Carrie Fisher , No photos and no Pricess leia

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I "met" Carrie Fisher on saturday afternoon. I put the word "met" in quotes there because, even though i got her autograph and saw her in person, i didn't feel as though I'd actually 'met' her. She didn't smile or even look at me. I might as well as not have been there. I said "thank you very much" as I took my photo, but it was though I didn't exist for all the notice I got. Granted, she had over 1000 people to see (although if she chooses not to look at people, then how can she even have 'seen' them?), and I can understand the 'no photos' rule by that stage of the day, but even so....? It only takes a second to smile at someone.... I was 5 years old when I saw 'Star Wars' and I thought Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful woman in the world (second only to my Mum). I even had an action figure of her and so I couldn't believe my luck in being able to meet her 27 years later. I may never get a chance to meet her again... and that's the experience I get. I almost felt guilty for wanting her autograph!

On the plus side - I met David Prowse.....wow....what a sweetie!? He was lovely and said that he liked to "make the most of having an attractive woman come over to meet him"....swoon.......

Brent Spiner.....I love him! I'm a Trekkie and Data has always been my fave character. I was soo excited to meet him and when I phoned my Husband afterwards to say that I'd met him..I was practically hyper-ventilating!

Despite Carrie's coldness, it was a very special day for me..and I want to thank all the organisers for making it that way.

Maybe I'll be back next year!

Fi

Edited by DalekWidow

Hi

I met Carrie both Saturday and Sunday. Definately more friendly today - posing for a photo (without me asking) by sticking leaning across desk, sticking her head in my belly and pulling a cheesy smile! Also told me an anecdote about Peter Cushing. Yesterday was far more rushed - I got the impression that she was jet lagged etc. I think the criticism is a little unfair. If SM had limited the tickets to a strict 500, and Carrie knew that from the off, then I'm sure we'd have all had more 'personal' experiences with her. They gave out over 1300 tickets for her yesterday, and Carrie got up to over 1000 - with many, many people getting multiple items (including the dealer who had 140 straight after lunch on Saturday-swine!). You are never going to get the same experience with some one signing that number of photos as with say Sala, who does have the time to talk to you.

In a way Carrie can't win - if she'd gone slower then hundreds less would have got to meet her, and they'd leave disappointed. The way she had to be, has left many of people who did meet her disapponited. I understand SM paid her a fixed fee, and at the end of the day they want her to sign as many as possible to maximise their profits!

I genuinely think Carrie is a nice, funny lady. She was certainly more of herself today - maybe over the jet lag, maybe she knew it was going to be a more chilled day and she could take more time. She was shook hands with 4 or 5 young children when I was waiting in line, and was more chatty. Maybe I was lucky, and it was certainly more satisfying than our Saturday meeting.

I wish i had seen her under your circumstances. I didn't have enough money for everyone i wanted, and she was one, but i got the 3 main Star trek ones, and i only had £15 left and went to see Dwight, but i would have loved to have seen her.

Getting mixed opinions here.......

But she seems nice enough according to Billy.

Any photos for me. :P

Again with Carrie I say speak as you find. I've said in other posts and I'll say again here that I met her on the Saturday at about 10.30. She went mad over my teeshirt (thought she was gonna grab it off me at one point!!), and was generally friendly. Was I one of the lucky ones? Ok, she didn't pose for a photo, but at least i got a couple with me in it while she was signing.

hint - next time you meet her, wear something Lapland related!!!

you know what miffed me MORE than not really getting to talk to Carrie?

that ALL OF THE TWO TABLES of photos were star wars.... I didn't really want a star wars photo - what about

drop dead fred

jay and silent bob

the burbs

?? I'd have much preferrered one of them - it can't be hard to get a jay and silent bob one?

To be honest I was expected an Elijah type queue where I hand over my money, the photo is taken away and I get it returned signed, thankfully this didnt happen and I was able to give her the photo myself and say hello, would have liked a photo of her signing it but if stopping photos allows more fans to get her autographs then its fine by me.

Only bad thing I could say though is that when she was finishing her signature on my photo she actually had her eyes closed, seemed strange to me but I guess she has got used to signing it on a large scale and has it down to an art lol

I was pretty gutted not to even get a glimpse of Carrie Fisher.

I couldn't afford to get her auto, but I thought I would stroll down, just to see her...I mean..it's Carrie Fisher..when would I get this opportunity again?

The way things were set up, she was obscured by some trees and such, and when I stood on the wall to see if I could see anything..I was shouted at to get down..talk about feeling like a naughty schoolkid

Same here i thought a giant bush and a bunch of plants were sigining down the hall next to BDW. I didn't see her face. maybe it was blured as i was watching through the glass with other people looking in at one point from the outside.

The Stormtroopers holding up small kids and blasting adults on the firing line and questioning suspects (i.e. members of the public). Was more entertaining than Carrie Fisher's signing more or less.

that ALL OF THE TWO TABLES of photos were star wars.... I didn't really want a star wars photo - what about

drop dead fred

jay and silent bob

the burbs

?? I'd have much preferrered one of them - it can't be hard to get a jay and silent bob one?

not hard, but not worth SMs while either ....

drop dead fred

jay and silent bob

the burbs

not hard, but not worth SMs while either ....

not worth it? well i heard a few other echo-ing that they'd have liked a non star wars shot. - i think it would have been worth losing some of the shoddier 10x8's shots from star wars and having maybe 3 that were NOT star wars.

Saw Carrie on Sarurday afternoon in the first batch let in after lunch. Had the pleasure of an extended wait whilst lardarse dealer got everything he owns signed.

Found Carrie ok, smiled apologised for the no photo rule and offered to pose for photos when she had a toilet break.

Got a photo of Carrie when she arrived Sunday morning, she was willing to pose with me but security pushed me away and ushered her in.

[FO :unsure: This was the second collectormania i have been to and decided to take the kids this time. Found most of the stars to be quite chatty. Standouts included ; Billy Boyd, Verne Troyer, Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch and Warwick Davis. Nicholas Brendon could barely speak as his head was so far up his bum. We were a bit disapointed that we could not take photos or have much time to speak to Carrie Fisher but at least we got to meet her and she did have a quick word with the kids. She was obviously the most popular star there and was under pressure to meet as many people as possible. If she had spent as long with people as Billy did half of us would of met her. It was just really nice to see her in the flesh. Hello to Jason and his mate who we managed to get thier plaques signed by Carrie. ;) NT=Arial]

Carrie did not even look at me and just signed my box set although she did glimpse at me then returned to more people signing.

I feel that I was rushed when I saw her. It was 4pm and there was still a large que.

After reading all these posts about Carrie allowing pictures in the morning and being talkative, I feel left out and a bit sad.

There is not a smiley which has a crying face.

B)

Edited by BluebizzieB

Exact same thing happened at C4 with Elijah, the first hundred or so can have posed photos and have a nice chat but by the time they get past 400 they are just trying to get as many people through as possible but with over 1000 tickets handed out I dont blame them, if I was number 900 I would have probaley thought I wouldnt have a chance but from what I have heard she got through at least 1000 on the saturday which goes to show, even if you get a very high numbered ticket, dont loose all hope.

hi guys

i was one of the last few people to meet carrie on sun afternoon about 4.45 i think and she was great! When i walked down she was chatting to the cm steward he then let me and this girl get our stuff signed while i was waiting a press guy was taking photos and the steward told him to stop as he shulda been there earlier or summat! anyway carrie was laughing with me about it and saying"if i saw apicture of this face id wanna shoot myself!" signed her new book and the dvd of postcards...and she then posed for a photo with a big smile shook my hand and said thanks smiling all the time!!!!

so i guess you just got wait till the end and the guests might be more pleasent! I mean it was an open q when i got there!

However i do agree that some guests can be horrible i have heard BAD things about nic brendon so i didn't bother with him! the star trek were great fun as always! so was dwight what a guy! the steward told me he had been signing since 9 no lunch break and when i met him at the end he was still laughing out loud and was talking to me like id know him for years!!!

A note to the guests that come and are horrible though: if your paid to act at least do it when you meet the fans after all isnt this your day job???

This might sound strange but I cant picture in my mind what happend when I saw Carrie.

I just remember handing over my name on a piece of paper (how hard is it to spell Chris) to the SM crew and she signed my DVD, I said Thanks and that was it.

Edited by BluebizzieB

after carrie signed my pic, straight away she pushed it to the side and started signing somebody elses, i said thankyou and got no reply. If my dad was with me in the que i'm sure he would have had something to say about that. Just like when he shouted at former WWE star Raven after he was rude to me!

• Showmasters Admin
I just remember handing over my name on a piece of paper (how hard is it to spell Chris).

It's not but to help get as many people through as possible I suggested on Saturday morning that we ask people to write there names down if they wanted the auto personalized so that no mistakes were made. Rather than asking people "do you have an odd name? You'd better write that down then". We just asked everyone to do it.

It made sense to me.

I actually find this whole thread offensive. I was sat there taking money for Carrie for 9 hours and it was a really long 9 hours. Give the women a break. OK maybe she was off with some people and I'm sure she'd feel bad about that if she knew. When I spoke to her after lunch she seamed honestly conserned that she may not be able to get to see the 600 ppl that still had tickets. So the decision was made that no photos would be taken so that as many ppl as possible could be seen.

You try sitting there for 9 hours signing your name and being nice to every single person that comes though. She had a lot of pressure or her to get though the 1000 ppl in a day. If you feel you got treated badly I'm sorry, but she is only human give her a break. Have you never had a cranky 5 minutes when you've been at work?

I guess the question is, is it really better to get 1000 people through, and those people maybe feel they didn't have a positive experience? Or get 600 or so through, and those folks have a good time, but 400 others be disapointed?

From the financial point of view I guess the 1000 is better. But it's a more difficult question if you are looking at what's best for the attendees.

I guess the question is, is it really better to get 1000 people through, and those people maybe feel they didn't have a positive experience? Or get 600 or so through, and those folks have a good time, but 400 others be disapointed?

From the financial point of view I guess the 1000 is better. But it's a more difficult question if you are looking at what's best for the attendees.

Nope, the 1000 is definitely better! Some of those unlucky 400 may have travelled a long bloomin way to get disappointed and may not get anotehr chance. So to me, it's WAY better to see as many as possible, than to take the time with everyone.

I don't think it's financial, lets face it, Carrie isn't exactly going to be living in a cardboard box, so that suggestion is just overly cynical in my mind.

The fact that some people have a complaint,w hilst some say she was perfectly civil and nice, just goes to back up what too tall said, in that she's just human and it's down to luck as to whether you catch her in a good or bad moment.

I don't know, if you sell 1000 tickets, maybe person 1001 travelled from Scotland and even driving over night didn't get there till 11 am because they got stuck behind a motorway pile-up...

Isn't it better to have 600 happy customers than 1000 who are unhappy because they don't feel they even 'met' the star because there was no eye contact?

Not blaming Carrie, but maybe if she can't sign at that speed and under that pressure without showing the strain, then maybe she shouldn't be put under that strain.

I don't know, if you sell 1000 tickets, maybe person 1001 travelled from Scotland and even driving over night didn't get there till 11 am because they got stuck behind a motorway pile-up...

Isn't it better to have 600 happy customers than 1000 who are unhappy because they don't feel they even 'met' the star because there was no eye contact?

Not blaming Carrie, but maybe if she can't sign at that speed and under that pressure without showing the strain, then maybe she shouldn't be put under that strain.

There's always going to be a few people let down because the guest didn't have time to autograph something for them. I would say it's best to try and see as many people as possible. 1 unhappy person is better than 401 unhappy people!

PLUS, of the ones she did see, accorind to opinion on this forum, at least 50% were happy!

I'm not sure what your last suggestion means, but the only way to not put her under that pressure, would be to not have her as a guest, then NO-ONE is happy!

My last comment: it sounds like SHE felt she was under pressure to get all 1000 done...

Actually, don't know if it would work, but something I've thought of before is having 'fast sessions' and 'slow' sessions. Idea is some people don't want to chat to the guest, they just want autographs, so why not set it up so they can get through faster, and leave more time for those for whom the priority is to 'meet' the guest?

So... you start off with ticketed people, going through and getting time to say hello and maybe a photo (but not letting them chat for ages of course... still can't do that).

Every now and again you change to a 'fast' session. Maybe for a couple of hours in the middle of the day? People for that maybe pay a little less, but if they bring personal items they are just handed to the guest to sign in front of them, and maybe the guest is signing standard photos you can buy, but they are not doing them person by person. No talking to the attendees, helpers hand the items to the guest to sign, like a production line. Probably you don't even let the attendees go right up to the guest, so they can't talk.

Wonder if it would work?

My last comment: it sounds like SHE felt she was under pressure to get all 1000 done...

Actually, don't know if it would work, but something I've thought of before is having 'fast sessions' and 'slow' sessions. Idea is some people don't want to chat to the guest, they just want autographs, so why not set it up so they can get through faster, and leave more time for those for whom the priority is to 'meet' the guest?

So... you start off with ticketed people, going through and getting time to say hello and maybe a photo (but not letting them chat for ages of course... still can't do that).

Every now and again you change to a 'fast' session. Maybe for a couple of hours in the middle of the day? People for that maybe pay a little less, but if they bring personal items they are just handed to the guest to sign in front of them, and maybe the guest is signing standard photos you can buy, but they are not doing them person by person. No talking to the attendees, helpers hand the items to the guest to sign, like a production line. Probably you don't even let the attendees go right up to the guest, so they can't talk.

Wonder if it would work?

It's a different idea, I'll give you that!