Latest Guest Announcement - PAUL MCGANN

2 hours ago, fanowaty said:

Fabulous, thank you, SM! I've got a photoshoot booked for Paul on Sunday (batch 2), hoping to get his autograph on one of the days he is attending too.

Paul was the first Doctor my brother and I met back in 2014 at SM Belfast con, a very nice guy! Hope you enjoy meeting him, fanowaty!

• 2 weeks later...

Strange decision to have Paul McGann’s queue open from the start today and have it right at the edge of the busiest entrance to the tables of the “biggest” guests. Other (for want of a better word) “smaller” guests are on them immediately. I think it’s safe to assume he’ll be more in demand than usual due to the high number of other Doctors over the weekend. Queue already stretching right back to the gallery and almost blocking the entrance with no sign of anybody doing anything about it.

2 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Strange decision to have Paul McGann’s queue open from the start today and have it right at the edge of the busiest entrance to the tables of the “biggest” guests. Other (for want of a better word) “smaller” guests are on them immediately. I think it’s safe to assume he’ll be more in demand than usual due to the high number of other Doctors over the weekend. Queue already stretching right back to the gallery and almost blocking the entrance with no sign of anybody doing anything about it.

Is it not on VQ?

58 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

Well. He is on VQ.

Yes he will be now and I knew he would be eventually but it didn’t bother me and I was in the initial Q anyway and got him after 10 minutes. My point in my original post was that it was obvious that he was going to go VQ and it is annoying when you get up to the desk early enough (as many many people did) to get a decent VQ number to be told he’s not doing them, you then leave, come back an hour later to find a massive Q and they’re handing out VQ number 260. It’s happened to me in the past and like I said baffling he wasn’t on VQ from opening. 

Just now, Ravogd said:

Yes he will be now and I knew he would be eventually but it didn’t bother me and I was in the initial Q anyway and got him after 10 minutes. My point in my original post was that it was obvious that he was going to go VQ and it is annoying when you get up to the desk early enough (as many many people did) to get a decent VQ number to be told he’s not doing them, you then leave, come back an hour later to find a massive Q and they’re handing out VQ number 260. It’s happened to me in the past and like I said baffling he wasn’t on VQ from opening. 

Yes, sometimes it happens. Unfortunately sometimes SM gets the "who needs a VQ?" wrong. There's a limited amount of crew, and if too many people call out sometimes cuts are made in "on the line" positions and things end up on the wrong side of the line - but then they will be dealt with immediately.