General Chat

27 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

I also hear Laurel

but the crazy thing is that at first I heard Yanny very distinctly and was like lol is this a joke how can anyone hear Laurel. Then I played it again and boom I could only hear Laurel since, I’ve been trying to force myself to hear Yanny again even changing device, volume, and all but I couldn’t. I’ve seen people explaining it as there are basically both frequencies in the same clip, but why did my ears/brain decide to switch focus from one to the other at some point? I’m so confused :mellow:

Sensation and perception isn't a research area i"m familar with, but perhaps it's just like visual attention. You only have the ability to really focus on one thing at a time, but your eyes can sometimes direct your focus without your concious input based on whatever information most salient. Like the illusions that are two pictures in one (I think it's the bunny and the duck). To begin with you see one, but as you begin to notice the other one, you can't switch back?

Did not plan to but now I am stuck infront of the tv, a channel is showing the second Transformers so by that I am keeping up my promise to see something with each guest I am meeting, so this time Megan Fox. The movie is already 9 years old..blimey!

Edited by Chris1970

18 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Did not plan to but now I am stuck infront of the tv, a channel is showing the second Transformers so by that I am keeping up my promise to see something with each guest I am meeting, so this time Megan Fox. The movie is already 9 years old..blimey!

I think I watched that film the millionth time last month, they’re always on UK tv :lol:

4 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I think I watched that film the millionth time last month, they’re always on UK tv :lol:

Was planning to watch ”Jennifer’s Body” but Transformers will do as well. Some movies tends to be running all the time, like Die Hard and Beverly Hills Cop..

9 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I love watching movies with lfcc guests in them (once I actually confirm which guests i'm meeting!)

In 2015, I went home briefly after the Saturday and watched BTTF; it got me so hyped for the big reunion talk the next day. Since then I too try to watch at least one thing per guest in the month leading up to lfcc.

Not sure about the choice to watch revenge of the fallen though :P it's like the worst tranformers movie. That's saying something.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

12 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Not sure about the choice to watch revenge of the fallen though :P it's like the worst tranformers movie. That's saying something.

I dont own any of the Transformers movies and a channel was showing this one at 10pm yesterday, so did not have much of a choice. ^_^ I am actually pretty much up to date with the guests I am meeting this year. I have skipped the GoT guests as I see that show kind of regulary anyway. Now I just have to wait and see what SM are cooking up this evening with the new guest(s), more booking and more movies to watch..:rolleyes:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I dont own any of the Transformers movies and a channel was showing this one at 10pm yesterday, so did not have much of a choice. ^_^ I am actually pretty much up to date with the guests I am meeting this year. I have skipped the GoT guests as I see that show kind of regulary anyway. Now I just have to wait and see what SM are cooking up this evening with the new guest(s), more booking and more movies to watch..:rolleyes:

I think watching no movie is better than that ;) When it comes to meeting guests, I always try to set, and stick to, an on-the-day budget (so a budget that doesn't include my photos or diamond passes), which means having to miss out on some people that would be nice to meet, but not essential. However this means sometimes making tough choices, and moving people in and out of my list based on my current obsessions, and any announcements. It's a nice cost effective measure, but it means my 'final' list is always in flux

Edited by tenaciouspirit

6 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Next year the new series of 'the Lord of the Rings' is airing on Amazon, i'm gonna watch that :D  about a young Aragorn

Just you wait, Butterflash Cumberstout will play Aragon and Martin Freeman Bilbo.... :blink:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Just you wait, Butterflash Cumberstout will play Aragon and Martin Freeman Bilbo.... :blink:

Wha?

I could live with that, though I'm not sure about long Cumberhair.

White was enough

Image result for the fifth estate