Earl's Court or Wembly ?

dufresne

Which is a better VENUE for LFACC ?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better VENUE for LFACC ?

• Earl's Court
    • Wembley

Public transport, accommodation, catering, surrounding amenities, toilets, cloakrooms.

Personally, I reckon Earl's Court wiped the floor with Wembley. All they need now is more than one ATM .... that doesn't charge you (!) and better pricing for the in-house catering. I'll not hold my breat for these two though .... :jason:

• Moderators

I really liked Earl's Court actually.

Very easy to get there for me.

Good cashpoints .. one in the venue, one just outside, some in the tube station etc ..

TWO high streets within walking distance, plus lots of other shops/cafés/pubs etc on other streets.

Venue itself was good although the lighting was a bit of a problem for cameras. I think that's all I had a problem with, but that's nothing new!

Earls Court. No contest. There are more hotels, better kept facilities, closer shops, larger space, AIR CONDITIONING... The list could go on! Lolz.

I haven't been to a Wembley SM event, but I've been to Wembley for other reasons, and that's how I reached this conclusion. Just so you know.(..)

Earls Court was very nice.

I've been to Wembly quite a few times and it is not a very nice area at all!

I heard a comedian say once "there are that many boarded up windows in Wembly that the local window cleaner uses a sander!" hah! class!

So yeah....Earls Court.

Earls Court was so much nicer in every respect - easier to get to, better internal climate, easier to get around, better facilities, (slightly) better catering and generally a much nicer atmosphere - it's one thing the Showmasters really got right this time.

The cash machine outside has no queue whenever I went past, was very nearby and free to use!

Venue itself was good although the lighting was a bit of a problem for cameras. I think that's all I had a problem with, but that's nothing new!

Seriously? My camera had major issues with the lightning at Wembley.

No problems at all in Earls Court though, even without flash.

Earls Court is far the best venue even though Wembley was easier for me to get to and had free parking

I think it is time for Collectormania to move too Earls Court and out of the shopping mall, as i think if you had the line up of a collectormania in Earls Court you would be the best show in England today.

Earls Court is far the best venue even though Wembley was easier for me to get to and had free parking

I think it is time for Collectormania to move too Earls Court and out of the shopping mall, as i think if you had the line up of a collectormania in Earls Court you would be the best show in England today.

I would like a move away from MK as it has hard to get to, an event as big as CM should be in London where the largest proportion of Britain can get to it easily, I do like the idea of CM being in a Shopping Mall though where anyone can wander up to it, keeps it different from the LFCC and probably more profitable.

Definitely, I think I would stand a far better chance of getting to Collectormania if it was in Earls Court compared to where it is now.

Chim

I liked Wembley. *feels sorry for it* Its populated by Wembles from Wombledon. Cute little things........ :pyth:

but thats because I had a rubbish time with transport and accomodation. *was stuck out in Paddington* And I miss the hotel I went to at the last LFACCs. It was half the price of Paddington, twice the size with better food. :P

OK I'm biased as I live in MK. But I do think it should stay in MK. As others have said it does have it's issues with no being a tailor made event venue but it's still a good venue. The main problem is the general public and I think there are ways of minimising that and I will be talking to SM about it.

It does make it stand out from other events, I've NEVER been to another event that has half the vibe that the MK events have. You go there and there is this whole air of excitement about the place. I love Collectormania where it is, and I think it would loss so much by moving.

Earls Court or Wembly ? Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin
OK I'm biased as I live in MK. But I do think it should stay in MK. As others have said it does have it's issues with no being a tailor made event venue but it's still a good venue. The main problem is the general public and I think there are ways of minimising that and I will be talking to SM about it.

It does make it stand out from other events, I've NEVER been to another event that has half the vibe that the MK events have. You go there and there is this whole air of excitement about the place. I love Collectormania where it is, and I think it would loss so much by moving.

Earls Court or Wembly ? Too Tall

That's why as soon as I realised I'd posted in the wrong thread I deleted it. I meant to post in the moving CM thread in the C8 section. HERE

The problem with having 8 threads open at once :pyth:

Edited by Too Tall

The way I see it, and it's only my opinion, that the actual site at Earls Court is good but in the wrong area. I would like that actual site at Wembley cos getting to Wembley BY CAR is easier than at Earls Court. To do the Earlybird, you can only go by car and the area is NOT signposted properly. Bound to get the stick in the muds replying to this!

• Showmasters Admin

Back on topic though. I did prefer EC to Wemb.

Better toilets, food and drink. OK the food and drink was not great, but it was 100 times better than at Wemb. And at least you knew there was stuff outside if you wanted.

The surrounding area was SO MUCH better. As Wemb there was nothing........................

The hotels in the area were £10-£20 cheaper.

I have to agree with gazzarelli that the sign posting was not great and I think that is something EC should look into in general. I have to admit I was relying on my SAT NAV to get me there.

Edited by Too Tall

Methinks, why not ExCel Centre in the Dockland area, VERY easy to get to, train, car!

Not really possible as another one is held twice a year (notice had to be careful in what i said)

Yes the signposting was crap as I had the ghastly ordeal of going towards the centre of London and caught in a nightmare traffic jam, I don't have Sat nav and had to "follow my nose"! Next time, could the organisers help in arranging adequate directionsif E.C. is a permanent fixture?