Collectormania Glasgow

:P

at last a decient sci fi event in glasgow. its been a while.

other event orgonisers seem to forget good guests when it comes to these types of events in scotland.

i know showmasters will try their hardest to bring us nothing but the verry best. :D

Another shout out for an event in Cardiff! :YAHOO:

When theres and event up north people down south complain, when theres an event down south people up north complain about travel, so hold one in cardiff, its like kinda in the middle, and that way people in the north AND south have to travel the same regardless :vader:

Not hard to get too with coach/megabus, trains and an airport, and the CIA would be a good place to hold an event, not to mention tons of hotels and things to do!

Anyway back to the actual thread subject..cool, a scottish event has potential and would be a different range of scenery for once. Wanted to go back since I was there last year.

Just be the problem of getting there for me lol as it takes nearly a whole day!

Crippsy_99

You've hit the nail right on the head, I think!!

If there was to be an event in Cardiff, I would likely go to that as well somehow lol

And Don't worry, it's the same for me, it can take most of a day by train, or at least 3-4 hours to get to MK by plane, which involves getting to the airport, the flight time, and then onto a bus from Luton Airport to The Centre:MK

Now you've got an excuse to go back to Glasgow next year :D

• 4 weeks later...

:chair: According to some posts 2007 will be the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars 'However!!!' 2007 is also the 20th Anniversary of Star Trek The Next Generation. How about trying for a Cast Reunion? I know that the full cast on stage for a talk would be amazing :blush:

Cast Members I would want to see are: Patrick Stewart, Johnathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Marina Sirtis and Gates McFadden :gorgeous: , Wil Wheaton, Denise Corsby, John DeLancie etc etc.

WOW :D

yet another show to break the bank but a whole year to save, me thinks i might have to fly as i have no other way to get there *wonders how long the flight is gonna be*.

My list is growing and is now:

MK

London

Manchester National Entertainment Centre

Glasgow

Fed Con - do we know where yet?

QUESTION - how easy is it to get from the airport to the exhibition????

Edited by BluebizzieB

where are u coming from? If its London or Milton Keynes you could always get the overnight bus to Glasgow, its a long journey but i do it all the time lol only i do it from Glasgow to London.

In terms of getting from the airport to the SECC i think the only option would be bus or taxi as Glasgow Airport doesnt have a train station. Or if you travel to the centre of Glasgow its easy enough to get to the SECC.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you check out "The Next Generation" event held at the Royal Albert Hall - Feb 2005? The entire cast were onstage [alone] for 1 hour each and it was amazing! Brent Spiner is at most the best [and most popular] guest you could ever ask for, he is entertainingly funny from start to end.

Dawn :gorgeous:

'However!!!' 2007 is also the 20th Anniversary of Star Trek The Next Generation. How about trying for a Cast Reunion? I know that the full cast on stage for a talk would be amazing :D

Cast Members I would want to see are: Patrick Stewart, Johnathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Marina Sirtis and Gates McFadden :gorgeous: , Wil Wheaton, Denise Corsby, John DeLancie etc etc.

Did you check out "The Next Generation" event held at the Royal Albert Hall - Feb 2005? The entire cast were onstage [alone] for 1 hour each and it was amazing! Brent Spiner is at most the best [and most popular] guest you could ever ask for, he is entertainingly funny from start to end.

Dawn :gorgeous:

'However!!!' 2007 is also the 20th Anniversary of Star Trek The Next Generation. How about trying for a Cast Reunion? I know that the full cast on stage for a talk would be amazing :YAHOO:

I knew it was going on but I never got to go, Alas I was too young then. I am now old enough for all sorts of depravities :thumbup: so roll on August 2007!!!!! :dance:

Edited by Too Tall

• 1 month later...

Announcing our latest venture

Showmasters is pleased to announce Collectormania Glasgow, to be take place for the first time on 25th and 26th August 2007 at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre in Glasgow.

Seccweb.jpg

As you have come to expect with our shows we will bring to Scotland some great guests. We’re having a long run into this event to ensure we will have time to arrange a great line-up. It will be the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, so we will ensure there will be good Star Wars people, and for the collectors we will bring new dealers, many different from the ones down South, which will ensure a much wider selection of merchandise for the serious collectors among us.

Further details to be announced soon.

Sounds fantastic. It's about time there was a decent show for fans north of the border. Given Showmasters reputation, I am sure that it will be a huge success, and hopefully the start of something regular! Looking forward to seeing some decent stars there as it is the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. Any chance of good photo opportunities with the stars / props / vehicles etc? Lets hope so!!!

:D:clap::clap::clap:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...