Has the lack of announcements effected you going  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Has the lack of announcements effected you going

• Was going but now not sure
    • Still going, sm will announce great guests soon
    • Not going so dont care
    • Still going but not happy with it so far
    • Was unsure, still unsure

Just wondered, with less than 4 weeks to go if peoples plans are still up in the air, or if they have total confidence in SM and will still be going even if there are no new announcements in the foreseeable future. I personally think there will be an announcement on Monday 6th June.

Ps i voted Was unsure, still unsure

Edited by Steviefull

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going but its to meet Kilmer! Willow, Top Gun & Heat

Ill get Xander to sign a T2 pic, maybe Heat if they have one.

Ron to do Aliens 4 & Hellboy

Matthew Wood Grievous & maybe Ody Mandrell

Maybe Wayne Pyngram depending on photos

Maybe Adrian Paul again depnding on photos

I have no interest in the other guests though, need some more. Just worried about it turning into a buffy & trek con if any more get announced. God I hate it when that happens!

Was probably going to go anyway - but now Matthew Wood is there its an added reason. Maybe Wayne Pygram too - not sure.

None of the other guests really interest me that much - but I would be interested to see what Daisy Duke is like these days.

Really fed up with coming on here each morning to NOTHING in terms of announcements !

Only for the fact that I'll be in London on the friday anyway, I'd have to give it serious thought ! :P So far I'm after Kilmer, Perlman, Bach, Berkley and maybe Lou Ferrigno (but I'll be seeing him in November ;) )

To answer the question - I have a certain amount of faith in SMs - they delivered big time at L2 - and a lot of that was last minute. So it's feasible that there are some big hitters in the pipeline, that they don't want to announce, only to have to cancel, thus looking like twats ! ;)

BUT !! There's a fine line between that, and just plain leaving it too late for us punters to commit to going ! I was worried when Matthew Wood was announced as an unexpected one-off at twelve o'clock on a sunday night - it does give the impression they are getting desperate ......

Slightly confused that 5 people have said they're not happy with the quality/amount of guests yet that they're still going. :D

Obviously for the social aspect, or the stalls. Or maybe they live in (or will be in) London ?

Need to book flights and hotels so am waiting for more guests. Not worth going with the amount that has been announced. Can't hang on for ever though as flights and hotels fill up and get more expensive the later you leave it. Really disappointed with the lack of announcements. If nothing is announced soon have to cancel my plans.

Even an announcement about them making an announcement would help. At the moment it looks more likely that either what is announced is it or the event will be cancelled.

That won`t be it dude.

SM WILL NOT CANCEL THE EVENT AND WILL ANNOUNCE MORE GUESTS!

They said mid week so any day now should be an announcement, there is no way on god`s green one it will get cancelled!

Don't be so sure. From a finacial point of view they will need more guests to make the event pay. With a lack of guests less people will make the effort to go therefore less profit. Maybe the reason they are not announcing is due to the lack of financialy viable guests available. Rather than announcing more and making more people book flights etc they may be at the point of cancelling. It's been done before with other events.

• Showmasters Admin

I do understand that this is a big issue for a lot of people.

I have sent a mail, but it maybe that they is nothing SM can share with us. But I am trying.

i cannot belive that there are only 13 guests announced for this event which was promoted as being "the big one" and a couple of months ago had ads running in various magazines stating "over 60 star guests". The event is now 3 weeks away and it just is not living up to the hype.

I myself will be attending of course as there are about 6 guests i really want to meet and that is plenty for me, the maximum amount of autos i would be able to afford is about 10. So although i am dissapointed that the event has not lived up to its hype i am happy with the guests.

flights and hotels fill up and get more expensive the later you leave it. Really disappointed with the lack of announcements.

:angry:

Really want to go but for only a handfull of guests it's not worth it. By the time you add the flights and hotels in the autographs end up costing over £100 each. Can justify it a lot more if there more guests.

flights and hotels fill up and get more expensive the later you leave it. Really disappointed with the lack of announcements.

:angry:

Really want to go but for only a handfull of guests it's not worth it. By the time you add the flights and hotels in the autographs end up costing over £100 each. Can justify it a lot more if there more guests.

I'm in the same situation - sooooooo frustrating !