CSI - Break Room

surfy_sah

hey james how ya doing! cool AV! :D

yes Steve it's become dessolate in here :( but ya know if you're checking and there's no posts to read the next person won't have anything to reply to unless you post so ;);)

on a different note, had to take my housemate to a&e last night, oh the joys of a Friday night in a&e :blink: being student nurses kinda paid off though the F grade was very nice to us heh :lol: hopefully they'll let him come home today *crosses fingers*

right where else can I post...! :D

Luv sah xx

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I bet you all have to have tons of grades for these cushy jobs overnight getting to do nothing :D

BTW that was a week and a half without any new posts until this morning!

(Smaug here, I'm at Toady's place I just can't be bothered signing her out and me in. Heh)

Actually I failed most of my A-Levels and I never went to University. That's why I do nothing but laugh at people who go to University. Because I know I can get awesome well paid jobs with out degree's. :firedevil: *smug*

And enough of that. I think I'm inadvertently watching the first ever episode of Star Trek : Next Generation. This is so funny.

Okies, I've rambled. Going now!!

Actually I failed most of my A-Levels and I never went to University. That's why I do nothing but laugh at people who go to University. Because I know I can get awesome well paid jobs with out degree's. :wub: *smug*

I never even got to A-levels level :wub:

The first season of TNG is funny..

They're retarded. And jobs these days, employers look for experience, any qualitfications are bonuses.

Obviously it makes sense that certain jobs require people to be truely (and anally) qualified but the majority don't.

Regarding experience..Tesco's..least my one..if you have any previous experience with shop work, then they DONT tend to employ you, as apparently they like to train people from scratch and dont want them knowing ways that other shops use to confuse them..or something..for checkouts at least..

And coming to think of it, dont think they even bother with any qualifications except for Managers jobs..suppose they cant really given they employ people still in school and doing GCSE's..

this be all verrrrry fascinating :YAHOO:

personally GCSEs took me to A-levels which took me to uni which will give me a nursing degree :thumbup: though you could have BTECs and other things but then you might just have a diploma and what's the point in having a diploma when you can have a degree? :blink:

in other news :chair: I'm off to the hosp tomoz to donate blood woooo saving lives!!! :blush: but then I can't go to the gym :smile: grrr but woooo going to see Pirates again :headscratch: Johnny :unsure:

Luv sah xx

a degree is a higher, and therefore better, qualification :poki:

not able to give blood today as they had too many peeps! so off tomoz yey :poki: here's hoping my blood doesn't think it's anaemic like has happened previously cuh that finger stab to test iron levels is worse than the giant blood-taking needle!!! :firedevil::poki:

Luv sah xx

that finger stab to test iron levels is worse than the giant blood-taking needle!!! :firedevil::poki:

And how many jobs ask for a degree :poki:

*shudders and goes pale*

Heard the horror stories about those needles..I refuse to let even the thin ones anywhere near me so id probably throw up seeing a big one come towards me :poki:

Still, a good way to incapacitate me first is show me blood in person, large amounts of it, and I just curl up and cant move lol...sooo dont like it! Would rather have alcohol running though my veins!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Just saying Hi and adding some info about me... realize I'm a bit late on this one, but figure I'll add it anyways, seems a little rude to know stuff bout you guys when you know nothing about me.

I'm Rachel, will be 20 on October 10 this year. I was born in Atlanta, Ga, lived in various countries but am now splitting my time between Liverpool (for Uni) and Milton Keynes for home. Can't wait to get back to the States though...

I'm studying Forensics, so I tend to get a bit uppity about inaccuracies on the show, but it hasn't stopped me watching yet. I speak a few languages, French, and Swedish being my best, but with a little Spanish and German thrown in there too.

I didn't even know about the show until a couple years ago. Well, I say I didn't know, but it's more a case of hadn't really paid attention. I knew about it from a friend in LA who works for CBS, and often has occasion to be on set. She knows Jorja pretty well, and from stories she tells me, she's an absolutely gorgeous person inside and out. I've always been into Forensics, and when I went to live with my Aunt and Uncle for a while, they got me into the show. I've been quite obsessive ever since. I remember being devestated when all the sacking stuff went on in 2004, but thank God that got sorted... what would I do without my Jorja fix? Lol.

My favorite character on CSI is, unsurprisingly, Sara. I just think she has so many layers and so much passion and depth. Doesn't hurt that she's hot either.

I tend to ship Cath/Sara, but I also quite enjoy Cath/Grissom.

[MUSIC]

HANSON! I'm a Hanson freak, love them to death.

[FILMS]

Memento, Velocity Trap, Hungry Batchelor's Club, Chance, Mulholland Drive, Lovers Liars and Lunatics, Species... pretty much anything with either Jorja, Amber Benson or Marg in really...

[HOBBIES/INTEREST]

Forensics! Football - I'm a Liverpool FC Season Ticket Holder, kills my bank balance, fills my heart! Reading, Writing, Film, Theme Parks, French, Swedish (I love speaking that language) and traveling.

[DRINKS]

Coca Cola... and only Coca Cola... well, and water too.

[i'D LIKE TO MEET]

Jorja Fox (working on it) Amber Benson (again) Steven Gerrard (properly, have seen him in passing, but would love to talk to him for a while), Hanson.

[TELEVISION]

CSI (Vegas only); Buffy; Angel; Friends; Red Dwarf; Men Behaving Badly; Two Pints of LAger and a Packet of Crisps; 8 Simple Rules; Sugar Rush and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. And all the forensics shows on the discovery channel.

[HEROES]

Jorja Fox, Amber Benson, Henry Lee, Z. Erzinclioglu, H.L. MacDonell and S.H. James. Oh and Joss Whedon, kinda...

[PICTURES]

Me on a horse in Sweden a couple years ago...

passpic4.jpg

Edited by abrules

croeso i CSI section!

(that's Welsh for welcome ;))

great to have a fresh face and thanks for the posting and taking the time to tell us a bit about yourself :WAVE: sure you're very happe with the oppurtunity to get to meet Amber at C10, should be good! and, hey, another Jorja Fox fan is always good! :crying: (not surprising you like Memento hehe!)

studying forensics is totaly wicked! I'm a student nurse but if I could do something else, it would be forensics or crime scene science, something like that :wub: I know what you mean about inaccuracies, me and my housemates get the same thing if Casualty or ER is on!! :D and in one recent-ish CSI ep when Sofia(?) was performing CPR while the vic lay on the bed - wtf? :D

State-sider hey? nice one! although what state is GA? :dance: that's so cool you getting the best of both - to be in UK and the US, totally cool! I wanna go back to the States... when some one will come on hols with me!! that's so wicked so you have a friend that works for CBS! awesome! LOL!

*waves* hey Steve!

Luv sah xx

Mmm..fresh meat

Scared now... but thanks for the welcome

Lol no need to be scared :) We're all armharmless here..:jason::crying:

:WAVE:

State-sider hey? nice one! although what state is GA? :dance: that's so cool you getting the best of both - to be in UK and the US, totally cool! I wanna go back to the States... when some one will come on hols with me!! that's so wicked so you have a friend that works for CBS! awesome! LOL!

Georgia

I actually have a passport now, so when all the events die down I might get to go places! ;)

Been threatening my friend in Ohio I might show up at his sometime next year hehe..Still wanna go to NY myself though, and oddly since watching CSI Miami, ive had a slight urge to go to Miami, though only slight because it looks too hot for my liking :D

Hmm..thats now Ohio, New York, Miami, Las Vegas, San Fransisco and Vancouver Id like to visit over there..furthest west ive been..Dublin :D

*waves* hey Steve!

*Waves back* hiya! :wub:

Duh..there I was trying to keep things CSI related too and didnt notice this was the break room thread..thats what a day in the sun does to me! hehe

Edited by crippsy_99

I've done NY and San Fran (twice :wub:) but def wanna go bac to NY and LA! me and Rach almost did a mini CSI tour (NY and LV) but it didn't work out ;) but you can actually book package hols that do NY LV and Miami in one trip, how awesome! :WAVE: me wants to do it! just need about £800 plus spending money :crying:

what du mean another day in the sun?! :dance: or did you have to do trolleys today? :D

Luv sah xx

ps-you might wanna edit prev post, jason smiley requires spaces :D

Ooo look at you showing off with your travelling exploits :P

Milton Keynes has apparently been classed as the most exotic place ive been in recent years, just ahead of Bognor Regis :D

Yeah was on trolleys again today..stupid trolley boy went and got Whiplash last night so he doesnt have to do them for a while, and if im around, usually means its me covering grr!

Got though 4 bottles of water today though, thats a lot for me at work!!

so you have a friend that works for CBS! awesome

Well, an online friend. Never actually met her, so I'm trusting that she's telling the truth Lol. She seems to have a load of info, so I'm going with the truth until I get proof otherwise, and I don't think that's gonna happen.

State-sider hey? nice one! although what state is GA?

Not so much anymore... :P

to be in UK and the US

I only wish. I go back quite a lot, but I haven't lived there for a LONG time! Can't wait to go back though. I'd be at college there if I could afford International tuition fees, but alas, I can't. I'm heading home soon as I can though... Ga = Georgia, yeah I'm a redneck :D Everyone teases me about that (so figured I'd get it out the way myself), even though I long ago lost the accent. Unless I've been spending too much time round my cousins who still live out there...

I wanna go back to the States... when some one will come on hols with me

Oh oh! I'd totally come with you if you ever wanted a random holiday companion! Lol. I'm just generally always looking for reasons to head back... NY and San Fran are cool, LV is great, but I was only little when I went. I remember things like the golden crocs at (I think) the Mirage. And the Pina Colada volcano totally exists! Was all happy like "Hey, I BEEN there when that was mentioned in CSI. :) LA rocks, I'm heading back there at Xmas hopefully, to visit my ex, who went to AADA Hollywood last year (it's name has changed since though, and he'll now be going to AADA Los Angeles... B) Doesn't sound so cool, huh?)

Thats true about tescos? I've applied afew times there and got nothing. :smile: altho i do have a job but will be leaving due to me going on holiday at a time when i'm not allowed to. I hate Clarks.

But yay for my holiday, cos Im going to L.A and travelling to Las Vegas and SanFrancisco also, which should be fun. Like crisspy the furthest west Ive been is Dublin, in fact Ive never been abroad or on a plane, so a 10 hour flight should interesting!lol

Welcome Rachel, I'm so jealous of you being american, im jealous of anyone whos american, cos it seems so much cooler than here. I'll find out soon!

I am mostly a lurker but will on occasion (like now) de-lurk, but now I'm bcak to lurking!

Ive never been on a plane full stop lol, train or coach everywhere for me! I just dont see how people can fly in those metal coffin death traps!! When im by heathrow airport and I see them take off right next to me, I just look at them and think never lol

So If I ever do get the chance to go abroad and cant go by Ocean going cruise liner :huh: I want to be heavily sedated and/or knocked out :wacko::blink:

Not that anyone would actually go anywhere with me lol, was mentioning the idea to a few people over the weekend and they been moaning london is far (and expensive) enough :lol:

Too many phobias me!

As for tescos..if you mean the they dont like employing people with past shop experience, cant remember if I mentioned it before, but 4-5 times I applied, heard about that little thing so didnt put my shop work experience down, and was hired! Of course at 18 I could get away with it (not having past jobs), some people its not so easy to cover up!

I'm so jealous of you being american, im jealous of anyone whos american, cos it seems so much cooler than here.

I remember it as so much cooler, but it's been a while since I lived there. I love going back though, it just feels more home-y, wherever in the States I go. Which is probably strange considering it's so huge and I only lived in Georgia! Hope you enjoy your visit! I'm sure people will try to make you feel at home and be ever so friendly, and you'll love it so much you'll never want to go home... Just my opinion...

• 1 month later...

I cant find/remember which thread the pics and talk of various csi posters around is, so have to post it in here..

Theres one up now on a billboard in cardiff..took a photo, but camera took too long to focus as the bus went past which is why its so small..sorry about the pic size, but have to do it full size or you wont see the actual ad lol

003cfhpz.jpg