did you hear a big bang at 6.00 am ?

showmasters

Blimey well you keep safe and keep your windows and doors shut, just in case. We are keeping an eye on the weather to see if the wind changes overnight. If it does then we might be in the same postion your in now.

if you can though do try and get your piccies online, I'd love to see them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will do i have tried to send them to my email addy but nothing has come through yet not done it before so maybe i am doing it wrong!!!

btw my mum is in ampthill in bedfordshire and she says she can smell it

hope it doesnt come your way

This is a picture my cousin took from his house in Watford

DSC01293.jpg

903339[/snapback]

wow it looks like they are just round the corner doesnt it, scary!!

my photos are just of smoke really nothing like that but for some reason i cant get them from my moby on here grrrrrr

Yeah I live nearby in Borehamwood and woke up at 6 too though at the time I just figured I'd simply woken up normally as sometimes I wake up at 6 at weekends thinking its a school day...

There's thick black smoke moving across my house atm and I'm abit worried because I just let my cat out before I heard about what had happened...

:D

903067[/snapback]

Hope your cat is alright, 'I love Spike'. Recantly one of my cats died:(, after we had our microwave catch fire.

He was sitting next to it and probably breahed in a lot of the smoke.

Not woken at all, no smoke our way so far as the wind has been souhwards. I live near Wellingborough.

Whats with jason and bombs? Does he own a firework warehouse? I know there is one near J13 of the M1.

Find it amazing how the explosion was heard as far as France, Belgium and the Netherlands..yet we heard nothing up here near birmingham.. :blink:

werid  :unsure:

903465[/snapback]

I heard it in West Yorkshire

903480[/snapback]

I didnt hear it, although when i got up that afternoon i felt like something bad had happened! :P

Yeah I live nearby in Borehamwood and woke up at 6 too though at the time I just figured I'd simply woken up normally as sometimes I wake up at 6 at weekends thinking its a school day...

There's thick black smoke moving across my house atm and I'm abit worried because I just let my cat out before I heard about what had happened...

:unsure:

903067[/snapback]

Hope your cat is alright, 'I love Spike'. Recantly one of my cats died:(, after we had our microwave catch fire.

Not woken at all, no smoke our way so far as the wind has been souhwards. I live near Wellingborough.

Whats with jason and bombs? Does he own a firework warehouse? I know there is one near J13 of the M1.

903447[/snapback]

Well I dont know if hes got bombs any more but I do remeber the story of moving live bombs to a field..

A

:wub:

903067[/snapback]

903447[/snapback]

Yeah she seems to be fine... came back in late last night and I haven't let her out all day.

Aww sorry to hear about your cat :lol: hmmm pets you gotta love em but they cause alot of worry sometimes!

Find it amazing how the explosion was heard as far as France, Belgium and the Netherlands..yet we heard nothing up here near birmingham.. :wub:

werid  :o

903465[/snapback]

Not that weird. Head east from the explosion and you've got what? The Fens/East Anglia, the Channel/southern North Sea, and then the Netherlands and coastal Belgium and France, the whole lot as flat as a pancake. That sound wave just rolls right across.

Head west to Birmingham and you've got a heck of a lot of hills and valleys (and to a lesser extent, trees) which will muffle, deflect and absorb the sound.

And that's before any meteorologist starts going on about any prevailing wind or pressure fronts that may have had an effect ("blah blah blah inversion effect blah blah")

:huh:

yeh but someone said earlier they heard it in west yorkshire  ;)

903602[/snapback]

That was actually the sound of Chopper Wainwright, kitman of the Bradford Northern Veterans Rugby League 2nd XIII, "recovering" from Saturday night (9 pints of Theakstons' Old Peculier and the "beltbuster special meal deal" at the Star Of Bradford Tandoori).

Be interesting to know what time they heard it in West Yorkshire.

And now, as they say in those w@nky shampoo ads, "here's the science":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4521232.stm

yeh but someone said earlier they heard it in west yorkshire  :D

903602[/snapback]

That was actually the sound of Chopper Wainwright, kitman of the Bradford Northern Veterans Rugby League 2nd XIII, "recovering" from Saturday night (9 pints of Theakstons' Old Peculier and the "beltbuster special meal deal" at the Star Of Bradford Tandoori).

Be interesting to know what time they heard it in West Yorkshire.

And now, as they say in those w@nky shampoo ads, "here's the science":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4521232.stm

903856[/snapback]

could have been the world famous Bradford curry lol

Bad taste alert but...

Police have today admitted that George Best was not in fact buried in

Belfast last week and that in retrospect the decision to cremate him in

Hemel Hempstead on Sunday morning might have been a mistake.

903888[/snapback]

:(:wub: Hu?.. :cylon::D

Edited by Cher2a

Now that the fire is out, did they ever find out what was in Tank No.7? On the news on Monday, it was THE topic of discussion!

Paul