WHAT fuct up rules did/do they have @ your school

nicky

At my prep school in the 80s the Head preferred us to have our hair cut at the back ie not shaved up. He also wanted us to have "hard" cases and not bags for our books. We also had to raise our caps to drivers who let us pass on the zebra-crossing and all traces of ink had to be washed from our habds before lunch.

At my Irish Catholic school we weren't allowed back-packs or rucksacs (nor girls for that matter which as a result didn't exactly help me later in my teenage yrs)

And of course the length of your hair was always an issue, though not for 6th form girls.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh, wait till you hear this!

Shiney shoes - banned.

Because you could look up girls skirts with them

skirts had to be at the knee, ties correct, blah blah blah.

No makeup, no jewelry, except for a single pair of gold or silver studs.

Sex education pages including info on contraception - cut out of text books.

Oh they joys of catholic education...

We aren't aloud hoodies... Nor branded jackets... :yoda: I mean there isn't many plai ones you can get.

Our polo shirts have to be tucked in.

Oh I dunno there's more stuff I think.

we weren't allowed demin jackets at my school.

Shiney shoes - banned.

Because you could look up girls skirts with them

Sex education pages including info on contraception - cut out of text books.

Oh they joys of catholic education...

That's a funny one about the shoes, I might try that one and polish my shoes for the party...

The other one I can understand though for a Catholic school as its part of the religion.

I think one of them might have been to cover books with crappy paper to help protect the covers..... :wub:

YEAH that was summit I had to do too and I got told by a teacher once to remove my A-Team stickers from the inside cover of my hymnal (that I paid for).

We aren't aloud hoodies... Nor branded jackets... :wub: I mean there isn't many plai ones you can get.

Our polo shirts have to be tucked in.

Oh I dunno there's more stuff I think.

yeah we weren't allowed branded jackets either! some kind of rule that if you could afford nice things you weren't allowed to show you could afford them

Edited by mooby81

At middle school the corridors were always WALK ON THE LEFT....they had stop and go signs above all the double doors so you knew which side u could use hehe...sensible idea really tho :wub:

like being on the underground!

• Moderators
At middle school the corridors were always WALK ON THE LEFT....they had stop and go signs above all the double doors so you knew which side u could use hehe...sensible idea really tho  :P

like being on the underground!

Only without the trains! :D:wub:

Apart from the obvious "please don't bring a knife or a gun to school thank you", my Secondary school rules were alright!

Primary school, I was taught by a few nuns, but they were cool :D:wub:

You couldnt being a knife or gun?!

Talk about strict....

Hm, my schools alright really.. Have the left side thing, jewellery. Meh.

Though there is some stairs, and when you go down them, theres a sign "please do not run up the stairs" :blink: BIT LATE! I'M GOING DOWN THEM YOU f***TARDS!

OOOH OOH!

No running in the playground.. :P

No NOTHING in the libary, (no drink, no food, no talking, 4 to a table max, no coats, no breathing..) :P

Cant think of any more.. :unsure:

"Good morning Ms , Good morning friends"

I had that at primary school as well as having to walk on the left side of the hallway.

Secondary school

Knee length skirt, no longer no shorter except for PE where we had the smallest skirts possible with a teacher that kept trying to look up them, of course we weren't supposed to have shorts underneath but we did anyway.

White socks only, unless wearing black tights. Tights weren't allowed to have patterns on.

Black flat shoes only, trainers were only for PE.

No jewellery unless simple plain studs in your ears, then you were only allowed one per ear.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, pretty hard to remember because I never followed any of the rules :unsure:

well they went and changed our lessons to blocks of 2,2 and half hour lessons a day.And if you have free lesson you have to goto the study room,your not meant to sit in the common room.Your not allowed out of the building apart from at lunch time.

No sticking stuff on the boards sodexoff have provided for the school incase they get messed up and then the school gets fined :unsure:

Not really supposed to have jewelery etc..our new headmaster is a twit..

Oh yeah were not allowed into the school in the morning till the bell even when its raining and there's no shelter so you get to stand there for half an hour when its peeing down...

We weren't allowed to walk on the grassy areas of the school grounds... which was a massive challenge considering how the school was built on an old farm. Probably the reason why I learned to levitate so gracefully. :unsure:

Hymn books were supposed to be kept in mint condition, and were checked daily. We used to draw enormous willies on the hymn books of the kids we hated. :(

Those were the days, indeed.

:(

We weren't allowed to walk on the grassy areas of the school grounds... which was a massive challenge considering how the school was built on an old farm. Probably the reason why I learned to levitate so gracefully. :pyth:

Hymn books were supposed to be kept in mint condition, and were checked daily. We used to draw enormous willies on the hymn books of the kids we hated. ^_^

Those were the days, indeed.

:huh:

Hhahaha!

*thinks of citizernship*