Music Suggestion

Alx

Over the course of the event whilst running around looking for specific people I had a couple of the dealers asking if we could have had some music playing in the hall. It did not need to be loud but just something in the background to create a good ambience in the building...

discuss.

A

Music is certainly an idea, but I quite liked Jeff Wayne's WOTW music in the background. Another event (which shall remain nameless) had music playing so loud that you couldn't speak the guests properly without leaning in & asking "what?"

Music is a good idea, but strictly as a background thing. And no doubt there are legal issues to consider (ie: playing music in a public place, etc.).

I would certainly support some kind of background ambience.

Music for G-Mex 2! <_<

• Showmasters Admin
No reason the dealers couldn't bring their own stereos. That way they could play music relevant to their own stalls theme.

936850[/snapback]

I can imagine the volume fights :P

lol that could be fun :lol:

A

937252[/snapback]

Or not - there's nothing worse than loud music blaring out at an event if you have a headache from the early start needed to meet your favourite stars.

937262[/snapback]

Or from the night before? :P

Music would give it a shopping centre vibe.

937266[/snapback]

what?...you mean like collectormania?!!

Nothing wrong with that I might add. Music would be good, the WOTW music did get a bit annoying after about 5 hours on repeat especially if you've never seen then film.

but during the red dwarf talk an announcement was made which danny and robert had a moment over but found those announcements a little annoying too

I think music is a good idea, maybe so it can only be heard down one end of the place though (the entrance not where they were signing) which I'm not sure would be possible but you wouldn't want music to interupt talking to the guests.

Or if you had each stall having music, or just a few and they would have to have it at a set volume so that it didn't get too loud, which again I'm not sure if that would actually work. :unsure::D

Then again, I didn't miss having music at the last one, so I don't think I'd mind either way. :lol::D

Edited by secretsinside

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aslong as it's not sci-fi. Dr. Who in particular. I'd literally be frightened to death if that came on and suddenly turned round to see people line dancing to it. :D

Music would have a good feel. Something mellow and quite upbeat would be nice.

Aslong as it's not sci-fi. Dr. Who in particular. I'd literally be frightened to death if that came on and suddenly turned round to see people line dancing to it. :unsure:

955542[/snapback]

What's wrong with Doctor Who music? I have a large collection of soundtracks from various shows and the Doctor Who incidental music is great.

Aslong as it's not sci-fi. Dr. Who in particular. I'd literally be frightened to death if that came on and suddenly turned round to see people line dancing to it. :YAHOO:

955542[/snapback]

What's wrong with Doctor Who music? I have a large collection of soundtracks from various shows and the Doctor Who incidental music is great.

955827[/snapback]

Absolutely nothing wrong with Dr. Who music. It's the line dancing at conventions that frightens me :poki: