Earl's Court or Wembly ?

dufresne

Which is a better VENUE for LFACC ?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better VENUE for LFACC ?

• Earl's Court
    • Wembley

• Showmasters Admin
Next time, could the organisers help in arranging adequate directionsif E.C. is a permanent fixture?

I'll make sure next time there are directions for cars in my ANSWERs thread.

It would help! I must've grown dozens of grey hairs trying to get home as well as nearly having a coronary! Shame Wembley doesnt have the same. Or could ask them to do a Personal personal (deliberate double there!) signing in my home town!!! ^_^

Edited by gazzarelli

I have to agree with gazzarelli that the sign posting was not great and I think that is something EC should look into in general.

Random theory time. Perhaps it's because being in Central London where there are literally hundreds of things of interest, there is a policy of not having signage, as frankly the street furniture would be overwhelming. I'm pretty sure there are no (or very very few) signs for other places of public utility or tourist interest like the Albert Hall, St Paul's, Buckingham Palace etc The whole of London would be hidden behind signs. Coming off the A4 at that point you could conceivably have signs for EC, Chelsea Football Club, the venue for the Chelsea Flower show, several different hospitals, the Queens Club (of tennis fame) and several other places.

And it may be that these places have been there so long that people are considered able to find out where they are themselves or already know (not meant as a dig, incidentally).

I may have sometimes seen temporary signs for EC for things like the Boat Show (can't swear to it though, and anyway that's a huge event taking up both halls for a couple of weeks with a hugely multinational audience), but generally it's never been signposted on my frequent trips through that part of London.

Wembley on the other hand is signposted because it's in the middle of such a soulless cr*phole that without the signs you'd think you'd got lost - "surely they wouldn't put anything as useful/important/famous as the Wembley complex in the middle of a giant industrial park that seems semi-abandoned?" :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

I see your point TommyT. It would just be nice if there was at least ONE sign at the end of the road. I saw nothing until I got there.

As you say though, it's a problem with driving to a London venue. We'll just have to live with it and get good maps.

I see your point TommyT. It would just be nice if there was at least ONE sign at the end of the road. I saw nothing until I got there.

As you say though, it's a problem with driving to a London venue. We'll just have to live with it and get good maps.

And he has to drive with his head out the sun roof, if TT did not see a sign they just are not there :D

I'd have to say Earl's Court beats Wembley hands down - and I live closer to the latter than the former, and normally would prefer to drive than depend on London Transport. Earl's Court is just a much nicer venue all round.