Lies your parents used to tell you

ILoveMerry

:lol:

I got told if I ate apple pips then an apple tree would grow in my stomach, I was about 5 at the time :lol:

Also got the same ones about curly hair (I believed this so avoided crusts as I liked having straight hair :P ) and if you pulled a funny face and the wind changed directions my face would stay like that (although this one I never believed)

i got told

"if you don't clean your ears out, potatoes will grow in them"

Why would Naomi want top grow in your ears :D

If I sucked my thumb it would fall off and run away!

So I never did it! :wub:

Oh and that I was named after a bank,

oh hang on that one was true :D

Edited by bigharrypotterfan

I used to be told there were crocodiles under my bed so if I got up in the night they would bite my legs. :D

Then the usual eat your greens blah blah, eat your crusts blah blah.

Now I tell my little girl it's the Christmas Elves that put up the decorations and take them down again, the Birthday Fairy brings her birthday presents and the usual Father Christmas is watching your behaviour ;)

I used to get told that the Sandman comes round everynight and throws sand in your eyes which is why there's all that crusty stuff in them when you wake up on a morning, so if I wasn't asleep when he came I'd get sand thrown in my eyes and it would hurt like b***ery :lol:

:lol:

I got told if I ate apple pips then an apple tree would grow in my stomach, I was about 5 at the time :P

Also got the same ones about curly hair (I believed this so avoided crusts as I liked having straight hair :P ) and if you pulled a funny face and the wind changed directions my face would stay like that (although this one I never believed)

Well funnily enough,it could sorta be true,because where I live in Brighton,they do sewer tours,and down there they find lots of tomato plants,and they're from all the seeds that ppl have pooed out...LOL!

Oh,and my Mum used to try and convince me that Brussel sprouts were really Fairy cabbages.I HATE brussel sprouts and bl**dy cabbage too.... :P

Well funnily enough,it could sorta be true,because where I live in Brighton,they do sewer tours,and down there they find lots of tomato plants,and they're from all the seeds that ppl have pooed out...LOL!

Ewwwwwwwwwww

I think that could possibly be the most disgusting thing Ive ever heard!

Ewwwwwwwwwww

I think that could possibly be the most disgusting thing Ive ever heard!

REALLY!?

Gawd,I've heard MUCH more disgusting things than that...LOL! :lol::P:P

That carrots make you see in the dark.  Eating them, that is, not waving them around like torches :D

Although that is rooted in scientific fact somewhere apparently  :lol:

been eating carrots for years, still cant see properly :P

Yup, I LOVE Carrotts

But can I see in the dark..........NO

Really, my eyesight is SO BAD when its dark!! (and we're not talking pitch black here I mean even when its just a little bit dark..)

:yoda:

That carrots make you see in the dark.  Eating them, that is, not waving them around like torches :blink:

Although that is rooted in scientific fact somewhere apparently  :unsure:

Anya:

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes!

They've got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses!

And what's with all the carrots?

What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?Bunnies!

Bunnies!

It must be bunnies!

...Or maybe midgets.

Soz couldn't resist! :D

Edited by IloveSpike