New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

Just now, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Those are really nice!

I love the Sherlocked one and that's why I used it for the extra auto's I had at Sherlocked, it's one of the press images from the promotion of series 4.  I don't dislike the Finn and Benedict ones but wouldn't use them for signing as I have my own posters but they aren't bad if someone wanted to use them if they didn't have anything.

28 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I finally took some more photos so here are the prints we got with Finn Jones Diamond and Benedict Cumberbatch Diamond

And the print we got at the last SHerlocked

Wow, they’re beautiful! :o Another great option to get signed instead of regular 10x8 photos - I find smaller photos easier to store, but those posters would be really spectacular to hang around the house.

I especially love your Sherlocked poster with autos from all the cast, that’s so collection goals! :wub:

1 minute ago, Nerd Who said:

I especially love your Sherlocked poster with autos from all the cast, that’s so collection goals! :wub:

I shouldn't show you the rest of my very large and not at all obsessive Sherlock collection then!

• Haha 1

And if anyone is interested so you can see what they are like, these are the Diamond Pass dog tags.  The holes at the bottom are from where the crew punch them to show you have done that activity - Auto and Photo, and you can see from Finns and Mads where it says what day the photo was.

P_20180311_143530P_20180311_143548P_20180311_143620

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I love the Sherlocked one and that's why I used it for the extra auto's I had at Sherlocked, it's one of the press images from the promotion of series 4.  I don't dislike the Finn and Benedict ones but wouldn't use them for signing as I have my own posters but they aren't bad if someone wanted to use them if they didn't have anything.

I didn't even bother taking my Natalie Dormer one; I wasn't getting it signed, it wasn't the reason I bought the pass and to be honest I didn't want it burdening me for the rest of the day having to carry it around. 

The dog tag though I wore all day with beaming pride :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

So did I Cumberone :lol:

I'm surprised you don't introduce yourself to people on this forum with it:

11 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hello, welcome to the forum!

I know you only registered 6 minutes, ago, but just wondering if you've seen my Benedict Cumberbatch #1 diamond pass?

Just in case you haven't, here it is again:

40037362474_4764ecee39_b.jpg

And again, welcome to the forum! #Cumberone

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

And if anyone is interested so you can see what they are like, these are the Diamond Pass dog tags.  The holes at the bottom are from where the crew punch them to show you have done that activity - Auto and Photo, and you can see from Finns and Mads where it says what day the photo was.

P_20180311_143530P_20180311_143548P_20180311_143620

And the number is for Auto queue?

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

And the number is for Auto queue?

Yes, it's the pass number so if they are calling you up in batches of say 30, then I would have been in the third group called for Mads and Finn.

• Thanks 1

@Raylenth I have another question about the diamond pass: I checked on the page where tickets and pass are sold and on "more info" there is written that you can choose the day for it...you know if it's true?
Because right now I'm hyped again and if I can save enough money in short time I'm thinking to get the diamond pass...or the photo op with both Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie. ^_^

Edited by Gloria

15 minutes ago, Gloria said:

@Raylenth I have another question about the diamond pass: I checked on the page where tickets and pass are sold and on "more info" there is written that you can choose the day for it...it's true?
Because right now I'm hyped again and if I can save enough money in short time I'm thinking to get the diamond pass...or the photo op with both Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie. ^_^

Diamond pass activities take place over the whole weekend Gloria, you can choose the day of your photo, but you can't buy a Diamond pass for say Sunday as they are not day specific (rare exceptions apply).  

You can do it that 2 activities take place on the same day - using Peter as an example, his talk is on Sunday so you can pick that day to have your photo as well but passes are not a way to guarantee doing everything in a day.  The question is always the auto's, you can only join the line after your pass number has been called.  Making up an example, if you have a Diamond guest doing Saturday and Sunday and you have pass number 200, if they only call up to 150 on the Saturday you would have to wait until Sunday to join the queue.  If you have pass no 1 but only wanted to go Sunday that would be fine as your number will be called Saturday and you can join the queue any time after your number has been called, which means you can join it on Sunday - there are occasionally exceptions when a pass may be day specific, Cumberbatches was last year and I think MJF's was as well but that is rare and will be clearly stated when you buy it.  The issue would be if you had a high pass number and only wanted to go Friday/Saturday, if you aren't called for your auto on those days and can't attend when you will be called you would need to ask the crew for help but there is no guarantee they will be able to if you need to go through before you are called. 

Also, using Peter as an example, if you buy a pass for him and only want to go Saturday and decide to take a risk on trying to get his auto on Saturday, his talk is on Sunday so you would obviously miss that as he will only be doing the 1 solo talk which is the one included in the pass.  You would not be able to go to a Saturday talk instead nor get a refund on that part of the pass.

So you can do everything in a day if you plan it right and it's more possible if it's Sunday you want to do but it's not guaranteed particularly if you have a high pass number and want to do Saturday or Friday.

I hope that made sense.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yes, it's the pass number so if they are calling you up in batches of say 30, then I would have been in the third group called for Mads and Finn.

Were you able to get both photo and auto the same day?

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Diamond pass activities take place over the whole weekend Gloria, you can choose the day of your photo, but you can't buy a Diamond pass for say Sunday as they are not day specific (rare exceptions apply).  

You can do it that 2 activities take place on the same day - using Peter as an example, his talk is on Sunday so you can pick that day to have your photo as well but passes are not a way to guarantee doing everything in a day.  The question is always the auto's, you can only join the line after your pass number has been called.  Making up an example, if you have a Diamond guest doing Saturday and Sunday and you have pass number 200, if they only call up to 150 on the Saturday you would have to wait until Sunday to join the queue.  If you have pass no 1 but only wanted to go Sunday that would be fine as your number will be called Saturday and you can join the queue any time after your number has been called, which means you can join it on Sunday - there are occasionally exceptions when a pass may be day specific, Cumberbatches was last year and I think MJF's was as well but that is rare and will be clearly stated when you buy it.  The issue would be if you had a high pass number and only wanted to go Friday/Saturday, if you aren't called for your auto on those days and can't attend when you will be called you would need to ask the crew for help but there is no guarantee they will be able to if you need to go through before you are called. 

So you can do everything in a day if you plan it right and it's more possible if it's Sunday you want to do but it's not guaranteed particularly if you have a high pass number and want to do Saturday or Friday.

I hope that made sense.

Yes, it made sense!
And reading again the description, the part about choosing the day it's only on the photo op section of the description...now that you said it, it makes more sense XD
So - hoping to not sound dumb but I want to make sure to have understood correctly - if the number I could get will be called on Saturday, I can join the queue anytime on Sunday?
I could also try to plan my trip to go to both Saturday and Sunday to be sure to not miss anything, but I'll end up having less time to sightseeing since (not counting the arrival & leaving days) I'll stay for less than a week :/ Well, I'll think about it.
Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Were you able to get both photo and auto the same day?

I can't remember to be honest.  With Mads I think I had them on different days but that was by choice and can't remember for Finn but I think I could have - both were there 3 days so I think they called all Diamonds nearly straight away.  But it's worth remembering for guests who are there less days and are rarer it's more unlikely to be able to do it all in a day by chance - Sunday is obviously the easier day if you can pick Sunday for the photo, it's trying to do them both on Saturday if you have a high number/later purchase that will be more tricky.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I can't remember to be honest.  With Mads I think I had them on different days but that was by choice and can't remember for Finn but I think I could have - both were there 3 days so I think they called all Diamonds nearly straight away.  But it's worth remembering for guests who are there less days and are rarer it's more unlikely to be able to do it all in a day by chance - Sunday is obviously the easier day if you can pick Sunday for the photo, it's trying to do them both on Saturday if you have a high number/later purchase that will be more tricky.

I took a look on last years LFCC schedule, it gives a good signal what to expect. I did not have any diamond then as I was only there one day. But this year all three and hopefully more than one Diamond. 

4 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Yes, it made sense!
And reading again the description, the part about choosing the day it's only on the photo op section of the description...now that you said it, it makes more sense XD
So - hoping to not sound dumb but I want to make sure to have understood correctly - if the number I could get will be called on Saturday, I can join the queue anytime on Sunday?
I could also try to plan my trip to go to both Saturday and Sunday to be sure to not miss anything, but I'll end up having less time to sightseeing since (not counting the arrival & leaving days) I'll stay for less than a week :/ Well, I'll think about it.
Thank you!

It's no problem Gloria, it's better to make sure you get it, believe me there have been times when a guest who truly excites me has been announced and you can get caught up on what the meaning of 'the' in the package details mean because you start to over read it :D

So basically yes, unless the package details indicate there is a restriction and the auto's would be day specific which would be rare, if your number is in a batch called on Saturday then you can go through Sunday if you wish. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's no problem Gloria, it's better to make sure you get it, believe me there have been times when a guest who truly excites me has been announced and you can get caught up on what the meaning of 'the' in the package details mean because you start to over read it :D

So basically yes, unless the package details indicate there is a restriction and the auto's would be day specific which would be rare, if your number is in a batch called on Saturday then you can go through Sunday if you wish. 

Can it be desided if the auto will be day specific later closer to the event? As of now all Diamond are day specific for photo but not auto.