Billy Boyd - what time?

Ascal Elessar

When do you reckon you'd need to get there on Saturday to meet Billy Boyd? I'm asking this on behalf of a friend who can only make it on that day (I'm there all three days). She says her train leaves London at 9.30 and I'm not sure what time she'll be arriving at. I'm not sure she'll get there early enough. I wasn't at C4 when Billy appeared so I don't know how popular he'll be. Should I advise her to try and get an earlier train?

This is my first Collectormania, but from the advice I've been handed and posts I have read, I'd say its best to get there ealier, Im arriving at about 8:30am and I hoping thats early enough for Billy Boyd as my obsessive friends really wants to meet him. If the train leaves london at 9:30am then i doubt your friend will be at the event for another hour or so and you might be waiting for ages for your ticket number to be called.

KIWI :unsure:

I'd get there a lot earlier. If her train from London is at 9:30 she wont be there until about 10:15...( this is how long it takes me) ... I suggest getting there at about 8:30.

Ren

xxx

Yay, I was hoping 8:30am would be ok. I am getting a train from Euston at about 7:35am i think and IM hoping after a ten minute walk I can be at collectormania by 8:30am....maybe a run even, I dont know but by looking at maps it only looks about half a mile away.

KIWI :unsure:

you didnt miss Billy at C4 cuz he wasnt at C4! he was at C3! you need to get there pretty early for the popular guests. ppl queued for Elijah from 4 in the morning at C4!!!

That was pretty crazy that weekend! mad in fact! 8.30 for a 10.00 open! it was so cold on the sunday morning everyone was shivering!!! I'd do it all over again if i had to tho!!! what an experience!

I got my ticket at C3 for Billy at about 10:30 and met him by 3pm so as long as you are there before midday I dont see a problem in meeting him, defently no need to get there for a stupid time like 7am, no one attending C6 will have an Eljiah type queue, even the really popular guests like Carrie and Nicholas I dont imagine will have 7am queues apart from the die hard fans who want a ticket in the 10s, im perfectly happy to get a ticket in the 150-200s and wait around a few hours.

I got my ticket at C3 for Billy at about 10:30 and met him by 3pm so as long as you are there before midday I dont see a problem in meeting him, defently no need to get there for a stupid time like 7am, no one attending C6 will have an Eljiah type queue, even the really popular guests like Carrie and Nicholas I dont imagine will have 7am queues apart from the die hard fans who want a ticket in the 10s, im perfectly happy to get a ticket in the 150-200s and wait around a few hours.

ou wont get tickets in the tens anyway if you get there that early, the dealers get theres first, the first 50 or so usually. My mate has a stall there so I usually get his tickets saves me having to run around every queue as he doesnt bother getting autos.

:P

you wont get tickets in the tens anyway if you get there that early, the dealers get theres first, the first 50 or so usually.

:P

See, now I know they have to make a living, but that to me isn't fair. It's exactly what happened with Eliza Dushku at the other event and it ultimately meant that us mere mortals eventually got herded through and could only get 2 things signed with no photos. Which was a bummer for me as I'd promised three other people from the States that I'd get photos for them and I couldnt. There should be a dealer hour - preferably at the end of the day! - when they can get all the things they want signed, and I really hope that Showmasters implement a strict 5 items per person rule for ticket holders during the day in the busy queues. That way more of us might stand a chance of actually meeting the guests.

That thing about the dealers can't be entirely right. When I was at C4 I had ticket 4 for Anthony Head and 18 for Kristanna Loken...

Or did they change that for C5? I remember that there was seperate signing time for the dealers at LFACC on Sunday morning before the doors opened.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

ou wont get tickets in the tens anyway if you get there that early, the dealers get theres first, the first 50 or so usually. My mate has a stall there so I usually get his tickets saves me having to run around every queue as he doesnt bother getting autos.

:wub:

The dealer thing is not entirely correct. Certainly some dealers may well have a contract with the “star” if they are involved in them coming over (I suspect M.Otto is a case in point). Therefore they will have it agreed that they get a number of autographs signed for them but such would be the numbers that this would take place away fro the actually event. It maybe that some of the stall holders/dealers get access to early tickets purely on the grounds that they are there early or maybe as an “act of kindness” from SM to thank they stall holders for paying for stall space.

The only time I have been in a queue early which was blocked up by “dealers” was at LFCC for Bob Anderson and that was awful. At all other times it has just been us sad geeks.

Anyway, good Luck to you Buff Daddy for getting away with some queuing – you sod :P

Edited by Noddy

When do you reckon you'd need to get there on Saturday to meet Billy Boyd? I'm asking this on behalf of a friend who can only make it on that day (I'm there all three days). She says her train leaves London at 9.30 and I'm not sure what time she'll be arriving at. I'm not sure she'll get there early enough. I wasn't at C4 when Billy appeared so I don't know how popular he'll be. Should I advise her to try and get an earlier train?

Thats way to late saturday is the busyist day. When I met Billy at c3 I got there at about 8.30. But more and more people go there now so it's getting busyer and busyer.At c4 for Elijah on the sunday when it opened at 10 and I got there at 7.30.

I would say get there at 8

^_^

The dealer thing is not entirely correct. Certainly some dealers may well have a contract with the “star” if they are involved in them coming over (I suspect M.Otto is a case in point). Therefore they will have it agreed that they get a number of autographs signed for them but such would be the numbers that this would take place away fro the actually event. It maybe that some of the stall holders/dealers get access to early tickets purely on the grounds that they are there early or maybe as an “act of kindness” from SM to thank they stall holders for paying for stall space.

The only time I have been in a queue early which was blocked up by “dealers” was at LFCC for Bob Anderson and that was awful. At all other times it has just been us sad geeks.

Anyway, good Luck to you Buff Daddy for getting away with some queuing – you sod ^_^

Hehehehe

Cheers, Im not meeting the BuFFy guests so those tickets I dont need, apparently he told me that SM go around the stalls before the show and give them tickets (If they want them),and then they can go whenever they want through the day I guess.

I should add that this guy is not an autograph dealer and wont get 25 pictures signed like the guy at C5 Joe P just threw his hands up in the air and apologised to everyone ine the queue, he was more p1$$ed off than us!!

Edited by BuFF DaDDy

@ C3 i went quite early and got to meet Andy and Billy almost straight away, C4, i knew it would be manic so i got up @ about 3.30 and went to the centre for about 4.30. I was right but it was great cause everyone made a beeline for Elijah and Dom and i made a beeline for Sean, I was about number 9 to meet Andy and something like 61 to meet Sean.

The thing you have to remember is the guest wont be there for a while in most cases so the important thing is to get the ticket as soon as you do go find who else you want to meet and get a ticket. Once you have all the tickets you want, go get breakfast and chill out!

theres some fantastic cafes around the centre.

then check back to the one you have the earliest ticket with, arrange them in order of ticket number not who you want to meet first for the best chance of getting through them all!

My bet is if you go straight to Mirandas ticket line you will stand an okish chance of meeting her... though it could take all day!

It is a fantastic system, i think the best one for this kind of event. It works and no matter what there will always be disapointment.

I would love to just go say hi to Billy and Thomas, i may just do cause i have Billys at least three times and thomas once also. I really want a pic with thomas cause my camera was broken last time!

Last thing...

ENJOY EVER MOMENT.

they may be some disapointment but dont think about that, think about the wonderful experince you are about to have!

hugs

Veasse xx

yeah, the dealer thing really bugged me too.

When we were in the queue for Brad Dourif at C5, it was almost our turn, in fact we had just handed our money over, when two guys just got put in front of us, so we had to wait, not only while they had Brad sign a stack of autos, but for the two guys to have a photo each with Brad...we were not very happy ^_^

As for Billy, I guess there is only one solution...the earlier the better. Although I wouldn't go as far as getting there at 4am in the morning, like people have said they did for C4...I love my bed too much for that ^_^

If you are only going for the 1 day then you might find it a little difficult to meet everyone you want but I have always gone for just the 1 day and have meet everyone I set out to meet and dont see C6 being any different, at the moment I will only be going on the Saturday but if any major star wars guests are announced then I may come on the friday also, meet nearly everyone and then go back on the saturday for just 1 or 2 of the guests, that way you know you will meet everyone you want to and not leave dissapointed.

@ C3 i went quite early and got to meet Andy and Billy almost straight away, C4, i knew it would be manic so i got up @ about 3.30 and went to the centre for about 4.30. I was right but it was great cause everyone made a beeline for Elijah and Dom and i made a beeline for Sean, I was about number 9 to meet Andy and something like 61 to meet Sean.

The thing you have to remember is the guest wont be there for a while in most cases so the important thing is to get the ticket as soon as you do go find who else you want to meet and get a ticket. Once you have all the tickets you want, go get breakfast and chill out!

then check back to the one you have the earliest ticket with, arrange them in order of ticket number not who you want to meet first for the best chance of getting through them all!

My bet is if you go straight to Mirandas ticket line you will stand an okish chance of meeting her... though it could take all day!

It is a fantastic system, i think the best one for this kind of event. It works and no matter what there will always be disapointment.

I would love to just go say hi to Billy and Thomas, i may just do cause i have Billys at least three times and thomas once also. I really want a pic with thomas cause my camera was broken last time!

Last thing...

ENJOY EVER MOMENT.

they may be some disapointment but dont think about that, think about the wonderful experince you are about to have!

hugs

Veasse xx

Thanks for this, its my first collectormania and I need advice. Me and my mate were planning to run and grab all the tickets we want and then meet up and grab some food!

Im running for Nic Brendon, Billy Boyd and Mirando Otto and maybe Tom Lenk.

KIWI :lol:

Last thing...

ENJOY EVER MOMENT.

hugs

Veasse xx

Thanks for this, its my first collectormania and I need advice. Me and my mate were planning to run and grab all the tickets we want and then meet up and grab some food!

Im running for Nic Brendon, Billy Boyd and Mirando Otto and maybe Tom Lenk.

KIWI :D

Thats the best advice to anyone, get your tickets first, dont look around the stalls , head straight for the guest you want to mee the most, on Friday for me its Miranda and then Billy Dee no question, sat will be Carrie, when youve got the tickets start heading for the guests you want to meet, remember that not all guests turn up the same time.

Joe P didnt turn up untill about 11 at C5 and people were just standing around waiting for him, so I went off and met Robert Englund etc, when Joe P arrived then joined that queue.

My advice to you and anyone is DONT PANIC! Just like The Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy!

;);)