1. 1. Who will have the biggest Q?

• Elijah Wood
    • Carrie Fisher
    • Richard Dreyfuss

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrie Fisher has done a number of events in the UK so if you wanted to meet her chances are you already have (unless you were unable to make those previous events). Richard Dreyfuss has not done any UK events as far as I'm aware but he has not done anything recent that has been really big. Whereas Elijah Wood was huge from LOTR when he last made an appearance and since then he has done other current big films like Sin City so he will be the most popular (not to say that the others won't be popular, just not as popular)

Carrie Fisher will be busy but maybe not as much as C6

Que for Elijah is going to be bloody hell. I think a Gold pass or Saturday early bird ticket is needed for him

I am not sure about Dreyfus. Maybe about as Busy as Val Kilmer would have been if he turned up

Edited by lee_c00per

I don't expect posed photos, but I hope we can still do photos from the queue - like at c4!

Looks like im going to have to hope and pray that i meet elijah i dont care about Richard or Carrie, i only wana meet Elijah... as i missed him last time i REALLY wana see him this time.

942013[/snapback]

I think as long as you're there by the opening time you should be OK. I'd be looking to get there an hour before the opening time to be 100% sure though. At C4 I was there at 8:15am on the Sunday and got reserve ticket 71 (800 tickets had already gone out). I got seen at about 3:40pm, I think he got up to reserve ticket 300 that day. I honestly don't think he'll be any less busy this time.

942026[/snapback]

Did he do photo's last time mate can't remember

942033[/snapback]

It was none posed photos only when I was in the queue. He'd look up as he was signing, but there was no huggy photos.

i don't expect posed photos, that would take too long, but am hoping we can take some photos from the queue. We could do this at c4 with elijah, but sometimes it is stopped completely. So fingers crossed, we can take some photos!

I think it'll be no posed photos at LFCC4, purely for time.

942037[/snapback]

Edited by Poppy

• Showmasters Admin
Too Tall just gave the definitive answer in the FAQ, Elijah Wood by far. According to him if you arrive after 9.30 on Saturday, you won't be able to meet Wood.

944827[/snapback]

It is JUST my opinion though, I don't have a crystal ball :huh: I got it wrong with Will Shatner, but then he'd not been to an SM event so I had no idea the guy could (or would) sign over 1000 autos in an hour.

But my Elijah estimate is based on his C4 apperance. I honest believe he will be AS busy at LFCC4 as he was at C4. The lines were madness and I know people that got there at 9am and didn't get to see him. He was doing about 200 VTs an hour which is quite a reasonable speed, and he got through about 1200 VTs a day. Those 1200 VTs were gone by 9am-9:30am each day.

So I honestly think if you get to the show after 9:30am on Saturday or 10:30am on Sunday you've really unlikely to see him.

If you want Elijah you need to be thinking of getting there at 8-8:30am (9-9:30am Sun) to make sure you're in the top 1000 and get seen.

Like at C6 I think Carrie will get passed the magic 1000 (after that SM really can't garentee you'll get seen) by about 10:30am on Sat and 11:30am on Sunday.

Richard, although he's a pretty big star I don't think he'll be as busy but it likely to go past the 1000 mark by about midday both days. So after that you'll be lucky to get him.

Edited by Too Tall

I have to agree with Too Tall. Collectormania 4 was insane!

I arrived as early as was possible (trains were out from London, damn!), and managed to get around ticket 600 for Sean, 750 for Dom, and Elijah, well, I ended up with one of the last ones. But I persevered and saw them all. Only saw Elijah for about 10 second, though, and by that time it was limited to "1 auto per person" to get everyone through. This was a good idea, as I am sure he managed to see everyone who was willing to wait.

Obviously, no-one can say how popular Elijah will be at LFCC4, but I assume his fanbase can only have grown larger with Sin City, Green Street, Eternal Sunshine and Everything is Illuinated. I guess it will be "no posed photographs", at least till the majority of the ticketholders have seen him, but I'm hoping that it won't be limited to 1 item per person, as I have a few items I would like to get signed.

Everyone who experienced C4 (whether you managed to meet Elijah or not), you know what I'm taking about. Brace yourself, people, for some Elijah Madness!!!

It's gonna be busy, busy, busy at LFCC4! :blink:

I waitied and waitied and waited and they never got close to my number, infact somewhere i still have the ticket lol....

I wana meet Elijah so much, even 10secs would tottally amazing! ive been a fan of his for so long, i just really hope i get to meet him...

Too Tall just gave the definitive answer in the FAQ, Elijah Wood by far. According to him if you arrive after 9.30 on Saturday, you won't be able to meet Wood.

944827[/snapback]

It is JUST my opinion though, I don't have a crystal ball :YAHOO: I got it wrong with Will Shatner, but then he'd not been to an SM event so I had no idea the guy could (or would) sign over 1000 autos in an hour.

But my Elijah estimate is based on his C4 apperance. I honest believe he will be AS busy at LFCC4 as he was at C4. The lines were madness and I know people that got there at 9am and didn't get to see him. He was doing about 200 VTs an hour which is quite a reasonable speed, and he got through about 1200 VTs a day. Those 1200 VTs were gone by 9am-9:30am each day.

So I honestly think if you get to the show after 9:30am on Saturday or 10:30am on Sunday you've really unlikely to see him.

If you want Elijah you need to be thinking of getting there at 8-8:30am (9-9:30am Sun) to make sure you're in the top 1000 and get seen.

Like at C6 I think Carrie will get passed the magic 1000 (after that SM really can't garentee you'll get seen) by about 10:30am on Sat and 11:30am on Sunday.

Richard, although he's a pretty big star I don't think he'll be as busy but it likely to go past the 1000 mark by about midday both days. So after that you'll be lucky to get him.

945049[/snapback]

Hey TT, what would be the best thing to do if like me you are getting a Saturday Early Bird and definately intend to meet Elijah, Carrie and perhaps another big guest if SM were to announce one (bot bothered about Dreyfus)

Carrie is the main person i want to meet but would also be gutted if i didn't meet Elijah

944827[/snapback]

It is JUST my opinion though, I don't have a crystal ball :wub: I got it wrong with Will Shatner, but then he'd not been to an SM event so I had no idea the guy could (or would) sign over 1000 autos in an hour.

945049[/snapback]

Hey TT, what would be the best thing to do if like me you are getting a Saturday Early Bird and definately intend to meet Elijah, Carrie and perhaps another big guest if SM were to announce one (bot bothered about Dreyfus)

Carrie is the main person i want to meet but would also be gutted if i didn't meet Elijah

951273[/snapback]

Best bet is to arrive at between 07.00am and 08.00am. When the doors open, head for Carrie's Q, then when you've got your ticket, head for Elijah's. You should definately get to meet both of them (& any other huge guest which may be announced) if you arrive before doors open. I arrived at LFCC2 at 07.50 and was one of the first 200 people there. I got to LFCC3 (Earl's Court) just after it opened (09.20) and was in the first 250 for Ron Perlman!

Of course, it all depends on advertising, interest, dedication, amount of fans, the weather, there are loads of things. Nobody can actually tell until the day. You might get there early and be the only one there. But I would advise between 07.00-08.00 is a good time.

Best regards.....Victor Van Dort... :poki:

Edited by Victor Van Dort

• Showmasters Admin

944827[/snapback]

It is JUST my opinion though, I don't have a crystal ball :P I got it wrong with Will Shatner, but then he'd not been to an SM event so I had no idea the guy could (or would) sign over 1000 autos in an hour.

945049[/snapback]

951273[/snapback]

I think Vic pretty much has it. But I'd go for Elijah first. Although Carrie will be busy, Elijah will be busier.

As I've said above I think you'll be fine to get there for 8am. Get there earlier and obviously you will be in earlier and be better off, but I think you'll be fine at 8am.

PS: As has been mentioned before, Pre-ordered ticket holders will get in quicker as they don't have to go and buy tickets, they just go straight in. So please make sure if you want one or all of the big names that you pre-order your ticket. to make sure you get in as quickerly as possible.

Edited by Too Tall

Allow me to disagree with all of you, since I do think none of them will be that popular :

1. Richard Dreyfuss has played in some major movies, but just doesn't have a large fanbase.

2. Carrie Fisher has attended quite a few events already and consequently quite a few people already have her signature.

3. Elijah Wood will probably be the most popular of the three, yet it won't be of CM4 heights, because :

(i) the LOTR-craze is clearly over

(ii) it's a different event

(iii) since CM4 he's attended quite a few other events in many countries, hence quite a few people have his auto already.

Just my 2 cents worth and I don't mind to stand corrected after LFCC ...

M.

P.S. Too Tall : hi ! I know I still need to answer your mails (for a very long time already), but my family extension has considerably reduced my available time.

Allow me to disagree with all of you, since I do think none of them will be that popular :

1. Richard Dreyfuss has played in some major movies, but just doesn't have a large fanbase.

2. Carrie Fisher has attended quite a few events already and consequently quite a few people already have her signature.

3. Elijah Wood will probably be the most popular of the three, yet it won't be of CM4 heights, because :

(i) the LOTR-craze is clearly over

(ii) it's a different event

(iii) since CM4 he's attended quite a few other events in many countries, hence quite a few people have his auto already.

Just my 2 cents worth and I don't mind to stand corrected after LFCC ...

M.

P.S. Too Tall : hi ! I know I still need to answer your mails (for a very long time already), but my family extension has considerably reduced my available time.

951772[/snapback]

I actually kinda thought that would be the general gist of it really. I thought that the Lost and Stargate Atlantis guests would be the big ones... But that's probably down my own personal tastes I suppose.

• Showmasters Admin
I actually kinda thought that would be the general gist of it really. I thought that the Lost and Stargate Atlantis guests would be the big ones... But that's probably down my own personal tastes I suppose.

951833[/snapback]

I'm going on past events. MotS may have a point but I still feel Elijah and Carrie will be the busiest.

Even Jorge that was at G-Mex for just one day had an open queue by 3:30pm. I don't see Maggie being that much busier. She'll get upto say 500 VTs and have an open queue by 4pm. That's a good busy queue but not over the top.

Also Stargate people are always busy but never stupidly busy. They have all (including Micheal and Chris) had open queues by 4pm on most days they have signed.

For both Carrie and Elijah people had to be turned away. People didn't get to see them because too many VTs (over 1000) had already been given out that day. This has never happened for any of the Lost or Stargate people.

I'm going for two of those, Elihah and Carrie, but I reckon it's gonna be really close betweekn them, but it's gonna lean to Elijah slightly, as Carrie will just sign away and Elijah will chat to everyone for ages!!!

hehe

Elijah's going to have the screaming fangirl contingent...  so although he may not be as busy as the others, his queue will be the most "present", and so will appear busiest.

I'm guessing anyway...  I hope the Atlantis guests are at the opposite end so that I can queue in peace!  lol

941290[/snapback]

Hee! Me too. :) But you won't be in peace necessarily. Fancy sharing the queue with Torri's infamous eight-armed alien in attendance? :P

Elijah's going to have the screaming fangirl contingent...  so although he may not be as busy as the others, his queue will be the most "present", and so will appear busiest.

I'm guessing anyway...  I hope the Atlantis guests are at the opposite end so that I can queue in peace!  lol

941290[/snapback]

Hee! Me too. :) But you won't be in peace necessarily. Fancy sharing the queue with Torri's infamous eight-armed alien in attendance? :P

953522[/snapback]

Or you could share the queue with the 3 irish guys not having a clue where they are or what they're doing there. ;)