Elijah Wood - Model Guest

Calumn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid my experience wasn't as good.

Elijah was great, looked up and smiled at me but before I could ask him to personalise the photo I was shoved along for the next person. So now all I have is his signature (which I love, I was just really hoping for it to be personalised!) I tried to ask if they could just pop it round so he could just write my name on it but they wouldn't.:uhoh:

I did get mine personalised (we were asked to write our names on a bit of paper before hand so didn't have to ask) but have to say there wasn't much chatting when I was there either and people were being rushed along a bit but as it was nearing when he was planning to leave and there were still people that wanted to meet him that is understanable and he did chat breifly and was very friendly. I would have liked a comment on my costume though as it was LOTR, wonder if he even realised. :D:D Ah well can't have everything we want in life I guess. :P I also would have loved a hug but am way too shy to ask.:P

The talk was good too although it could have done with more speakers/ being louder, as I had a bit of trouble hearing him. He manages to answer the questions and elaboartae which is nice wheras some people hardly say anything, although I guess that may be more down to nerves of others than anything else.

I didn't hear properly what was said but there was something about a dance and Elijah asked the lady to do a reanactment as she had asked him and he kind of joined in and then gave her a hug and he was really friendly to all the people who ased questions.

I would definately like to see him back at another event somewhen so I can ask a question. I wasn't sure what to ask today. :P:D

hi i was that lady :D the question i asked was whether or not 'North' would be released on dvd because he does a dance in it which is the dance from fiddler on the roof but keep in mind elijah is about 11 years old wearing leiderhosen and a big fake beard , it's just one of the funniest things i've ever seen. he said it might not be, so no one will see it again. So i dared him to re-inact it :dance: only that back-fired and i had to do it, i've never been so scared :o but thought what the hey i have to now hahhahahaaa. He was lovely so i'm glad a made a fool of myself :wub:

I was disppointed met him at c4 and he was really nice and this show I was pushed though like cattle on saturday afternoon no talking to people and head down like a signing machine I tried to talk to him but he wasn't happy at all.

It was as if he didn't care.

I was disppointed met him at c4 and he was really nice and this show I was pushed though like cattle on saturday afternoon no talking to people and head down like a signing machine I tried to talk to him but he wasn't happy at all.

Here's a little task for you...

1200 tickets were given out, and there was 7 hours available for signing.

Take away an hour for the photo session, gives us 6 hours.

Take away a further hour that's split between lunch and another 2 breaks (you can't expect him to sign non-stop for all that time without taking a minute or two out), that gives us 5 hours.

5 hours is 300 minutes.

1200 people to see in 300 minutes.

Leaves about 15 seconds per person, which includes getting to him, saying hi, and him signing (which admittedly doesn't take more than a moment or two for a plain signature, but slightly longer if there's a personalisation).

I'm sorry you felt unhappy at your treatment, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that Elijah *does* care about his fans.

Troy.

Trust me, if anything like that did happen it was not at the request of Elijah but the actions of the crew around him who perhaps were not used to huge name guests being quite such perfect guests.

I think Elijah was a top guest, he was willing to chat to every1 and personalise and he was super busy but was always polite and sweet made my weekend as i didnt meet him at c4 even tho i had a vt so i made up for it this time :gorgeous:

Elijah was FANTASTIC :D ... He seemed to take the time to talk to everyone that I saw him meet. He was smiling and really good at putting people at their ease. I managed to get in early on Sat so got my personalised signature b4 the photoshoot and when I had my picture taken he said ' hello again' :gorgeous: I'm suprised he remembered some people just wouldn't notice. GREAT GUEST! Thanks Showmasters!! :thumbup:

Elijah was FANTASTIC :D ... He seemed to take the time to talk to everyone that I saw him meet. He was smiling and really good at putting people at their ease. I managed to get in early on Sat so got my personalised signature b4 the photoshoot and when I had my picture taken he said ' hello again' :gorgeous: I'm suprised he remembered some people just wouldn't notice. GREAT GUEST! Thanks Showmasters!! :thumbup:

I met him on Sunday. I suffered for 7 hours on a coach on the way there and only got an hours sleep just to go and see him but it was all worth it! I like him even more now andI never thought that would be possible! xxxx

Both times he has appeared at SM events he has been great - chatty, friendly and this time personalising!

you cant really ask for more - and from such a large guest!!!

Awsome - and the photo sessions was V cool as well..... nice selection of pics to get signed this time as well.

Really hope he comes back......

He was very short though !

I know he is a Hobbit and all, but hadn't ralised how tiny he actually is.

Have to agree though, he must be one of the few well know young Hollywood Film actors with the highest current profile that has done events like this.

Good on you Elijah.

Trust me, if anything like that did happen it was not at the request of Elijah but the actions of the crew around him who perhaps were not used to huge name guests being quite such perfect guests.

The crew I saw with him that day were 2 people I've seen at other events and one of which I've talked to a few times and they both very nice in fact not pushy at all always seem to have smiles on they faces.

They were just passing the items along at normal speed not fast at all.

I was shocked at the way Elijah was it so seemed unlike him.

He didn't look up much dueing the whole time I was in the queue if I had not talked to him I don't think he would have looked at me at all.

It seemed he's changed so much.

The crew I saw with him that day were 2 people I've seen at other events and one of which I've talked to a few times and they both very nice in fact not pushy at all always seem to have smiles on they faces.

I wonder if one was me? :D

If so, nice to see you again!!

Troy.

elijah was ace! made me mates day! cos it was her bday pressie tht i took her ther yesturday. i didnt tell her wot was happening til hlf hour b4 we went in lol she had no idea elijah was ther n she opened her pressie in the cue to reveal elijah photo session ticket, she was nearly crying in the cue and apparently she said elijah was absolutely lovely she came out shaking haha

I wonder if one was me? :blush:

If so, nice to see you again!!

Troy.

Were you standing up and putting the pics on to the table?

I totally agree with everything Calumn said!!!

I am still smiling! Yesterday was the most amazing day :YAHOO: I finally got to meet him and he was everything you would want a guest to be and more. I actually told him what happened at C4 and he seemed genuinely sympathetic about it! Really lovely guy.

I just want to say a huge THANKYOU to showmasters, one of my dreams came true yesterday and its all down to you! YOU GUYS ROCK! :wub:

also agree with whoever said Elijah for C10!!! haha. using the same queue system as LF&CC would be a good idea tho :thumbup:

I loved meeting Elijah! I've been a fan for years and this really was a special moment...it was bit rushed, but as Troy said, there were A LOT of people who wanted to see him!

I came away with a personalised auto, some pics of him signing and the realisation that I'd met him! THAT to me is a success :thumbup::YAHOO:

I'm glad I managed to meet Elijah Wood - but when I met him he was very rushed, although I was under 300, but I was after a load of people who just had a stack of photos they wanted signed, and they didn't try and talk to him - so when it came to me I was saying some stuff to him before he looked up at the end, so I did have a tiny chat and I got a handshake :blush: And I'm glad he added "Frodo" to my LotR multi-signed pic when I asked him to :D

It was a bit weird though - I had given someone my bag to look after, and I (being organised I thought) brought in a clipboard with my 2 photos on it, it opened out so I had one on each side, so I could just hand it over for him to sign on. Once I got in, and paid for 2 autos, I was told I could choose 2 photo from the desk, although I had 2 of my own. Cool, I thought. So I picked up a couple, and to keep them safe and flat, I put them under one of my photos on the clipboard out of the way.

After Elijah had signed my 2 photos, he moved my top photos out of the way, and said something like "Oh, you've got these too" and started to sign one of them. Before I could say anything, the crew girl went "STOP! She's only paid for 2!!" Elijah stopped straight away - leaving an "E" on my photo, which smudged... He looked really apologetic and said "Sorry I'm not allowed"

I felt really bad because he might have felt awkward - :( it did kind of ruin it for me, as I'd given in my ticket saying I had paid for 2 autographs, I didn't know he'd fish out the others from the back :huh: and I was made to feel like I'd tried to steal an autograph or something :(