New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

2 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Can you give the guests presents like chocolate?

If so has anyone done this before?

I think gift giving does happen, but some guests have notices saying they can't accept any (with reasons of travel usually given) x

3 minutes ago, Broo said:

I think gift giving does happen, but some guests have notices saying they can't accept any (with reasons of travel usually given) x

I gave Natalie Dormer a ”Dala horse”, symbol from where I am from. She loved it. But like @Broo say it depends from guest to guest. 

You can, chocolate is a good one as they can eat it at the event if they want, it's stuff that people give for them to take away that's the big issue as they often don't take most/any of it as they can't carry it.

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Well, think size too. :o Mine was like 5cm x 5cm so it was not big, she even remembered me giving it to her when I met her in November so it can make an impact. 

Oh that's fab! <3

1 minute ago, Broo said:

Oh that's fab! <3

I was nervous at first coz I was not sure she would accept gifts but she did and loved it. I dunno if you know what they look like but if you are curious just have a look. They are hand painted not so far from me and I ordered one and added the Tyrell rose on it. More personal then was my idea.

Horse

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I wonder how you'd know that, broo... ;)

Oh gosh, you know, I have absolutely no idea how I happened upon that little tidbit of information, coulda been from anywhere or anyone... 

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

Can you give the guests presents like chocolate?

28 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

I might actually give him a chocolate made in Lithuania, don't think he's ate one before. 

I was considering bringing him a present from Italy too, like either a souvenir or some local food specialties which he might appreciate since he has Italian roots :D but it’d be really impractical to bring any foods on the plane while traveling with a carry-on bag only, and they might get spoiled if bought a few days in advance...

So I don’t know what to do, it seemed a nice idea but I can’t just give him a bag of pasta :P:P:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Sniff sniff... I sniff a story to tell :D

Haha nothing interesting I'm afraid, just think to who 90% of my conversations are about ;)

Edit: oops wj answered already, sorry!

Edited by Broo
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chris1970 said:

Ok, I get the picture. :unsure:

You could give him cards and postcards but yeah, that was it.

At Sherlocked I gave all the guests tiny crochet roses in bottles that I made, I gave them knowing they would probably be thrown away but I like making them and hoped they might like them enough to keep them 

Image may contain: food

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

You could give him cards and postcards but yeah, that was it.

At Sherlocked I gave all the guests tiny crochet roses in bottles that I made, I gave them knowing they would probably be thrown away but I like making them and hoped they might like them enough to keep them 

Image may contain: food

Wow! I would love one! :o

• Like 1