per person!

Note: No more than 2 people will be allowed in the shot.

Can I order extra prints?

No

What time will the prints be ready?

Barring unforeseen etc, same day.

How many tickets will be sold?

Around 400.

What if my ticket doesn't arrive?

Tickets are normally sent out a week before the event by registered post (i.e. you have to sign for them). So don't panic 2-3 weeks out thinking you've been missed. If in the unlikely event you don't get your tickets before you leave for the event, bring along proof of purchase i.e. your bank statement with the transaction shown and go to the organisers booth once you are in the show. They will help you.

The Small Print:

Showmasters reserves the right to refuse anyone from taking part in the photo shoot; if payment has already been made then we will refund them.

While it is SMs intention to have all photos developed and back within a couple of hours of the photo shoot ending, if for any reason the photos are delayed then SM will distribute them later in the day. Any uncollected on Saturday will also be available the next day, and if someone has to leave before their photo is available because of any such delay, it will be posted out to them so long as they leave their name and address.

Whats the chances that Adam Baldwins tickets will be all gone by the time I get there??

Because at LFACC I wanted a professional pic with Alan Tudyk but I didnt book but when I got there, there were still tickets available.

Ive never met Adam so I dont know how popular he is at conventions! Can anyone help??

thanks

vicki

xxxx

• Showmasters Admin

Whats the chances that Adam Baldwins tickets will be all gone by the time I get there??

Because at LFACC I wanted a professional pic with Alan Tudyk but I didnt book but when I got there, there were still tickets available.

Ive never met Adam so I dont know how popular he is at conventions! Can anyone help??

thanks

vicki

xxxx

You should be OK to get a ticket on the day. But obviously there are no guarantees. Why don't you order one in advance if you really want one?

thanks

vicki

xxxx

You should be OK to get a ticket on the day. But obviously there are no guarantees. Why don't you order one in advance if you really want one?

Yeh I know! I would! Its just my nan has just gone into hospital and she is usually my ride there as im only 15. and its a long way to go. So im not absolutly sure if i can go yet, i really want to though. They just might be the chance I cant. So i dont want to buy it and then not go and loose my money and loose chances for someone else! Do you know what I mean??

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question about the photo-shoots. Will they take place after the whole show opens, ie: after 10am? Or are they before the show officially starts? I need to know for booking my coach down to Milton Keynes. I think the earliest I can get there is about 9am.

Thanks for any help you guys can give :unsure:

These photo sessions suck!! Getting a picture with the guest is a massive part of meeting them and now you have to pay £15 on top of the £15 you have to pay if you want their autograph! So something that would of cost you £15 before now costs £30 !!

And I know the reason given was to save time but what a load of rubbish!! How does it take any less time to have a picture taken by a professional than it does by one of the crew?? It takes a second to press the button on a camera no matter who presses it!!

From what I can see this is just a simple money making excersise and nothing else. :unsure:

These photo sessions suck!! Getting a picture with the guest is a massive part of meeting them and now you have to pay £15 on top of the £15 you have to pay if you want their autograph! So something that would of cost you £15 before now costs £30 !!

And I know the reason given was to save time but what a load of rubbish!! How does it take any less time to have a picture taken by a professional than it does by one of the crew?? It takes a second to press the button on a camera no matter who presses it!!

From what I can see this is just a simple money making excersise and nothing else. :chair:

i totally agree with you.

I think its stupid.

Will we be allowed to take pictures of them.

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question about the photo-shoots. Will they take place after the whole show opens, ie: after 10am? Or are they before the show officially starts? I need to know for booking my coach down to Milton Keynes. I think the earliest I can get there is about 9am.

Thanks for any help you guys can give :chair:

The ones at LFACC weren't until 11am at the earliest so I assume they will be after then as well.

From what I can see this is just a simple money making excersise and nothing else. :chair:

Except you're still allowed photos at the table (time/queues allowing, same as always), this is just for people who want a professional shot rather than leaning across a table, so if you don't want to buy a ticket - don't. You can still hopefully get a picture. I don't see the problem...

Edited by SerbianJanet

A lot of people prefer a professionally posed photograph as opposed to one leaning across the table that a friend takes. Also if a guest cannot or does not want to allow photos in the queue then it gives people the opportunity to get one.

SM are catering to the masses here and people like different things.

The show will be great as usual!

K

• Moderators

Yep, the majority of photo shoots aren't REPLACING the photo-at-the-desk option, so it kinda defeats your argument.

Even in the case of someone like Elijah Wood, it's already been stated that photos WOULD NOT be allowed at the signing, and therefore the photo shoot would be beneficial to those who really want one!

And for someone like Robert Englund who has been many times before, it gives fans something different to get - him with his glove - or the A-Team photo with the van etc. No-one's being forced to get one really, and it's just an extra opportunity.

Yep, the majority of photo shoots aren't REPLACING the photo-at-the-desk option, so it kinda defeats your argument.

Even in the case of someone like Elijah Wood, it's already been stated that photos WOULD NOT be allowed at the signing, and therefore the photo shoot would be beneficial to those who really want one!

And for someone like Robert Englund who has been many times before, it gives fans something different to get - him with his glove - or the A-Team photo with the van etc. No-one's being forced to get one really, and it's just an extra opportunity.

yes, i know what you are saying,

But probably the reason why elijah wood is saying no to photos at the sigings,

is to make people pay extra for a photo.

Not really, it delays things far too much, and the busier guests not having photos isn't a NEW thing just starting because photo shoots have been introduced ..

How do you make that out,

While there off doing photo shoots, they wont be signing,

It wont make any difference, it will still be busy, If anything, it will probably be a bit more busy then normal.

• Moderators

I'm not gonna pretend I know the exact logistics of it all, I don't, but compare a queue full of people with different cameras and crew members that don't know what they're doing etc with a professional that points and clicks and that's that .. plus the money issue too of course, I'm not gonna say they don't do it for money cuz it's a business!