Best and Worst signers

Lucas H

Hey everyone:

Just wanna know who you guys consider to be the best and worst when it comes to signing autographs.There is actually an American magazine that publishes an annual top 10 list.In 2005,the number 1 best was Johnny Depp and Britney was the worst.

Here are some of mine:

BEST :P

JOHNNY DEPP (I've seen him argue with security because he wanted to come over and sign!)

MIKE MYERS:saw him 3 days in a row,there were about 30 people each day and he signed each time,signing as many things as you had and writing things like 'Groovy Baby' if you asked him, and posing for pictures with everyone.

JON VOIGHT:always charming,just like his daughter although I've noticed shes not quite as friendly as she used to be,otherwise she'd be on this list.

CHRISTIAN SLATER:when he was doing theatre in London,he signed every single day for 4 months,going in AND coming out,as well as in between matinees.

TOM CRUISE:even though he will only sign at premieres and generally nowhere else,he spends so much time at each event that its obvious he loves his fans.

DENNIS HOPPER:a true legend and I've seen him sign about 10 items at least for one person without making a single negative comment.

NICOLAS CAGE:may not be the chattiest of people but every time I've seen him he's always been happy to sign.

SIGOURNEY WEAVER:my favourite living actress,I'd heard negative things about her but I met her last year in America and she couldn't have been nicer.

WORST :wub:

TOBEY MAGUIRE:doesn't sign photos or anything like that,and when he does 'sign' its so bad you can hardly call it a signature.

BRENDAN FRASER:rude and unpleasant.

HALLE BERRY:she'll only sign when the cameras are on her,and even then you can tell she can't wait to get away by the look on her face.

NICOLE KIDMAN:same as above.

CAMERON DIAZ:don't even get me started.

MICHAEL KEATON:one of the rudest,most ignorant people I've ever met.Saw him in July,there were just 2 of us at his hotel and he just ignored us leaving and coming back.At Herbie premiere he signed very few and the day before he wouldn't sign any Batman or Beetlejuice shots.

ELIJAH WOOD:people go on about how nice he is,but I've seen him at least 10 times and (apart from once) he's just ignored everyone each time.He even snuck in the side at his own premiere.Who does that?!Waited until 1.30 in the morning for him when he was in London for Green Street,there were about 5 of us,we walked right up to him but he would not sign a thing.The only time I ever got him he was nice...and guess where that was?!

Anyway I wanna hear some more of other peoples views on the best and worst before I add some more.

Edited by Lucas H

Hey everyone:

Just wanna know who you guys consider to be the best and worst when it comes to signing autographs.There is actually an American magazine that publishes an annual top 10 list.In 2005,the number 1 best was Johnny Depp and Britney was the worst.

Here are some of mine:

BEST    :(

JOHNNY DEPP (I've seen him argue with security because he wanted to come over and sign!)

MIKE MYERS:saw him 3 days in a row,there were about 30 people each day and he signed each time,signing as many things as you had and writing things like 'Groovy Baby' if you asked him, and posing for pictures with everyone.

JON VOIGHT:always charming,just like his daughter although I've noticed shes not quite as friendly as she used to be,otherwise she'd be on this list.

CHRISTIAN SLATER:when he was doing theatre in London,he signed every single day for 4 months,going in AND coming out,as well as in between matinees.

TOM CRUISE:even though he will only sign at premieres and generally nowhere else,he spends so much time at each event that its obvious he loves his fans.

DENNIS HOPPER:a true legend and I've seen him sign about 10 items at least for one person without making a single negative comment.

NICOLAS CAGE:may not be the chattiest of people but every time I've seen him he's always been happy to sign.

SIGOURNEY WEAVER:my favourite living actress,I'd heard negative things about her but I met her last year in America and she couldn't have been nicer.

WORST :o 

TOBEY MAGUIRE:doesn't sign photos or anything like that,and when he does 'sign' its so bad you can hardly call it a signature.

BRENDAN FRASER:rude and unpleasant.

HALLE BERRY:she'll only sign when the cameras are on her,and even then you can tell she can't wait to get away by the look on her face.

NICOLE KIDMAN:same as above.

CAMERON DIAZ:don't even get me started.

MICHAEL KEATON:one of the rudest,most ignorant people I've ever met.Saw him in July,there were just 2 of us at his hotel and he just ignored us leaving and coming back.At Herbie premiere he signed very few and the day before he wouldn't sign any Batman or Beetlejuice shots.

ELIJAH WOOD:people go on about how nice he is,but I've seen him at least 10 times and (apart from once) he's just ignored everyone each time.He even snuck in the side at his own premiere.Who does that?!Waited until 1.30 in the morning for him when he was in London for Green Street,there were about 5 of us,we walked right up to him but he would not sign a thing.The only time I ever got him he was nice...and guess where that was?!

Anyway I wanna hear some more of other peoples views on the best and worst before I add some more.

882248[/snapback]

Johnny - even argues with Jerry so he can sign for DEALERS - what a gent!!!

Elijah - Absolutely lovely to me - got 2 autos from him and a piccie and a hug! And that was at the Green Street London prem..

Other great signers are Bono (but you knew I was gonna say that didnt you??), Joss Whedon, Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Mackenzie Crook but i have to agree with you and say that the best is Johnny, without a doubt! :)

• Moderators

I'd be disappointed if someone didn't sign at a premiere or at a stage door because that's a usual occurance, but I wouldn't get annoyed if someone didn't want to sign at a hotel cuz that's more their private life :o

I'd be disappointed if someone didn't sign at a premiere or at a stage door because that's a usual occurance, but I wouldn't get annoyed if someone didn't want to sign at a hotel cuz that's more their private life  :o

882281[/snapback]

Yuhu!!!

Billy Boyd is really really nice :unsure: Wariwick Davies is ALLWAYS up for a good ol chat even if theres a long que for him ^_^

882340[/snapback]

That's WARWICK DAVIS, thankyou very much :D Spell it right, girl! :wub::rolleyes:

And actually, he was in a bit of a mood when I saw him last, at the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy DVD Signing in London. He was talking to the other actors, saying that "these will probably all be on eBay tonight", but I got a personalisation from the Director - he was nice - and Author Dent said he's glad I enjoyed the film, and I told him to have a nice day B) Unfortunately, I said hello to Warwick (by name!), and he looked up for a second, and then just signed the DVD and passed it on. No icknoledgement (sp, I knoooow) at all! ^_^ SO unlike him! :P

Edited by Cher2a

Billy Boyd is really really nice :P Wariwick Davies is ALLWAYS up for a good ol chat even if theres a long que for him ;)

882340[/snapback]

That's WARWICK DAVIS, thankyou very much :P Spell it right, girl! :D :D

And actually, he was in a bit of a mood when I saw him last, at the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy DVD Signing in London. He was talking to the other actors, saying that "these will probably all be on eBay tonight", but I got a personalisation from the Director - he was nice - and Author Dent said he's glad I enjoyed the film, and I told him to have a nice day :( Unfortunately, I said hello to Warwick (by name!), and he looked up for a second, and then just signed the DVD and passed it on. No icknoledgement (sp, I knoooow) at all! :o SO unlike him! :(

882345[/snapback]

That's ARTHUR DENT!!!

Spell it right dudette! :P

Best signer for me must be Elizabeth Sladen(Sarah Jane from Doctor Who) as she is rather fond of my brother and I and remembers us every time we meet! She wanted us to come over and talk even if we weren't getting autographs, and we have become quite friendly! ^_^

why do I keep misreading the title of this topic as 'singers'?

"wow, there's a new topic on this board and it seems pretty popular... oh, wait."

:D

882967[/snapback]

BECAUSE IT DOOOOEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

I swear it does. Every time I come on here i read :"best and worst SINGERS" and im then shown a thread about signers.........i cry lots then :D