Has the lack of announcements effected you going  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Has the lack of announcements effected you going

• Was going but now not sure
    • Still going, sm will announce great guests soon
    • Not going so dont care
    • Still going but not happy with it so far
    • Was unsure, still unsure

The lack of guest announcements has, and will not affect my decision to go to LFCC3.

I am confident SMs will announce more names when the time is right.

...if I see another one of these 'where are the guests' threads, I will murder somebody. Vanessa Feltz, you have been warned. :angry:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of guest announcements has, and will not affect my decision to go to LFCC3.

...if I see another one of these 'where are the guests' threads, I will murder somebody. Vanessa Feltz, you have been warned. :huh:

Mate I would kill that Makosi off of big brother.

Heres a joke

Whats the difference between Makosi and a trampoline?

I would take my boots off to to jump on the trampoline :angry:

When I went to my first SM event a year or so ago, I thought nothing would ever stop me going for another, however, if the guestlist stays as it is, I definately wont be going, it would take atleast 5-10 more to make me think about coming, but I wouldnt really be satisfied unless it doubled, in numbers not in quality.

:headscratch: has and will not ?

You can understand our frustration though ?

has (so far) and will not (EVEEEEER!) affect my decision to go.

I absolutely understand your frustration, but there's nothing we can do. SMs will announce the names at the right time. For people to be ranting (... like a broken record) about the same thing so fervently, isn't helping anything.

...if I see another one of these 'where are the guests' threads, I will murder somebody. Vanessa Feltz, you have been warned. :huh:

Mate I would kill that Makosi off of big brother.

Heres a joke

Whats the difference between Makosi and a trampoline?

I would take my boots off to to jump on the trampoline :angry:

haha pure class that joke!!!

I voted still going, but not happy. I knew I would go for charisma kate n robert (wow big obsession with him!! :angry: ).

But.... my mum was gona book a hotel for the weekend as its my bday so I could go both days n stuff, but i've told her prob not 2 bother now cos i'm only meeting the 3 and i'll have more than enough time 4 all the shopping!!!

I just hope if any guests r announced, it'll be soon or i'll have no choice in hotel or not!!

It is supposed 2 be the big one, and if SM want more money n more people goin, they'd better announce fast!!

I absolutely understand your frustration, but there's nothing we can do. SMs will announce the names at the right time. For people to be ranting (... like a broken record) about the same thing so fervently, isn't helping anything.

Not moaning like a broken record. I really want to go to the event but can't justify it with the amount of guests announced. Unlike people close to or living in London it's a major financial outlay before some people even get to the event. By the time i get flights and accomodation for 2 it's over £300. Int the past this has been ok because of the amount of guests advertised this close to the event but this time it's not worth it just now to pay that kind of money for a handful of guests.

Not moaning like a broken record. I really want to go to the event but can't justify it with the amount of guests announced. Unlike people close to or living in London it's a major financial outlay before some people even get to the event. By the time i get flights and accomodation for 2 it's over £300. Int the past this has been ok because of the amount of guests advertised this close to the event but this time it's not worth it just now to pay that kind of money for a handful of guests.

The monkey has a point :angry:

I do understand that this is a big issue for a lot of people.

I have sent a mail, but it maybe that they is nothing SM can share with us. But I am trying.

You truly are doing a great job, TT, thanks for helping the other forum members out.

All cheer for Too Tall !

Hurray !

i cannot belive that there are only 13 guests announced for this event which was promoted as being "the big one" and a couple of months ago had ads running in various magazines stating "over 60 star guests". The event is now 3 weeks away and it just is not living up to the hype.

I myself will be attending of course as there are about 6 guests i really want to meet and that is plenty for me, the maximum amount of autos i would be able to afford is about 10. So although i am dissapointed that the event has not lived up to its hype i am happy with the guests.

Did they truly state that there would be over 60 guests attending ??

The monkey has a point :angry:

That's Mr Monkey to you.

deffo, well done TT!!! i didn't even email you and you're the 1 who told me that I should get a reply soon *mwah!!*

I live in reading so thats nearish earls court so thats not a huge biggie for me, but if i lived further away, the guests would really affect me going.

and i'm sure the 60 was at a flyer at C7 wasn't it?

flights and hotels fill up and get more expensive the later you leave it. Really disappointed with the lack of announcements.

:angry:

Couldn't you like book everything anyway and cancel it last minute if you decide not to go. I think the cost of cancellation will be lower than the economy you would make by reserving now instead of at the very last minute (hope you catch my drift there ...)

deffo, well done TT!!! i didn't even email you and you're the 1 who told me that I should get a reply soon *mwah!!*

I live in reading so thats nearish earls court so thats not a huge biggie for me, but if i lived further away, the guests would really affect me going.

and i'm sure the 60 was at a flyer at C7 wasn't it?

They'd have to announce at least 2 a night between now and then to make that kind of number now.

flights and hotels fill up and get more expensive the later you leave it. Really disappointed with the lack of announcements.

:(

Couldn't you like book everything anyway and cancel it last minute if you decide not to go. I think the cost of cancellation will be lower than the economy you would make by reserving now instead of at the very last minute (hope you catch my drift there ...)

cancelling a hotel in london i think you'd have 2 pay nearly full price, and even if its like £50 i don't think any1 wants 2 lose money 4 no reason.

and 2 a night? Why not 10 a night :D or just most in 1 go.... i would say pretty please but i doubt even that'll work atm :(

:(

If you book one of the budget airlines and cancel you don't get your money back. Over £100 down the drain.

I don't remember seeing over 60 guests for this one, but it is currently being advertised as over 30 on the Earls Court site, so we still have a bit to go to get even there. We are at about 20 inlcuding the Blakes 7 Bunch, 15 otherwise.

I am really only going to get Charisma Carpener and will get Matthew Wood whilst I am there.

Out of the others that I would want to see, I have already met Val when he was at Autographica and Lou at a previous Collectormania.

If Charisma does pull out, unless she was replaced by Joss Whedon, or other related Whedonverse guests I haven't met, then I won't bother going, which will be the first London Film and Comic Con I have missed, and I literally only live down the road compared to some of you guys.

So come on Showmasters, where are the guests ?

The night they announced the very VERY first guests, I am pretty sure Andrea posted that those 6 guests was about 5% of the guests they planned to have (!)

Add to that the "big one" promises on dozens of crew shirts at C7, and it's not looking good ! They already pushed it back over three months from the original date, so it's not that they didn't have the time !

• Showmasters Admin
They already pushed it back over three months from the original date

To be fair they didn't push it back on purpose. They had issues with the Wembley venue so looked for another. They were then offered Earls Court but they only had one weekend free. I'm sure if they'd had the choice they wouldn't have had it the same weekend as Glastonbury and another show.

I'm not disagreeing with you though. It is getting late in the day and some announcements would be good.

Logically if they could do it with Matthew Wood announcement at nearly midnight, they can do it with any guest!

This can only mean at the moment there are no guests worth mentioning 100% confirmed for them to announce!

Grievous is a cool guest, but he is very Boba Fett, Darth Maul actually he is not as cool as them but you know what I mean.

I havn't missed a showmasters event for the past few years but the with announcements so far, I will not being going.

I wanted to meet Ron Perlman untill i saw Hellboy and that was disappionting so I not that bothered about meeting him.

The only person Id see is Grace Park and maybe the 24 stars.

if the Serinity / Firefly cast is annocuned like the rumors then I will go!

The night they announced the very VERY first guests, I am pretty sure Andrea posted that those 6 guests was about 5% of the guests they planned to have (!)

Well, if 6 guests were 5% of the complement, that suggests a total of 120 guests overall.

Methinks either somebody's maths were off at the time, or somebody's memory is playing up :wub:

So what you are all saying is that SM made a bold statement and failed to deliver?

Im still very conflicted about the whole thing!

It aint over till the fat lady sings or SMG learns how to act :wub: