RAB?

Spikesbird

Who does everyone think RAB is?

I think most people believe it is Regulus 'Alpard' Black.

Do you think it could possibly be a nickname for someone rather than an actual name?

I thought it it might be Rodolphus and Bellatrix (Lestrange) or even Rabastan Lestrange using the first few letters of his name. I know this is unlikely, as I cannot image why they would want to steal the locket.

What does everyone else think?

Amanda

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going with regulus.

i dont think JK confirmed it as such but when she was asked about it she gave a knowing smaile and said "that is a very good guess. yes a good guess."

or something of that effect. its in the mugglenet interview

=x=

im going with regulus.

i dont think JK confirmed it as such but when she was asked about it she gave a knowing smaile and said "that is a very good guess. yes a good guess."

or something of that effect. its in the mugglenet interview

=x=

That's the interview the people on there were referring to.

Looks like they took that answer as a yes right away. :P

perhaps she didn't think we would think that as Regulus was actually only mentioned for him being the pride and joy of the Blacks and was a death eater

without checking bakc i cant be certain of course but i cant rmeember anyone esle ever being mentioned with those initials. so if JK knew this then it would be obvious we would get to this result eventually. However if she didnt realise he was the only one with those initials then maybe she didnt think it was obvious. There may have been someone else mentioned though but so far no one has come up with anyone else

Im inclined to think so too, it does seem obvious!

2 more thoughts for specualtion....

Surely there would have had to have been 2 people to get the locket originally just as Dumbledore took Harry.

Also the only reason Harry could get in the boat with Dumbledore is because he was underage and not classed as a wizard otherwise the boat would only take 1 person.

That must either mean that whoever accompanied RAB must have been under 17 or a house elf... Kreacher maybe?? Seeing as he was the Black's house elf. This is only if the locket was first taken before Sirius had the house... well it must have been if the locket was already there in OOTP.

It kind of makes sense... what does everyone else think??

Im inclined to think so too, it does seem obvious!

2 more thoughts for specualtion....

Surely there would have had to have been 2 people to get the locket originally just as Dumbledore took Harry.

Also the only reason Harry could get in the boat with Dumbledore is because he was underage and not classed as a wizard otherwise the boat would only take 1 person.

That must either mean that whoever accompanied RAB must have been under 17 or a house elf... Kreacher maybe?? Seeing as he was the Black's house elf. This is only if the locket was first taken before Sirius had the house... well it must have been if the locket was already there in OOTP.

It kind of makes sense... what does everyone else think??

i have been thinking about those things.

i figured that there had to have been two people and i think the second person is still alive today in the way that harry is. but i didnt think about the fact that they would have to be underage to share the boat. Using the lexicon regulus was 19 when he died. not very old... but still of age. Kreature might make sense but if its still an age issue for the boat, hes ancient.... unless whoever went with him had brooms? hmmm?

any guesses on on the second person?

=x=

Who said there had to be two people, maybe there was someone strong enough to drink the potion that was there.

albus was afterall an old man anyways, what if someone younger than him drunk it?

I personally do not think there was ever a younger wizard involved when the original locket was taken.

Who said there had to be two people, maybe there was someone strong enough to drink the potion that was there.

albus was afterall an old man anyways, what if someone younger than him drunk it?

I personally do not think there was ever a younger wizard involved when the original locket was taken.

i suppose you could be right. its so hard to think of DD as a frail old man. he has this elevated position in my mind, one of status... liek if DD couldnt do it.. then no one could. but... liek you said... he was old!

but i still like the idea that there was someone else there. it woudl be cool if that person were alive and it adds a bit of mystery to who it might be.

=x=

I def think it could have been kreacher... hes not a wizard so maybe thats why he could travel in the boat... plus he is/was the Blacks house elf and would have been under orders to do whatever he was told to do (ie. drink the potion, allowing regulus to get the locket painfree)

Regulus obviously knew and had control over Kreacher as he must have lived in Grimmauld place, specially as that was where the locket was found in OOTP... if in fact that was the same locket mentioned.

Edited by Leanne_mk

I def think it could have been kreacher... hes not a wizard so maybe thats why he could travel in the boat... plus he is/was the Blacks house elf and would have been under orders to do whatever he was told to do (ie. drink the potion, allowing regulus to get the locket painfree)

Regulus obviously knew and had control over Kreacher as he must have lived in Grimmauld place, specially as that was where the locket was found in OOTP... if in fact that was the same locket mentioned.

If that was the case then would Dumbledore already being looking into it? They knew the locket was already at the house, so would it not make common sense that they at least look at that locket first?

the s on the locket could be caked in at least 15 years worth of dust and soot and dirt...that they wouldnt really notice.

erm..if they had known that then there would not be no point of the boook being writen like it was.

it would totally have ruined the book to have them find it straight away and also make the last book shorter.

the s on the locket could be caked in at least 15 years worth of dust and soot and dirt...that they wouldnt really notice.

erm..if they had known that then there would not be no point of the boook being writen like it was.

it would totally have ruined the book to have them find it straight away and also make the last book shorter.

plus so what if there was an s on it? the blacks are known to be dark wizards, pure bloods and generally on the slytherin path so it wouldnt be surprising to find a locket with an s, thats if they even linked the 2 things together.

someone mentioned RAB as rubeus, albus, bellatrix. personally, if dumbledore was involved in taking it, i cant see him going on a pointless expedition to find a horcrux he already knew was no longer there.

it would make sense kreacher went, but hey maybe kreacher was made to drink the drink isnetad? we know already because of butterbeer that drinks affect house elves differently to humans so maybe a house elf could drink it and be ok? and it would be very useful that harry is now kreachers master, as he would have to give him all the required information.

of course the downside of kreacher beign involved is that even if regalus swore him to secrecy, he is no longer kreachers master so he surely would have told the malfoys that the locket ahd been taken?