What were highlights of the show for you?

shaqarava

Just wondering what the highlight or highlights of the show were for you. Since this was my very first event of this type it was all pretty much all good. But some particular moments really stick to mind.

Meeting John Rhys-Davies was really good. Before I met him for the first time on Sunday, for some reason I thougt he was a grumpy man, must be the voice giving me that impression, lol. But he was a great guy. He asked me where i'm from, and i replied i was a local studying military history which interested him very much cos he's into history and all. We then got into a conversation about the use of pikemen in Alexander's army. lol. I had no idea what he was talking about since i study contemporary military history primarily from WWI onwards :P

Brent Spiner's talk was hilarious. Though I think he has some hearing issues, lol. "WHAT'S YOUR NAME AND WHERE ARE YOU FROM!!!!... ... ...good answer" :( poor kid.

But the Shanks and Judge talk just has to take the crown. Meeting them was sort of meh, it was good but Shanks seemed somewhat distracted on Sunday, just as I gave him something to sign he starts whispering to Judge for like 2 minutes, lol. And signs it straight after, and it all seemed rushed. But I don't mind, the important thing is i met him. But the talk I was just smiling and laughing througout, especailly at Judge's re-enactment of Shanks' friend's druken state of barfing from both ends, lol. Great stuff. Also lol at Judge's expresion of how rich they are. But when that little girl gave her home-made medal to Shanks that was really nice and a very 'awwww' moment when she got a kiss on the cheek.

The Galactica talk was also great, maybe not as hilarious as Shanks or Judge but Sackhoff and Callis aren't exactly the really active and giddy type on stage. But it was still great nonetheless. I wanna be part of that tag sex, why can't I be part of the tag sex? lol.

I sat through the Potter talk right after the Galactica talk just to pass the time for the Brooks one right after. I wasn't expecting much at all. You could tell from their reluctance with some of the questions that these guys are still n00bs at these events. Their young and not use to it I suppose, especially Katie, she seemed really timid and cute as well :D. Patterson seemed to have his mind completely somewhere else, lol. He has nice dreams though. Pregnant with triplets, wiping tears with a hamburger, and pulling barnicles from your spine with bones attatched to them, LMAO! And i thought I had wierd dreams :P

Brooks..."Don't be shy!!!" lol. But what an end to the show. I never expected him to be so philosophical, lol. Great singing too :P

But for me, meeting Katee Sackhoff and James Callis was my personal favourite highlight of the show. I gave everyone at the show Werthor's Original butterscotch candy on the first day, and jelly babies on the next. They all seemed happy and thankful with lotsa smiles. But when i gave the jelly babies to Katee her face just lit up like Christmas tree :D. It was great feeling knowing I put a smile on her face with that little extra gleam in it, i think i'm in love :D lol. They both showed they're appreciation by writing a personalised message on the photos thanking me for the candy, not some 'To X' and/or with some generic message. None of the other 4 that i gave candy to on both days did that. Not that i mind, but it really cheered me when both Sackhoff and Callis did.

Edited by shaqarava

But the Shanks and Judge talk just has to take the crown. Meeting them was sort of meh, it was good but Shanks seemed somewhat distracted on Sunday, just as I gave him something to sign he starts whispering to Judge for like 2 minutes, lol. And signs it straight after, and it all seemed rushed. But I don't mind, the important thing is i met him. But the talk I was just smiling and laughing througout, especailly at Judge's re-enactment of Shanks' friend's druken state of barfing from both ends, lol. Great stuff. Also lol at Judge's expresion of how rich they are. But when that little girl gave her home-made medal to Shanks that was really nice and a very 'awwww' moment when she got a kiss on the cheek.

925112[/snapback]

We're rich, stinking rich, so i rich i can do this *rolls on the floor*

need i say more? :D

Meeting Danny and Bobby - several times, the RD talk and the Starlight Express CD i found with Danny in.

Also when I spent half an hour dashing amongst all the HP people and asking if they'll talk to my friend Sian on the phone - They all did but pattingson, and the Victor krum guy didnt really want to. Matthew lewis was ace, he just chatted to her for like 5 minutes!

The other highlight is probably talking to David Bircham - the artist of the graphic novel Brodie's law, well nice, he was just another dealer selling his book at a tenner and giving away free posters.

Edited by Dwarfer ZK

Meeting John Rhys-Davies was really good.

925112[/snapback]

Totally agree. John Rhys Davies was amazing! I debated getting his autograph all day and I am so glad I did! He started of asking me who I was and where I was from etc and then asked me what I did for a living. I was like "erm, I'm an Egyptologist" and from there on it was like 20-30 minutes of talking about Egypt, hieroglyphs, what I think of the new discoveries and about the search for Nefertiti. I even wrote his name for him in hieroglyphs!!! Such a kewl man and amazingly intelligent. Plus he called me beautiful :D

I went Yesterday (saturday) My highlights were meeting Avery Brooks, Danny John Jules and Robert Llewellyn. They were all really Cool.

I have already met Brent Spiner sao I didnt need to get his autograph again, but I went to his speech. He was really funny.

I wish I went today because I wanted to hear Avery Brooks talk, anyone go to it?

Highlight for me was the Callis/Sackoff talk... some intelligent questions and some great answers from two stars who are obviosuly passionate about their show. Was hugely entertaining and enjoyable, espceially gievn as Katie seemed to be kinda 'flirting' with the audience!

Highlight of the weekend - Harry Potter talk 2.

Was Pattinson stoned? If not he did a VERY good impression...

my favourite quote from all of the talks this weekend also came from Mr. Diggory...

"I took advantage of Stan whilst he was unconscious"

The phrase that launched a thousand fan fics.

Katie Leung though, what a sweet little girl.

Someone from Eastenders should give Tolga a part right now.

Highlight of the weekend - Harry Potter talk 2.

Was Pattinson stoned? If not he did a VERY good impression...

925151[/snapback]

I thought he was hilarious in a retarded kind of way, lol.

925155[/snapback]

I was convinced he was stoned the entire weekend. My friend was the first to see him on Sat and he didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing. Tired to get under the table at one point! Hilarious thought!!

Highlight for me had to be the Shanks/Judge talk (the bit about him not reading fanfic and about somones hand being up Thor was hilarious) followed closely second by the Sackoff/Callis talk (Person asking questions: What's your favourite thing about being in the show? Callis: Oh, I don't know. Getting to have sex with Katee, getting to have sex with Trisha, getting to think about having sex with Mary, getting to nearly have sex with Grace...There are so many things I enjoy! LMAO).

I went to the Harry Potter one talk and it wasn't very good. They were all a bit awkward. Matthew Lewis held it all together and was funny but if it wasn't for him...I don't even want to think about it.

Loved the weekend and looking forward to many more.

Talks wise, I would also have to say Shanks/Judge, Brent Spiner and Andy Serkis.

But the thing that really irritated me with the Shanks/Judge talk was when that woman(who I later found out was the infamous JCB) butted in to the talk. There was an absolutely tremendous vibe once they got going, and surely as it was the last talk of the day, they could have let it come to it's natural end. I'm quite sure that both Michael and Chris were both up for carrying on a bit longer, and they would have also been professional enough to start winding the talk down.

I like so many others I spoke to, really respected and admired Chris Judge for taking another question from the young kid who asked "did they miss Jack O'Neil?" Also thought Michael was great in they way he located another microphone after they turned his off!!

Somebody should have a discrete word with that woman in the way she butted in, as I almost hated to think what Michael thought about the way that was handled. A small word in the crew member (who did a fantastic job of introducing the guests!!) to assist in winding it down surely would have sufficed)

This was my one main irritation about the whole weekend, as I thought the whole event went really well both days.

To anyone who crewed on Saturday morning and were responsible for handing out VT's, I would like to go on record by saying you all did a great job, I can only imagine what you thought of the stampede you saw coming towards you(especially I suspect for Shanks/Judge)

Will post more once I've slept, got 8 hours sleep over the whole weekend!

The whole weekend was awesome but my hightlights were definatly:

Meeting Andy Serkis as he chatted to me for ages about King Kong and then whispered in Gollum voice in my ear, although after that I went a bit giggly! :rolleyes:

Danny John Jules - We were in the Andy queue and my mate was taking pix of Danny and he was like.. "Oi, dont take pix of me from Andy's queue, you traitor!!" And he then kept that joke up when we met him straight after saying "Dont come here now after you met Andy fist.. are you Red Dwarf fans or LOTR fans??" :D and also in the Red Dwarf talk. He also said I'd even come in King Kong costume!! (I was wearing a black jacket with a furry collar!!), pointed it out to Andy and he said, "Yeah, nice gorilla outfit!!" I then managed to go very red :blush: which Danny and Andy found hilarious!! Both great guys and soooooo funny!

The Red Dwarf talk - Very funny! Loved seeing Robert doing Kryten's funny walk!!

Andy Serkis talk - Shame it wasn't longer.

Meeting Michael Shanks :wub:

Getting completely wrecked in the Hard Rock Cafe Sat night!! Rock on!!!! ;)

John Rhys Davies was such a legend.

i cant believe there was absolutely nobody waiting to see him at various points throughout sunday afternoon. so i took this chance upon myself to talk to him numerous times. he seemed so polite and happy to be there. we ended up talking about wales where i live, cars, jobs, family, birthdays, alcohol and girls..i think he's a secret pimp as he told me to go out there and pull as many girls as possible ;)

ray park was an ace guy also. he actually remembered me from the day previous and was more than happy to have his picture taken with me. was awesome to finally meet him...he also told me he was meant to be in X-Men2 to fight Nightcrawler but they cancelled that idea at the last minute...how gutting because he was the only decent fighter in X-Men 1 anyways!

~J

John Rhys Davies was such a legend.

i cant believe there was absolutely nobody waiting to see him at various points throughout sunday afternoon. so i took this chance upon myself to talk to him numerous times. he seemed so polite and happy to be there. we ended up talking about wales where i live, cars, jobs, family, birthdays, alcohol and girls..i think he's a secret pimp as he told me to go out there and pull as many girls as possible ;)

925207[/snapback]

Yeah John is a great guy. At first i didn't think he was anything special, but he's actually more intersting than all the other guests put together. Had a quick chat about pikemen in Alexander the Great's army (had no idea what he was talking about though :rolleyes:) and gave him his complimentary pack of candy. He was very, kind, polite and curtius throughout, and said he hoped to see me again in future (probably the standard farewell for everyone). Now I think John is awseome, defintately hope to see him again in future.

I only really went to the show to keep my sister company and look after her stuff when she met guests, but I decided to get Stanislav's auto while I was there.

He was nice, if a little taken aback by the group of fangirls who went before me. I asked how the day had been going so far, had it been a bit crazy? And he admitted it had been a little! But he's new to events like this, and he was polite and pleasant, added Krum to the auto when I asked, and posed for a pic. He wouldn't say what he was working on at the moment though - he said I'd have to wait and see! :blush:

His hand was nice and warm - mine was frozen!;)

An unexpected pleasure was meeting Jorge Garcia on the way back from his lunch break or something - I turned round from looking at a stall and he was walking past with his security people behind! But my mouth bypassed my brain and I said "Hey, Hurley!" :wub: and shook his hand, and he stopped and said hi and asked how I was doing before he was ushered back to his table. He was cool, and didn't seem to mind I called him Hurley :rolleyes:D'oh!!!

Highlight of the weekend: meeting Andy Serkis!! The man’s a diamond, he’s absolutely lovely ;) He had been really busy all day (Sat) and I was one of the later tickets; but he was just as genuine, enthusiastic and relaxed with everyone as he had been first thing, and he remembered me from a previous event- yay!! We chatted about my work experience (it was actually relevant, honest!), him seeing the gorillas at Karasoke, and the scene from the Kong mini poster he signed for me (Kong and Ann’s reunion in Manhattan) It was a shame they weren’t allowing posed photos when I went up; but by the end when there was an open queue I was hovering about trying to get a photo; and there was a gap for a few moments in the queue, and he happened to look over at me so I sort of grinned and raised the camera questioningly and he gave me a big smile so hopefully I should have a really nice photo! :rolleyes:

:blush: very happy bunny! :wub:

Recieving my prize from John Rhys Davies, I knew he was a nice guy, but he really is a star.

Shane Rangi, What a guy, screw walking round, he just jumped over the tables, he was really a nice guy, taking time to talk.

Veronica Taylor was really sweet, and she done the voice, she hid her face but still.

ANdy Serkis Talk, really really good.

Robert Llwellyn was really nice,

theres just too much to write, had a really good

Now I think I better sleep I have been awake for a little over 20 hours. Thats sooooo long for me!

JA

;)

OOooh, so many highlights!

Definitely meeting Tolga was fantastic - he is such a great guy, really friendly and sweet. (By the way, he says his character was called Vladimir Kradowsky - spread the word! Make it fanon!)

The Stargate talk was wicked too. I hope we didn't offend Chris too much with the question about his voice... we went to apologise after because we really didn't mean it to sound like a bad thing...

The BSG talk was class! So funny!