General Chat

36 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Nerd Who I forgot to tell you at the weekend as well, my sister went to get Pearl Mackie’s autograph and because her photograph was that Pyrmaid at the End Of the World one with Pearl, Peter and Matt on it, Pearl said to my sister that she was going to write and draw all over Peter’s body and face for a laugh until my sister said that she was getting the same photo signed by Peter in July so she decided against it. In July though she’s going to tell Peter that Pearl wanted to doodle all over him to see what he says, he will probably get revenge and scribble all over her! :laugh:

Oh my, I’d quite like Pearl to scribble over my autograph, it’d make it more unique, but it’s a bit rude to Peter and not good for your sister’s collection :P I can already see Peter frowning when your sister tells him this story :D

Edited by Nerd Who

21 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Chris1970 I’ll just get rid of my surname and then I’m good to go :dance:

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Not for real I hope. :lol:

People changing their names for autographs and conventions, that’s some dedication :o

:P

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Maybe it can spill over to lfcc as well, a guest or two.

It's not impossible, they have announced for other events when doing LFCC ones but we have had a few recently so I wouldn't bet on it.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

It's not impossible, they have announced for other events when doing LFCC ones but we have had a few recently so I wouldn't bet on it.

True, I guess it will only happen if it is someone SM have signed up for a number of cons.

21 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I wish that autograph authentication company was coming to LFCC on the 29th as well, I could do with a few autographs authenticating! 

Awk no! I read it as them being there the whole weekend! Was gonna get my Eccleston auto authenticated! :(

Edited by wjbleming

7 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I have a few I might bring, it is after my dads aunt who used to work for film studios in the early 30’s until late 50’s. See if I can dig them out, they are at my mum and dad.

That sounds like a quite a collection!

Just now, R4wly97 said:

That sounds like a quite a collection!

Well, not so much..just a few. You dont ask for autos when you work with them or close to them. When I was very young I went with her to studios, in Europe as well as in US in the summer. I remember meeting some, but some I was too young to remember.

11 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I have a few I might bring, it is after my dads aunt who used to work for film studios in the early 30’s until late 50’s. See if I can dig them out, they are at my mum and dad.

It might be advisable to look at the costs Chris, you can put the celebs name into their search function and it will tell you what the price will be.  That way you can get an idea if you want to take the stuff down in case it's too much, bearing in mind they are doing a special price at the SM events

• Thanks 1

Just now, Raylenth said:

It might be advisable to look at the costs Chris, you can put the celebs name into their search function and it will tell you what the price will be.  That way you can get an idea if you want to take the stuff down in case it's too much, bearing in mind they are doing a special price at the SM events

I actually will. If it is worth it I will, nice to have on print. I dont think my aunt would have fake them, no need. Plus I would need to pack them better than best for the flight and carry them all day at lfcc. Some might be very valuable.

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I actually will. If it is worth it I will, nice to have on print. I dont think my aunt would have fake them, no need. Plus I would need to pack them better than best for the flight and carry them all day at lfcc. Some might be very valuable.

The SM price seems quite reduced, the lowest fee on the site is $20 whereas the SM price starts at $8, so it's quite a bit lower.

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The SM price seems quite reduced, the lowest fee on the site is $20 whereas the SM price starts at $8, so it's quite a bit lower.

Yes, that is what caught my eye. I wont be able to get a better price, plus a bonus to do it in person rather than send it somewhere.

There's 2 I could have done so I'll think about it.  I wouldn't bother with most of my collection even the Cumberones but the 2 I think would be most 'valuable' might be worth doing.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

There's 2 I could have done so I'll think about it.  I wouldn't bother with most of my collection even the Cumberones but the 2 I think would be most 'valuable' might be worth doing.

I know there is a Charlie Chaplin one, James Stewart and Ingrid Bergman as well. There might be a few more but I have to look.