CHEVRON 7.8 Announcement

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are DELIGHTED to announce that Chevron 7.8 will be a very special event! :D

We have just confirmed our first 2 guests will be AMANDA TAPPING and ROBIN DUNNE. :YAHOO:

We all know Amanda as Samantha Carter from all Stargate series'. Most of us will also know that she is Dr Helen Magnus in Sanctuary!

Robin Dunne is her co-lead on Sanctuary playing Dr Will Zimmerman!

EVENT DETAILS :

Chevron 7.8 will take place on 24th to 26th February 2012 at The Radisson Edwardian Hotel, Heathrow. It is a great hotel with whom we have a fantastic relationship with and the facilities there will help ensure that the event will be the special weekend we all want! :D

Normally we would put tickets on sale at Chevron 7.7 but in this case we want to give people as much time as possible to be able to book their tickets to what is sure to be a sold out event! We therefore will be making tickets available online to people with a Chevron 7.7 ticket from 6pm on Wednesday 5th October. They will then go on general sale to everyone else at 6pm on Wednesday 12th October. We feel that this is the right way to do this as we want to ensure that those who support the events get the first chance to buy tickets to the next event as that is what normally happens from one show to the next! :D

For those of you with Chevron 7.7 tickets, all you will need to do when ordering before 12th October is quote your order number in the box at the bottom of the screen where you normally give us the ticket holders names. If you do not have an order number because you purchased them at the previous event then please just tell us that!

As always we try to keep the ticket prices as low as we can as we want to make the events an experience that is as inclusive as possible for all. There will be a slight increase in price for this event, but we hope that you will agree it is well worth it.

Gold Programmes will be £225

Silver Programmes will be £165

Standard Programmes will be £98

VIP Programmes will be £1295

What is included in the programmes will be as normal and the same as for Chevron 7.7. That means that ALL ticket holders will get an in person autograph with Amanda at the event. For those of you going Gold, Amanda will also be taking part in the drinks reception on Friday night as normal! In fact, Amanda is really looking forward to taking part in all aspects of the event! :D

We hope that you are as excited as we are that we have finally managed to get Amanda to one of our events! We know it is going to be an amazing weekend and Amanda is really looking forward to coming over and meeting everyone! Robin is also looking forward to meeting you all and we hope to have more guest announcements very soon! :YAHOO:

Thanks

Mark & Jason :D (2 very excited Stargate fans who have never met Amanda)! :P

Will extra autographs be available for Amanda or will we be limited to only one like we were with RDA?

For RDA we were informed about the limit right from the start, so I'd think it would have been mentioned if there were no extras. But I'll try to get this confirmed.

Will extra autographs be available for Amanda or will we be limited to only one like we were with RDA?

For RDA we were informed about the limit right from the start, so I'd think it would have been mentioned if there were no extras. But I'll try to get this confirmed.

Mark has kindly confirmed that extra autographs will indeed be available for Amanda.

He is already in London for EMS, so he couldn't confirm the ticket price. But autograph tickets will go on sale along with the entry tickets.

Hi knowing everyone is at EMS I don't expect a quick reply, as I mentioned in the thread on 7.7 my daughter has a birthday later on this year and would become to old for a child ticket and I have no-one to look after her the weekend of 7.8 meaning that at the age of 11 I am having to purchase a full price adult ticket for her, she doesn't watch stargate and came to her first one due to a similar issue however enjoyed the parties so I have brought her to the last 3 with the one in November being her last one where she is still old enought to be a child ticket holder however a few weeks after that is her birthday so she is to old for 7.8. I was going to try and have a word with Jason and Mark @ 7.7 to see if they would look at amending the child tickets (currently aged 10 and under) to make it more in line with the likes of alton towers (12) etc.... she is still at primary school and it just annoyes me that to be able to come she would have to have the same level of ticket as me (normally gold although have gone silver at 7.7)at an adult premium, she doesn't know who half the guests are and yes I would probably have the xtra autos/pics of the people she isn't interested in but I do like to be near the front to get decent pics myself so going standard isn't an option. I understand child tickets are cheap for a reason and they don't get anything although I have purchased photo ops in the past for RDA - it had to be done and teryl (she was in a disney film that she liked), I know in all likelyhood nothing can be done so will end up most probably getting silver for us both. Just having a little gripe .......... knew I should have brought up the child ticket age limit issue at a previous event..

Also need to say, fab guests well done, you have really pulled it out of the bag on this one didn't think you would get Amanda next year so well done guys!

You can try e-mailing the office, unfortunately that is nothing that can be solved on here.

I'm sure the office had their reasons for setting up the child tickets at the age they currently have them. I totally see that this is not the best situation for you, but there has to be a cut off age at some point.

A lot of attractions have different age limites for child ticket. Disneyland for example is just 9, then you're considered an adult.

You'd like to see the date raised to 12, but then the next parent will say "hey, my son just turned 13 and is only coming because I can't find someone to watch him. Why does he have to pay full price?"

You are quite right QS, there has to be a cut off at some point, its my fault not bringing it up before, as mentioned i was going to speak to the guys at 7.7, tbh was going to try and get them at bitten but they were always busy.... just kicking myself if i had and they would have said yes its still sticking at 10 and under would never have brought it up, its one of those i wonder if i had of mentioned it ..... moments.

On other note it did used to be under 16's - certainly at the first heroes event and the age was reduced some point after that although that was £50 i think and included auto's if i remember correctly.

Looks like it will be silver for us both!!

Mark has kindly confirmed that extra autographs will indeed be available for Amanda.

He is already in London for EMS, so he couldn't confirm the ticket price. But autograph tickets will go on sale along with the entry tickets.

Thanks, I don't urgently need to know the price, just good to know that it's possible to get an extra auto.

I suppose with her seeming to be a normal guest with no restrictions like RDA, photo shoots with her will also be available to Standard ticket holders? I should have asked before but I don't usually get photo shoots so didn't think to ask.

Thanks, I don't urgently need to know the price, just good to know that it's possible to get an extra auto.

I suppose with her seeming to be a normal guest with no restrictions like RDA, photo shoots with her will also be available to Standard ticket holders? I should have asked before but I don't usually get photo shoots so didn't think to ask.

I suspect if there were going to be any restrictions for photo shoots then it would have been mentioned in the initial announcement.

I suspect if there were going to be any restrictions for photo shoots then it would have been mentioned in the initial announcement.

Just checking, thanks.

This sounds like it is gooing to be a fantastic event (as always) can't wait. My lodger is a huge fan of Amanda but has been making fun of me for going to conventions for ages now. I guess he will have to tkae back some of the jokes and pay up if he wants to meet his idol.

Hee Hee. Love it when this sort of thing happens.

All i need to do now is figure out if i can afford the tickets.

On a separate note, does this mean we can start pestering for other guests at this event as well as 7.7 ???

Edited by Britfan54