Fanboycomics.com - Horrible Horrible man!

Bohan

God I just had to post here and say that there is a certain seller at collectormania whos company goes by the name "fanboy comics" and I have never met such horrible people before, infact these 2 idiots ruined my day.

I was holding a small marvel heroclix figure in one hand whilst going through my other pocket pulling out some cash to pay for this £2 item. Next thing I know I here an american voice saying "take it back, take it back" I then looked up confused thinking I had missed out on a joke or something for this man's next comment to be "Do not be an spam it is only £2" I then realised this man was accusing me of stealing the item I then tried to explain and my 2 little brothers and dad defended me and the man backed away but was still seeming very arrogant. I then threw the figure down as I did not want to buy from somebody accusing me of stealing. I was very upset over this and quite shaken as I had have never stole anything in my life, I had around £200 in my pocket so was hardly worth stealing a 2 quid figure lol.

I later went back a while after as I was worked up and felt an apology was due. I firstly went up to the other guy on the stall who was a old fat bloke and I asked for his contact details and he gave a flyer, i then explained reason why is I wanted to complain, the gorilla like man just shrugged his shoulders which I just could not believe. I then confronted the younger american man (think he was american) I eyeballed him for a moment and then asked him for an apology which he would not give, he came up with a story that he actually saw me put it in my pocket and then get it out when he realised, what bulls*** and all I can say is that I must be damn fast! I never made a movement once the man called me!

I had a bit of a go at the guy and demanded an apology but I never raised my voic once, I didn't want to be nasty as the guy was shaking like a leaf and looked like he was about to spill his coffee everywhere. He apologied but I knew he didn't meen it, he thenadmitted he didn't meen it as I am a theif. I then made him apologise again, his pathetic words were laughable. I then told him that he had upset me and he began to raise his voice saying "You are upset? I'm upset, I am damn pissed off".

I didn't want to raise me voice at him, as a christian I wouldn't justify that behavier and I decided to leave it where it was. I just hope the guy realises he has made a big mistake, why would somebody come back and want to talk it over if he had stolen something? But I think this guy has a screw loose or something and I just did not like his arrogant attitude. A few people were watching on and I apologise to anyone who may have witnessed this incident.

I dont want to ever see these guys again, infact I will pay showmasters double the table rent that these dealers pay if they are barred!

Ant

Not sure what being a Christian has to do with not raising your voice, but those guys sound like pricks.

It's just I meen I would not resort to violence or anything.

I meen it would have been fair enough if as soon as i showed him i had not taken anything and he saw i was not alone and was with both my parents and 2 brothers that he had apologised for making a mistake, but no he did not apologise. And then when I went back I thought he may have had the sence to realise that a theif would not come back and demand an apology, but no he then had to come up with a story about that he actually saw me take up.

I am always holding things in my hands that I intend to buy, that's just what you do when you are shopping. The guy just obviously has trust issues, the reason it has offended me so much is because I would never dream of stealing anything no matter how little it is.

His name is Craig (the canadian guy) and it is his stall.

No suprise from me on this one. Know him quite a while and had my fair share of run ins with him a few years back, before collectormanias even exsisted. Always did think he was something special, unfortunatley, he was always mistaken!

His name is Craig (the canadian guy) and it is his stall.

No suprise from me on this one. Know him quite a while and had my fair share of run ins with him a few years back, before collectormanias even exsisted. Always did think he was something special, unfortunatley, he was always mistaken!

Thanks for that, I was not sure if it was his stall or the other guy's. He really came across as somebody who would not accept he was in the wrong, the moment he saw I was not alone and somebody on the thief and was there with my parents and 2 brothers he should have just made a polite apology.

He may think he is something special but I think I had the last laugh with him and brought him down a notch. But even if I did get him wound up, it does not satisfy me as due to him I did not get to look around any of the stalls and I missed meeting Corey Haim, Corey Feldman and the main guest I was there for - Jenny Agutter. This is because I had late ticket numbers for those guests and thought while I wait we would have a look around the dealer stalls, but once this incident occured we just wanted to go home.

Not sure what being a Christian has to do with not raising your voice, but those guys sound like pricks.

967212[/snapback]

One of the ten commandments is "Thou shalt not steal". Therefore it would be against his religion to steal.

So if he stole, he would spend the rest of eternity burning in hell....Or arguing with Canadians called Craig!

Sorry to hear what happened to you Ant - its idiots like that who can ruin anyones day. Don't blame you for leaving - hardly feel like meeting guests after that.

Shows are supposed to be welcoming - not like those idiots.

If that seller has a bad reputation then its a shame he's at CM or any event that should be fan friendly, and good for any age to attend. And it causes SM to lose money as people leave early as you did.

No-one should be treated like that.

Just wondered, did you complain to anyone from SM on the day, or was it a case of being upset and just want to leave, which is understandable.

But even if you didn't at least they can read it on here. I'm sure they wouldn't be pleased about the sellers bad attitude either.

Just wondered, did you complain to anyone from SM on the day, or was it a case of being upset and just want to leave, which is understandable.

That's what I was doing, I simply went back to get the guys contact details so i could pass on a complaint to showmasters, but then when I said I want your details as I am going to make a complaint, the canadian blokes co-worker just shrugged his shoulders and pulled some face and that is what then made me speak my mind.

I don't expect to ever get an apology from these guys not do I expect a responce from showmasters. Which is a shame though as I have attended showmasters conventions/fairs for years and have been a loyal customer.

One of the ten commandments is "Thou shalt not steal". Therefore it would be against his religion to steal.

So if he stole, he would spend the rest of eternity burning in hell....Or arguing with Canadians called Craig!

Lol, an eternity with that guy truly would be hell!

im very sorry to hear that, i didnt take it personaly but the same dude (i think as it sounds similar to the guy that did this)

laughed at my costume and made a silly face at me.

nobody should have to be laughed at at a show like this, we all share common interests and are there to have a good time.

And thanks for the support guys :D

That's what I was doing, I simply went back to get the guys contact details so i could pass on a complaint to showmasters, but then when I said I want your details as I am going to make a complaint, the canadian blokes co-worker just shrugged his shoulders and pulled some face and that is what then made me speak my mind.

I don't expect to ever get an apology from these guys not do I expect a responce from showmasters. Which is a shame though as I have attended showmasters conventions/fairs for years and have been a loyal customer.

967428[/snapback]

Yeah, exactly - if it wasn't for loyal fans of the shows then they couldn't keep doing them. And everyone deserves being treated properly.

Hopefully this was a one off for you and future shows are all ok. :D

Be careful what you say as it is unfair if he's not here to defend himself.

there are always two sides to every story

This comment actually annoys me, as I have told the complete story, the only difference is in his version he will insist I tried to steal from him!

Fair enough you say he is an ok guy, your opinion.

Be careful what you say as it is unfair if he's not here to defend himself.

there are always two sides to every story

This comment actually annoys me, as I have told the complete story, the only difference is in his version he will insist I tried to steal from him!

Fair enough you say he is an ok guy, your opinion.

967674[/snapback]

I agree with you, he's the one who should have been careful what he said before accusing someone of stealing. He sounds like a nasty pice of work and I wont be buying from him in the future if he continues to sell at SM events.

sorry to hear about your bad experience bohan.

the dealers i met were great - i can't remeber the names of the stalls - but the guys selling the posters behind where afshan was signing - were really great- even gave me some tips how to make sure i didn't smug the signature.

the american or canadian man and women selling all the t.v show t-shirts were very friendly.

and also - the guy selling all hte trek figures was great!

Well i have read this thread and had a chat with craig to get his side of things, run both storys threw the BS filter and come up with this conclusion.

while craig is by no means a saint and SOME of the less than nice comments made about his chariture on this thread may not be to far from the truth the one thing i have never seen him do is have a go at someone for no reason.

craig is well versed at spotting shifty behavior haveing done these events and markets for years, bohan may well have been fully intending to pay for this figure but his body language was telling a different story.

im sorry bohan but the "i had more than enough money in my pocket " line has been made null and void thanks to wynnona ryder, im sure the limit on the credit card she had in her bag was more than enough to cover the cost of the items she tryed to steal.

i noticed that nowere in bohans post did he state the less than christian demeaner his father took when he confronted craig , and haveing trained with him im sure if bohans father had followd threw with his idea of wipeing the smile of his face he would deffinatly have regretted his actions.

Bohan my friend you are deffinatly going to need to work on your body language , if you get so upset at being yelled at think how you will feel if the next time this happens the stall holder excerses there right to have you arrested wether your innocent or not.

take this incedent as a life lesson and concider getting any appolagy whether sincer or not as a bonus

Ha, you wouldnt be a dealer by any chance would you?

Lets face it, if he was going to steal this thing and he got caught, he's hardly going to come here and start complaining is he! Did he atempt to leave the stall with the item in his hand? By the sounds of it, no. As for exercising his right to call the police it would be his word against Bohans family that he stole the item

Well i have read this thread and had a chat with craig to get his side of things, run both storys threw the BS filter and come up with this conclusion.

while craig is by no means a saint and SOME of the less than nice comments made about his chariture on this thread may not be to far from the truth the one thing i have never seen him do is have a go at someone for no reason.

craig is well versed at spotting shifty behavior haveing done these events and markets for years, bohan may well have been fully intending to pay for this figure but his body language was telling a different story.

im sorry bohan but the "i had more than enough money in my pocket " line has been made null and void thanks to wynnona ryder, im sure the limit on the credit card she had in her bag was more than enough to cover the cost of the items she tryed to steal.

i noticed that nowere in bohans post did he state the less than christian demeaner his father took when he confronted craig , and haveing trained with him im sure if bohans father had followd threw with his idea of wipeing the smile of his face he would deffinatly have regretted his actions.

Bohan my friend you are deffinatly going to need to work on your body language , if you get so upset at being yelled at think how you will feel if the next time this happens the stall holder excerses there right to have you arrested wether your innocent or not.

take this incedent as a life lesson and concider getting any appolagy whether sincer or not as a bonus

967866[/snapback]

So this stallholder is well versed in spotting “shifty behaviour†and is authority in body language? Well quite clearly he is not as his assessment of this situation appears to be completely out. Or do you really think that Bohan is trying to make something out of nothing and if so for what reason? - actually it appears you do by the patronising comment about the “money in the pocket†line. As for the stallholder getting the punter arrested well that quite simply a lot of nonsense. Fair enough you know this stallholder and are clearly siding with him but if you cut out Bohans more “emotional†parts of his posts it does appear to have been treated quite appallingly.

Edited by Noddy

So another thread turns into an argument!

Bohan - Dude, posting a thread like this on Showmasters never works, (I know you were hard done by) but going down this road only leads to arguments and eventually another locked thread with a message from a mod telling you to email Showmasters, which is probably what you should have done to start with. Let them deal with it.

Kurgan - You have made a response on behalf of the stallholder now leave it at that.

Everyone else, lets talk about the good things we did this weekend!!! Leave Showmasters to deal with this "incident", they will no doubt have already been made aware of the situation.

Any more responses and arguments is only going to get things more nasty, and to be honest nobody ever wins, there is just a lot of hatrid stirred up until the thread is closed.

Guys, just realise there are never any winners in these arguments so its pointless to let things rumble on!!!

Edited by Rockybalboa