CSI - Break Room

surfy_sah

Wow I freezed my bottom off. New England is cold this time of year children!

Went to Springfield, Boston, Salem, Fall River, Cape Cod, Rhode Island... etc etc etc.

COLD.

And I come home wanting some English weather and IT'S SNOWING. Well, gee thanks.

Mind you Sat was bloody hot, 60F! Nice day for travelling!

I got a numb bum though from travelling all the time towards last week though. Sigh.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not jelous at all Rach :lol: wahooo bdays! lol

yes STUPID internet explorer the other day CRASHED on me when I'd written out this huge part 2 reply post and even though I c&p everything before it FINALLY (half hour later) closed all the windows and let me back in, it then wouldn't paste so I lost all my post :P:(

still don't have energy to type it all out again (can't mem it of course lol) but it was about Caz's diet etc heh :lol: do have the intention of going to the gym today, gotta enroll as it were, but dunno if I'll make it seeing as I've been saying it for a week!! :( mind you I made the effort Friday to trek round the area and actually find the place and get the forms.... now just dunno where I put them!!! :D

have good day peeps!

wish me luck moving my butt LOL!

Luv sah xx

Does having pea and ham soup and a baguette (plain, and dipped in the soup) count for healthyish food? :wub: Thats my healthy eating for the day if it is healthy lol

Anyway, change of subject a min (can always go back to healthy eating later ;) ), gebes sent this to me last night, and asked me to post it for him in here as he cant post pics.

001w5tat.jpg

cool stuff!!!! hehe!

oooow go me!

I MADE IT TO THE GYM!!!

did work out for bout hour n half... then worked out I'd burnt off the pasta I'd had for brunch :blink: gah! not to mention that I'd also eaten 2 crumpets, 5 mini tomartos, 2 mushrooms and a carrot with dip in total before going! :P

anyways am gunna make an effort to reconstruct what I tried to post the other day...

Caz I am impressed with your dieting! you certainly looked skinny at GMEX! :P couldn't eat that for breaky every day though, no way would be able to cook it in a student house or that I could eat that much when get up :D the no fruit bit is worrying, how does one consume 5f/v per day if one can't have fruit?! :P I'm sure you'll say have 5veg with dinner but there aren't thaaaat many veg I like :D congrats though! I'm hoping can just change what I eat on a small scale and going to gym will have simular affect, just more long term B)

Steve eating before the bed is possibly THE worst thing you could do! th calories litterally just sit there then! not that you're moving your butt anyways but still! I suppose it's not so bad as you tend to crash in the wee hours but it could make a difference if you get outta that habbit!

right, enough said :D on to next...!

Luv sah xx

Caz I am impressed with your dieting! you certainly looked skinny at GMEX! :( couldn't eat that for breaky every day though, no way would be able to cook it in a student house or that I could eat that much when get up  :P  the no fruit bit is worrying, how does one consume 5f/v per day if one can't have fruit?! :blink:  I'm sure you'll say have 5veg with dinner but there aren't thaaaat many veg I like :P congrats though! I'm hoping can just change what I eat on a small scale and going to gym will have simular affect, just more long term  ^_^

938139[/snapback]

Have lots of carrots to eat XD and brocoli and cauliflower and mushrooms and cabbage and lettecue and you can have cucumber and tomato XP XD see it's very possible lol

I've lost a bit more since then and hoepfully will be down a bit more before c9 sunday when i shall breifly make an appearance XD

Steve - if you eat at about 7pm then go for a walk for about half an hour, that will seriously increase your metabolism and help to drop a bit of weight - your metabolism increases to the rate that you walked at for something like 12 hours, it doesn't mean you want to eat more but your body uses up more energy and breaks down fat deposits

the no fruit bit is worrying, how does one consume 5f/v per day if one can't have fruit?! :headscratch:  I'm sure you'll say have 5veg with dinner but there aren't thaaaat many veg I like

I never eat fruit or veg, except potatoes, and perhaps once a month a carrot or two any maybe some mushy peas when the opportunity presents itself..dont actually see what the point in fruit and veg is lol, do they actually do anything except taste horrible? Though, oddly, I like most fruit juices, but cant stand the actual fruit itself! Come to think of it, cant remember the last time I had any actual fruit! Yes..been told im odd many times :lol:

Steve eating before the bed is possibly THE worst thing you could do! th calories litterally just sit there then!

My eating habits are odd though, mostly because of work (or I dont get up if ive got the day off :lol: ) I eat dinner/lunch about 4-5pm, and get tea about 9-10, or a couple of times over the last week ive not been getting around to eating until after midnight! If its pretty much the same routine, wouldnt my body get used to it?

If I dont eat before bed, I feel really bad and weak the next day when its time to get up :(

I also have no willpower to stop myself snacking :lol:

Steve - if you eat at about 7pm then go for a walk for about half an hour, that will seriously increase your metabolism and help to drop a bit of weight - your metabolism increases to the rate that you walked at for something like 12 hours, it doesn't mean you want to eat more but your body uses up more energy and breaks down fat deposits

Was wondering for a second why walking for half hour would make it increase to act like it had been more like 12 or there about, but then after reading it slowly I got what you meant :lol:

Does that only work after eating? or anytime, say a few hours later? When I do tend to eat, im usually busy afterwards to go out for a walk anywhere.

Besides, at the moment its dark, cold and wet :P Roll on summer! B)

Edited by crippsy_99

as I said Caz, not many fruit/veg that I like and these include brocoli, cauliflower, cabbage, lettace, cucumber, swede...! :D:P

normally have cereal with grapes and banana for breaky, walk 30/40mins to uni then at lunch have apple, some form of carbohydrate for energy, and some water with maybe another piece of fruit then when I get in mini tomartos, a carrot and 2mushrooms with some dip for flavour to supplement my dinner which today was a cheese n ham toastie :wub: , we christened the amazing kitchen device which is the toastie maker!!!!! :D

erm yes gym n poss swimming tomoz and am gunna enter the Race for Life too so will be badgering you all for sponcership :D hehe!!! ^_^

Luv sah xx

am gunna enter the Race for Life 

Im just at the right level of sadness to badger people in work for one of the new race for life t-shirts this year hehe..we're allowed to wear them instead of the normal shirt uniform to promote it, and their blue this year not pink so ive been trying to get my hands on one all week..no luck yet grr :angry:

Went out for a walk tonight, took the dog out..was gone for almost an hour and I only walked around the outside of the village which is only about 2 miles!!

Started off ok, then got to the beach and as it was pitch black and no-one could see me so thought id try a little jog but without embarassing myself (people always laugh at me when I 'run' for busses :()..got all of about 50 yards before almost collapsing :blink:Note to self: Give up anything faster than walking before you even start! :rolleyes::lol:

Didnt help that the coming back to my house is up a hill, im totally knackered now! :lol::pyth:

well done! we all gotta "help" each other through this, motivate n all!

as the saying goes, literally though in this case! :rolleyes:

"don't run before you can walk! !!

like me at the gym, you gotta build it up! with your walking start by going every other day then every day then a bit of a run down the beach, dogs like that, don't they? :blink: hopefully soon-ish you should be able to go up the hill without getting outta breath or being knackered!

tis like on the treadmil last night, it's got different settings n stuff so I started off on 4 then worked up to 5.5-6ish and after a few times at that pace I'll be working my way up gradually, ya know? :pyth:

anyways anyone wanna jump in here? :angry:

Luv sah xx

like me at the gym, you gotta build it up! with your walking start by going every other day then every day then a bit of a run down the beach, dogs like that, don't they? :angry: hopefully soon-ish you should be able to go up the hill without getting outta breath or being knackered!

Not mine lol, she's old and getting on now, silly thing actually lags way behind me unless I stop and let her catch up when just walking! :blink:

Prob the end of my walking now until at least next week :pyth: Tomorrow i'll be walking around cardiff and home etc, but fri, sat and sun im always too knackered to do anything after work, and if I dont work, I dont bother to get full dressed..next time im prob likely to make it out for a walk, wednesday lol!

Once a weeks a start right? :rolleyes:

PS 500'th user post woohoo!

Edited by crippsy_99

Need to go out running, but damnit if I don't walk 4 miles a day, shouldn't that be enough!!

I should start running it then. But I don't want to look like a bosom running home on a morning from work. I'd rather run around the moor out back. Crapola.

Righty, talking of work, I have to get ready for it.

Just wondering if anyone is still interested in my Lost dvd (region1) £18, never watched, cos my player doesn't do region 1's! ^_^

I know i posted this a while back, but just to bring it up again, i would post it on ebay but don't have a sellers account, and won't get one.

cheers.

*Kim*

Tru - I'm sure I posted, somewhere way back when!!!! :P that I was semi-interested! hehe! but it's cool, I got the eps ripped by some one off E4 and that'll do for now as I haven't even managed to see them all yet :o

are you coming to C9? you guys could exchange then and save on postage :P

Steve - any chance you could get me on? to actually wear when I "race?" :wub: hehe!

after all the crap I ate this weekend, I've gtg to the gym later!... if I have the energy ^_^ also need to get my hands on high-fiber foods :P should probs investigate that later...

woooo CSI TOMOZ! ^_^ it's come round really quick considering it was TBC and it always drags!!

Luv sah xx

Steve - any chance you could get me on? to actually wear when I "race?"  :rolleyes:  hehe!

Dont you get them in your race for life reg packs? Talking of which, apparently 'normal' people have to pay a reg fee, but tescos staff dont, so if your other friend who works for them isnt doing it, you could see if she could register in your name or something and you'd not have to pay :lol:

Large or Extra Large? Thats all we had as far as I saw, and I appear to be one of only a few people who actually took an extra large lol so a large would prob be ok for you?

Will see whats left when im in on wednesday..day off tomorrow finally!! First tuesday off for about 2 months!!

no I don't think so! I got as far as giving my card details using the online registration form and I already went past the "buy our expensive merchandise" page :o what does one use to reg as a Tesco member then? cause I still got my knife and clock in card upstairs ;) (am in Swansea)

I was joking mind but hey if you can get me one...! :D I'll take a Large please! cheers muchly!

wahooo for days off! I have lectures on Thursday and other than that haven't been to lecs since last Tuesday :o though it hasn't felt like a holiday or anything with being away from Cardiff on the weekend and now and all the other stuff :P

woooo time to make some porridge :P

Luv sah xx