General Chat

@Nerd Who I’ve never listened to the Big Finish ones but I have listened to some audio adventures :P

I think I just liked how dramatic and gruesome Miracle Day was and I kind of liked how they flipped it so Jack could die for a bit, not because I don’t like Jack but it kind of scared me at that point that Jack could die which I kind of liked if that makes sense! :lol:

It was always Doctor Who for me, always has been and always will be, nothing will take its place as my favourite show!:lol:

Yeah Manchester is a nice city you should definitely visit it whenever you come to the UK, if you go to Media City in Manchester and go to the BBC hq there’s a few Doctor Who props you can have photos with!

3 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I like Miracle Day too. Any torchwood was better than no torchwood :P

Fair enough :P At the time it didn’t feel very true to Torchwood’s original spirit, but now I miss Jack, Gwen & the whole team so much anything would do :P:P:P

5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Nerd Who

It was always Doctor Who for me, always has been and always will be, nothing will take its place as my favourite show!:lol:

Yeah Manchester is a nice city you should definitely visit it whenever you come to the UK, if you go to Media City in Manchester and go to the BBC hq there’s a few Doctor Who props you can have photos with!

It’s the same for me now, I’ve been a diehard Whovian for almost a decade and I don’t think any other series could ever take Doctor Who’s place in my heart at this point. It’s just that when the new series started airing in the UK, we didn’t get it immediately in Europe, I think it was on cable television only at first, let alone the Classic series which still has never been fully broadcasted here. So I started watching the series a few years late, I wasn’t sure at first because it looked like there were too many episodes to catch up with, then for same reason I stumbled upon Torchwood on the telly first, loved the characters, I was intrigued to check the main series as well, and never left :wub: So that’s basically my Doctor Who story lol :lol:

I’d love to visit the Media City in Manchester one day, I’ve been on tour to both old and new BBC Broadcasting Houses in London and I’ve seen the TARDIS and Daleks they have there, so I’d be great to repeat the same experience! :D

@Nerd Who I love hearing about people’s Doctor Who stories thank you for sharing! :D

Mine’s pretty boring I started watching the show when I was 6 and I’ve never looked back it is basically my life! :lol:

The last time I went to Media City they had Twelve’s TARDIS and a series 8 promo cardboard cut out of Twelve and Clara!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

You absolutely have to get your picture taken standing on the invisible lift entrance to the Hub - that is if you can find it, obviously :P

I'd be adamant about getting it done, too if I was in Cardiff! Anyone with me that doesn't know about it would probably think I'm mad!

"I have to do this while I'm here, you just wouldn't understand!" :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

@Nerd Who I love hearing about people’s Doctor Who stories thank you for sharing! :D

Mine’s pretty boring I started watching the show when I was 6 and I’ve never looked back it is basically my life! :lol:

That's not boring at all, that's actually better - I wish I had discovered Doctor Who sooner so I could enjoy it "live" in the moment instead of catching up at the end of Tennant's era...

27 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I'd be adamant about getting it done, too if I was in Cardiff! Anyone with me that doesn't know about it would probably think I'm mad!

Don't worry, your priorities are in the right place :P Anyway when I visited Cardiff there was some kind of advertising all over the "Torchwood Tower" which sort of ruined the picture, though :(:angry:

Edited by Nerd Who

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

At least wait until after next pay day :wacko:

Exactly, my finances are struggling to keep up with the announcements :P

I think we’ll have new guests in about 2 weeks, but maybe not as many big names as last Friday. There are already 13 Diamond guests, which is almost as many as they had in total last year :o