Great day. Thanks Showmasters!

Rev_Bem

Just wanted to say what a great day me and my pals had at LFACC today. LOADS of great stalls there selling cheap stuff (got some nice region 1 dvds and an alias Sydney bust statue). The guests all seemed great (can't believe Carrie fisher was doing posed pics etc) and the event seemed laid out really well. Also special mention has to go to the 'glamour' models, Only way to make the hall even hotter than the heatwave outside :YAHOO:. Great stuff, Bring on, erm, tommrow!! yay!

I had a fantastic day too, met everyone i wanted to no problem, Elijah, jorge and then Nathan, all were lovely and took time to chat etc not for ages but enough to make the experience all the better. Nathan was by far my favourite, he was so funny and asked us all in the line before how his line was doing, and if we had any problems to see Alan Tudyk? :lol: I had a photo with Nathan too but im going again tomorrow so i think im gonna have to pay for a proper photo so i can meet him again! :lol: Also the talk with Nathan and Alan was sooooooooo funny, they just bounced off each other and it really rounded off what a great day we had! We are back tomorrow for Maggie Grace and our photo with Nathan, plus my sister wants to get her photo of Elijah and her signed that she had taken today, which by the way is lovely! So thanks SM for a truly great day, im certainly gonna remember this day for a long time to come! :lol:

:lol:

I had a fantastic day too, met everyone i wanted to no problem, Elijah, jorge and then Nathan, all were lovely and took time to chat etc not for ages but enough to make the experience all the better. Nathan was by far my favourite, he was so funny and asked us all in the line before how his line was doing, and if we had any problems to see Alan Tudyk? :lol: I had a photo with Nathan too but im going again tomorrow so i think im gonna have to pay for a proper photo so i can meet him again! :lol: Also the talk with Nathan and Alan was sooooooooo funny, they just bounced off each other and it really rounded off what a great day we had! We are back tomorrow for Maggie Grace and our photo with Nathan, plus my sister wants to get her photo of Elijah and her signed that she had taken today, which by the way is lovely! So thanks SM for a truly great day, im certainly gonna remember this day for a long time to come! :lol:

pinkangel, I couldnt have said it better myself!

I can't beleive that I got to see both Elijah and Jorge before 11am! By 11:30 (my professional picture with Elijah) I was finished, until the talks started! This being my first LF&CC made the experience wonderful.

The stalls were good, and I got some good bargains.

The Serenity talk was fantastic, I loved the jokes between Nathan and Alan. Elijah was the sweetest guy ever, my professional photograph with him came out perfect, and his autographed pictures were amazing.

I had a truely special day. I will remember this day, and Elijah's gorgeous eyes' for a very long time!

Jorge Garica was wonderful, but seemed a bit tired/ bored? He was a nice guy though.

I can't believe the brilliant day I've had today, THANK YOU SHOWMASTERS!

:lol:

pinkangel, I couldnt have said it better myself!

I can't beleive that I got to see both Elijah and Jorge before 11am! By 11:30 (my professional picture with Elijah) I was finished, until the talks started! This being my first LF&CC made the experience wonderful.

The stalls were good, and I got some good bargains.

The Serenity talk was fantastic, I loved the jokes between Nathan and Alan. Elijah was the sweetest guy ever, my professional photograph with him came out perfect, and his autographed pictures were amazing.

I had a truely special day. I will remember this day, and Elijah's gorgeous eyes' for a very long time!

Jorge Garica was wonderful, but seemed a bit tired/ bored? He was a nice guy though.

I can't believe the brilliant day I've had today, THANK YOU SHOWMASTERS!

Sounds like we met the same guests at about the same time? Were you following me? or was i following you? :lol:

Just wanted to say what a great day me and my pals had at LFACC today. LOADS of great stalls there selling cheap stuff (got some nice region 1 dvds and an alias Sydney bust statue). The guests all seemed great (can't believe Carrie fisher was doing posed pics etc) and the event seemed laid out really well. Also special mention has to go to the 'glamour' models, Only way to make the hall even hotter than the heatwave outside :lol:. Great stuff, Bring on, erm, tommrow!! yay!

Was carrie fisher being nice then?

Carrie was fantastic, with me anyways. She was very chatty, was more than happy to pose for a pic with me (despite the "no posed photos" sign right behind her stall!), and was more than happy to personalise the signature. I really couldn't have asked for more. Thank you Carrie!

That goes for everone i met today too, Elijah (eventually!!), Jerry Robinson, Kenny Baker & Peter Mayhew were all very pleasant indeed - and really made the day for me. From what I could see of the other guests as I was queuing, there was plenty of chat and posed photos going on.

The best CM event i've been to so far.

Agreed,

There was easily a really great atmosphere at LFCC yesterday - all of the guests were great - so too were the Crew.

They were more than happy (as long as the queue was too out of control) to let you step into the side and grab a few pics - Bravo!

The absolute greatest guest ever though was Nathan Fillon! He was amazing, really took the time with you, interacted with the queue as a whole and seemed genuinely touched that all these people wanted to meet him.

Unfortunately, I couldn't meet Alan due to lack of funds (damn those cheap figures.......) but I'll certainly make a beeline the next time he does an event.

Finally, Carrie Fisher. Was this the same woman that appeared last time? What a change, really friendly, really chatty, posing for photos and a smile for everyone.

I also hear that the photo session whilst very hard work was considered a success and will make a return for which I am very grateful for it was great!

I totally agree about Carrie Fisher. When I joined her queue and saw all the signs about what wasnt allowed I just assumed that she'd be the same old Carrie that has a reputation for banging out autos 10 per minute, but that was totally wrong. She was really friendly, seemed truely glad to be there and it was obvious that none of the rules had been set by her as she was more than happy to personalise and pose for photos.

Well, I went back today and had another truley fantastic day rounding off what is surly one of the greatest weekends ever. After much fretting over the past few months i'm glad to say I managed to meet Maggie Grace without a hitch, she was great, really friendly, personalised my pic and is quite possably the hottest woman i've ever met. :wacko: Also watched the Rachal Lutteral talk which was good and met Jorge as my brother got his sig. Great day. Great Event. THANKS AGAIN SHOWMASTERS!!!

p.s: Oh yeah and i loved the star wars gangs face off.

:YAHOO:THANKYOU SHOWMASTERS!! :YAHOO:

I had such a fantastic time yesterday, it was one of the best days ive ever had at a convention!! :D

i met 5 guests in total, ELIJAH WOOD/CARRIE FISHER/ROGER LLOYD PACK/HOLLY MCGUIRE/EBONY GILBERT. they wer all brilliant to meet and very friendly. my favourate and the guest that made my day was elijah!! he was so nice! very friendly, he really made the effort + the fact he was personalising autos made it even more special :P

along with meeting the guests, i got to meet up with a bunch of friends and shared some great time catching up. specially with my good pal keith(victor) and mich + also spending time with richard(aspen) was really cool! it was all just a thoroughly enjoyable experience!!!!!!!!!

thankyou again showmasters for all that you do B):thumbup:

TOP MARKS SHOWMASTERS!

met Rachel and Jorge (and saw the brilliant rachel talk today...shes great! so nice and "bubbly" seemed happy to be there...defo gone up in my already high opinion)

brought me ultraviolet and district 13 on dvd (both just out on the cinemas over here...gotta love multiregion dvd shops) and got dead zone season 4 as well.

loads of cool stuff going on there and some of the stalls were great (some cool props and the like from hellraiser, king kong and a nutty green goblin one too)

Had another great day today, met the lovely Maggie Grace, very sweet and pleased to be here even tho she had jet lag, just glad she still came! Had photo with Nathan Fillion, everything ran smoothly and was very pleased with the end result, met Nathan again once i had my photo and then got it signed! Went to the Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion talk, really enjoyed it like yesterday they were very funny and answered loads of questions etc. In all, this has been the best all round event ive been to in along time, we met who we wanted to and with no hassle at all Thanks SM! :headscratch: PS Just want to say Nathan Fillion is one of the nicest guests ive ever met, he had time for everyone he met and made you feel at ease all the time! Please bring him back again for another event! :YAHOO:

Well, I went back today and had another truley fantastic day rounding off what is surly one of the greatest weekends ever. After much fretting over the past few months i'm glad to say I managed to meet Maggie Grace without a hitch, she was great, really friendly, personalised my pic and is quite possably the hottest woman i've ever met. :YAHOO: Also watched the Rachal Lutteral talk which was good and met Jorge as my brother got his sig. Great day. Great Event. THANKS AGAIN SHOWMASTERS!!!

p.s: Oh yeah and i loved the star wars gangs face off.

Rachel was the happiest person in the hall, She couldn't stop smiling, Such a sweat, warm and friendly woman. Oh and sexy.

Don S Davis was excellent as well but you can understand why his wife tells him off for rambling.

Only gripe was that jeff wayne failed to turn up on a sunday for the second show running. i will get my War of the Worlds album signed one day. (i Hope) :headscratch:

Great Day, thanks to all concerned.

Agreed it was a great day. I much prefer the pace and casualness of LFCC, to the hustle and bustle of MK, but it is an entirely different event.

Thanks for a great show. My only diasappointments were Christopher Lee, and the change of day for Maggie Grace, but hopefully they will be back :)

Thanks again, we had a great time :)

The German fans say thank you as well :D

We had two amazing days :( and we will be back for sure!!! :(

Oh - and the staff was great. I have been to a lot of conventions and I never met so nice and helpful staff people. You always helped us out when we had questions and even queuing was fun while talking to you. Thanks for all your work during the weekend!!

Edited by jos

Gotta say Nathan Fillion is the friendliest guest ever. Stood up to greet me " Hi im Nathan, whats your name?", a hand held out. A chat about the Serenity trilogy, how i discovered Firefly and Summer Glau. Was happy to pose for a photo, which he took! " Im the best at takin photos" and it came out perfect! As i left he shouted "Give my regards to Summer!".

Also met Carrie Fisher and Paul Blake who were also fantastic, and Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker were same as usual.

Just would like to thank Showmasters for my best experience ever meeting a guest ( Yeah even better than Burt! ) and hope they get Nathan back so others who missed the event can enjoy a similar experience.

Thanks Showmasters.

Cheers Nathan.

:D

Edited by A007

Wanted to add mine too. It was a birthday present for my 14 year old nephew, and our first event. He was extremely excited by the uk garrison people, couldn't talk at first when he met Shaun Dingwall, who was really really nice, talkative & interested (and my nephew has asbergers syndrome so can go on a bit). We met John Barrowman who was a real star - dealt well with both a 14 year old boy (they discussed guns) and a 28 year old 'oh I fancied you since Going Live' woman (we talked about the Trinny & susannah-bot scene :P ) - and was really friendly. No posed pics as he'd hurt his leg, sad but he was lovely. Then we met Jorje Garcia who I think didn't neccessarily 'get' my nephew quite as well as the others but did ask to take a photo of them together as he wanted photos of everyone in costume (he was Freddy). My nephew keeps saying 'Hurley has a photo of ME on his camera!!!' and he was very nice.

Talks - we saw Doctor Who talk, John Barrowman, and Elijah Wood. the Doctor Who one had a slightly dodgy start (they lost some guests?!? not entirely sure). But they tried, and Shaun Dingwall and Eugene in particular (who I thought was okay in the Doctor Who ep but now I think is v v lovely indeed, friendly and also absolutely gorgeous! Will be, um, checking him out. Uh, his acting roles, I mean! :D )The others wer a bit quieter but I think tbh they couldn't answer half the questions as they didn't apply. They did well with what they could though, and the way 'the host (sorry I forget) embarrassed the guy who kept videoing was very cool. John Barrowman was just a star at his talk. Charming and funny and slightly saucy. REvealed a few ideas about Torchwood while managing not to give the game away, very cool. Oh and he'll be back in season three of doctor who - yay!. Elijah's talk was lovely, he was quite prepared to go with it and flow an not really applicable question into a little anecdote about something related - what I mean is my nephew asked whether he played the computer games in which he was one of the main characters, the like Lord of the Rings games, and he said he had when they first came out but didn't really anymore, and then talked about how awesome it was to be in a game and an action figure and talked about that side to it more than the actual playing computer games side. So yeah, really nice too.

Great stalls, friendly stallholders (a doctor who one in particular talked for aaaagggggeees to my nephew about which were the better cybermen) and the stormtroopers were great. Most dressed up people were excellent, certainly all the star wars ones (I met edgejedi, yay), only a few visitors seemed a bit impatient with having their photos taken (I suggest maybe you don''t dress up, that'll stop that quite well!) but on the whole, absolutely wonderful, spent a fortune, my nephew had a day he'll always remember, and it was great.

On the way home, my nephew said it had been 'the best day of my life' - bless! :D

Had a good half day (Saturday)

Found Simon Williamson to be very chatty and friendly.

Was good to see "Trigger" in a good mood

Met Jorge and Corey after deciding that I wouldn't (but found myself with excess cash after CL cancelling) and glad that I did as both of them were very chatty and commented on my T-shirt (Darth Vader with his lightsaber and Leia's head in a pool of blood!).

Found that the stalls were very cheap especially for star wars figs (cheaper than Toys r us).

Found the glamour models laughable especially as they pouted for the posed photos but was slightly disturbed by the 2 japenese :wub: waitresses!!!

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for such a great day out. My daughter got to meet and have a photo done with Elijah which made her day, and I was lucky enough to get a photo and autograph from Nathan. Nathan was so nice, greeting everyone by name and making them feel very at ease. I hope you keep the proffessional photographer as a regular feature at future shows. The talks were funny, especially Nathan and Alan. The day was over far too quickly.

Any chance of having the photographer at MK (I would especially like to get a good photo done with Adam Baldwin).