Improvements for C7

.... Costa Coffee area. You almost couldn't move there Sunday.

awww thanks to everyone who mentioned me, I feel loved! :wub:

was gunna mention this earlier but wasn't sure quite how to phrase it, Queen_Sindel:

shoppers/gawpers ALWAYS try and get through past the SM booth or like on the guest side of the Costa out-of-coffee-place-bit which always irritates the hell out of me and especially this time with the pit bosses constantly having to shout out for people to keep moving! :P

they are never quite bright enough to think "well hmm it looks busy by here how about we go BEHIND the costa bit" e.g. walk next to the shops instead of forcing their way past the guests and annoying people and being annoyed that no one can move!! :o

as a crew member and event attendee I always find it MUCH quicker just to dart around behind!!!! B)

perhaps in the future SM you could get those cool fences things they have at the post office :lol: with a sign on each end advising people to GO ROUND if they don't want to access guests or stalls. I'm not entirely certain how this would work but sure you can invisage something!!! :D

Surfy Sah xx :o

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like less of the stalls and more of the guests in that area.

I had to shove people aside as I could not move down each aile.

At the end of the day or guests with OPEN Q could have their picture taken with your own camera. I wanted to get a picture of Brent but the crew said you had to purchase a glossy photo for twenty pounds and have a photo with Brent. Now that was silly, it was 5pm and he had an OPEN Q so it would make sense that if nobody is waiting, you could have a photo with the guest.

to be honest, although i only went on the friday, i felt there was nothing that special to C6. I saw the guests I wanted, paid the money, they signed and that was it. With all the organisation this time it was simply get the people into quick lines, filled in and signed, off and away to the next one. No experience as such, just oh you want it signed, there you go... move on now.....Ok, I dont think anything will beat C4 but Showmasters have gone too far with the organisation. I got tickets to all the guests, and many times was told "stay around here, its quiet, so I will let you in in a min" - so what was the point of the tickets.... A number of people got through queues just by having tickets, the actual number was not checked. For me everything felt too rushed, and that was on the Friday (a nice and quiet day)....

I would like to see a lot better quality of photos of the guests for signing, those created by SM. The ones I got signed were so low quality I would not like them in my collection (they were Xmas gifts for family etc), had my own items to be signed.

Dont reduce the amount of stalls, we need something to do whilst waiting :o

Just my thoughts...

www.nickowen.com

I know what you mean about the costa coffee area...it was bedlam around there. Whilst I was getting a ticket for Dirk and Dwight, I overheard one woman shouting at the top of her voice how angry she was at not being able to get through, she was practically shoving people out of the way.

We said the same thing though...why not just go around the other side. You can see from a mile away, how many people are there and any person with an ounce of common sense, would avoid it if they could.

Hmmnn, am I too new to be controversial? :o Ah! What the hey! I'm only trying to be constructive!

It was very cramped in dealer area and people where getting crouchy and what made it worse I found was pushchairs. At one point there where two pushchairs in the same aisle and it all ground to a halt! Everyone should have the oppotunity to visit yet at the same time, people need to keep moving. So I guess the only solution is wider aisles?

Was it just me, or did anyone else feel that ShowMasters had tightened up so much in terms of seeing the guests and attempted organisation, that it made the whole event even less smooth-running?

For example, issuing tickets for minor guests...when it was obvious that they'd be back to open queues before lunchtime.

I remember when collectormania was more relaxed, and when such crowd-control measures were only needed for people like Elijah.

This one was purely organised chaos. And to be honest, I'd rather have chaos that came with the opportunity for a photo with the guest.

i think you have hit the nail on the head there - it was complete organised chaos, whereas before it was so relaxed and lovely even when elijah was there and everyone was runnin around screaming their heads off!

I found this one much more regimented (un-necessarily so) and therefore it came across as much more money orienatted and much less fun....... :D

Some of the guests need a better selection of 8X10s, but that is always the case at every event i go to, maybe I'm too fussy. One guest in particular that i had trouble with was Adam Busch. He had loads of pictures for his band, but no good ones from Buffy on his own. There were some shots of the whole Trio, but no good ones of just him.

yeah and i was gutted because i begged showmasters (on this forum :D ) for a premiere photo of billy boyd, but thinking they would have one, i did not look for one off the stalls until the saturday and i looked and i looked and could not find on, so I got one of the showmasters ones of pippin (i already have a pippin signed photo) and then you;ve guessed it i found a billy premiere photo on the sunday on this little stall that had been too crowded on the sunday......GUTTED..........got it for next time though!

totally agree with the over organised chaos! I did feel very rushed at some guests and after waiting for ages and handing over my cash a couple of seconds to let the moment sink in would be nice! I got a disaproving look just for asking to shake billy's hand! Although he very kindly obliged and it was very appreciated by me. so if the guests don't mind, why should SM??

Around Costa was a nightmare but i think most of that was caused by non CM traffic trying to get a look at what was going on. Also the side where nic, danny, tom and adam were signing was stupid. Could the signing areas not be moved down where Billy was?? just so the shoppers wandering by don't get in the way?

i agree with not using virtual queues for smaller guest because before some of my numbers came up they'd gone to opens

as for posed photos i agree that it should be up to the guest if they say yes brilliant but if not i'm happy just to meet them.

But i did enjoy myself even if it wasn't as laid back as i had hoped

BRING ON C7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

i agree the atmosphere wasn't the same

For me if they aren't doing posed photo's like Nick i wasn't sure whether to meet him or not i ended up getting just one pic signed to me and my sister

And i'm glad i did we were herded through like sheep, a showmasters blokie asked us who we wanted it signed too, he then took the photo handed it to the girl she told nick who to sign it to he signed it looked up said have a nice day then started signing the next one

I was left standing there like whaa that was it that was £20 and there was an open queue there was what 5 people behind me.

It wasn't that rushed with a Elijah i was left feeling ripped off in fact the photo i bought off a stall seems more personal.

I've been to C4, LFACC and C5 and have never felt like that before C6 was def dissapointing in the guest factor.

One postive thing was the talks the theatre was great i really like the setting part from the no flash photo's which ment everyone's face was a white blob!!

And why not use the seat numbers that way you book the tickets early you get the better seats seems fair.

But yes the theatre gets a thumbs up :)

I totally aggree with all my peers, it was chaos at times. I went on Saturday with the intention of getting A team & STNG pics. It was bedlam around Dirk & Dwight. Im fortunate to have been blessed with a 6'4" 20 stone frame, so didnt get pushed around by anyone i didnt want to be pushed around by.( :D EXEPTION MARINA SIRTIS WHO CAN PUSH ME ANYWHERE SHE LIKES :D ) But i felt sorry for all the people being ram raided by mothers with pushchairs who had no intention of meeting guests.

Plese SM pay a little more attention to the costa coffee area for C7. Other than that well done SM :lol::lol:

Martyn

Edited by MRR2310

At the end of the day or guests with OPEN Q could have their picture taken with your own camera. I wanted to get a picture of Brent but the crew said you had to purchase a glossy photo for twenty pounds and have a photo with Brent. Now that was silly, it was 5pm and he had an OPEN Q so it would make sense that if nobody is waiting, you could have a photo with the guest.

Sometimes it is the choice of the guests that they want you to buy an autograph so that you can get a picture. At the end of the day they are there to make money, if everybody was just going to meet them and get a photo then they wouldn't come over here at all.

I went on the Saturday and it was absolutely chaotic around the public areas. This was due entirely to the public, whether they were C6 attendes are shoppers, standing still in front of the crew handing out queue tickets.

It was especially bad round the Spiner/Dorn side.

There was a poor SM crew member yelling at the top of her voice, trying to get them to move, but none of them did. For anyone trying to move around, it was nigh on impossible.

I don't know what can be done about it, but I get the feeling that Collectormania has outgrown the MK centre.

Respect

Admiral Bear

perhaps in the future SM you could get those cool fences things they have at the post office :wub: with a sign on each end advising people to GO ROUND if they don't want to access guests or stalls. I'm not entirely certain how this would work but sure you can invisage something!!! :(

Surfy Sah xx :wub: [/color]

My choie to guide shoppers and push chairs away from the crowded area?

"morons this way"

My choice to guide shoppers and push chairs away from the crowded area?

"morons this way" :(

My suggestion is in regards to the 'exclusive' print at the Buffy talks (and I assume the other talks too)

I don't think showmasters should bother with this "exclusive" print malarky as it's a bit shoddy. At the tony and iyari talk last year - it was an 8x6 of Tony and Sarah - not Iyari - i felt bad for her!

It's just a photo which i don't think anyone is really that bothered about.

How about taking a photo of the guys at the talk - during the talk - and then getting them made into prints and sent out to all those who attended the talk over the following weeks? that's a better reminder. Or collect the email address of people - and the photo file can be sent out so we can print it ourselves or do whatever.

it just seemed irrlevant to get a photo of Tony Head when i Just attending a talk with Nic, Danny, Tom and Adam.

Less guests or organised in to a seperate area. The stalls need to be further apart to allow for larger isles.

The Showmasters Stand should be moved. It was chaos trying to pass that with the signer queues the otherside. It became gridlocked.

Maybe the guests should be blanked off entirely so onlookers can't concregate. eg, You can't see the guests unless you are queueing. The grey hoarding that is behind the guests should be placed in fron aswell. Blocks the guest from onlookers and people who want an auto go through a door.

I also agree that there should be pre signed Auto's available from the guests. It was so busy I only bothered to get BDW. Would have seen Verne, but got so pissed off with other people I legged it.

Maybe the guests should be blanked off entirely so onlookers can't concregate. eg, You can't see the guests unless you are queueing. The grey hoarding that is behind the guests should be placed in fron aswell. Blocks the guest from onlookers and people who want an auto go through a door.

I can see where you're coming from with this, but I hope this is something that isn't considered.

Part of going to Collectormania, is to see the guests. Some you want to meet, others you don't. It would be great to be able to meet all the guests, but for most people, that is not a reality due to funds.

I personally, love to see the all guests that are there. For me, if I can't afford an auto, a glimpse of them is enough, and if I am really lucky, a photo from afar. That is why I was so gutted about Carrie Fisher. Here she was, in the same centre I was, and I didn't even get a glimpse of her. That was the only disappointment I had at C6.

I really do think it would be a shame if they hid all the guests behind screens. It would take away a lot of the atmospere from the event. After all, it isn't every day you can say you have seen someone famous.

I can see you point. What if the sides were open, just the entrance to the queues closed of. That way you could get to the queues easily and it wouldn't block the paths through.

then the side would be crowded as hell.

nope i think they should get another venue in MK somewhere.

• Moderators
Theres nothing wrong with Middleton Hall. ;)

I think crowd control around the Costa bit is needed, just cuz I noticed when I was tryin to walk to the info desk I cud get to that end in like 10 seconds n then it took me AGES just to get thru that bit :P But other than that, I think the hall is a great place .. free access etc ...

Theres nothing wrong with Middleton Hall.  ;)

I think crowd control around the Costa bit is needed, just cuz I noticed when I was tryin to walk to the info desk I cud get to that end in like 10 seconds n then it took me AGES just to get thru that bit :P But other than that, I think the hall is a great place .. free access etc ...

That area's always the same. Maybe try and sort something there but other than that I don't see any reason to change the venue.

People keep saying another venue in MK, but out of interest ... WHERE?!

i actually have no idea. but it's every year the same story with the crowd controll, although i had the feeling it was better this year. but then i could be wrong.

I'm confused about Dwight.  On the saturday he had signs saying no posed photos, and you say this was his choice, but both my sis and boyfriend got great photos with him, and he offered.

same here :-) I was toled no flash , but he sead he never sead that ...

I do have 2 more improvments segestions:

1. on the Sat when SM trid to get every one in 1 place , a cupel of hours befor the event started ..it didnt realy work SM , since peopal came in from every door , and you hade one pore guy to woch for all of us :-) i would segest that next time have a person at every door.

2. party : ok this is my main coplaint - next time just say "may have guests" , i must admit i hade my expectishens to high , i expected a lot more gests to come and stay ! :-)

thow the qwolety of the ones who did attend , not to menshen the grop was superb !!!!

Edited by Nili