Countdown....

evilfairie

I've too have started sorting through what to take to be signed and I've rounded up my silver Sharpies. :) Also trying to decide about what clothes to take. Especially which Victorian ones for the pics on the Victorian sets! I need to rewatch TAB to get an idea of how 'fancy' I should go. I've got a couple of evening dresses I've haven't even worn yet but I'm worried about them being too fancy. Oh the sometimes 'silly' decisions you have to go through for a con!

• Like 1

I've too have started sorting through what to take to be signed and I've rounded up my silver Sharpies. :) Also trying to decide about what clothes to take. Especially which Victorian ones for the pics on the Victorian sets! I need to rewatch TAB to get an idea of how 'fancy' I should go. I've got a couple of evening dresses I've haven't even worn yet but I'm worried about them being too fancy. Oh the sometimes 'silly' decisions you have to go through for a con!

I'd say it would really depend on what situation you are wanting to emulate. If it's as a client visiting for their services a person would wear their best clothes but it would depend on the 'station' of the person you are dressing like. I think evening dress would be a bit too much, that kind of thing was for dinner parties and the theatre.

Form what I can remember of TAB Mary wore mourning dress.

Sherlock-The-Abominable-Bride-2.jpg

And I can't find any more images of the other women in it at the moment!

Edited by Raylenth

I'd be very surprised if it was Martin so I'd almost count him out.

As this is a 'big' guest announcement I really hope that Showmasters remember about priority access for Gold and Platinum ticket holders to additional photo shoots.

• Like 1

Is it somehow suddenly Sunday yet?

I know Andrew is a much desired guest, and he really is a lovely chap, but I really really hope it is Ben, and if not him Amanda or Martin. I'll be very happy for the Andrew fans if it is him but for me I know who I want it to be :whistling::whistling:

• Like 1

My instincts tell me this will be Ben and/or Martin - they're timing the announcement for when most people will be or can be near a computer/tablet/phone to book tickets, rather than a general working day, so they're likely expecting a rush of traffic following the announcement. I'll be happy whoever it is - Ben, Martin, Amanda, Andrew or Loo - but I do have I little wish in my heart.

• Like 1

I'm in agreement with Raylenth. I really really want it to be Ben or Martin but if we can't have them then yeah I'd love it to be Amanda, she seems such a great funny lady. :) I'm not over fussed if it's Andrew but I know plenty of people would want it to be him.

...and yes, if it is a Lead Guest then i want priority as a Gold ticket holder to get photo shoots.

Can't believe I forgot Loo though. Bad me.

Stupidly hopeful logical thoughts circling around my head at the moment - cast status wise obviously Ben and Martin are joint leads of the show and I'd list Rupert, Loo, Una, Andrew and Amanda as main supporting cast. Others may well disagree with me over that my my long winded point is that if you agree with the above - Rupert and Una didn't get a build up to their announcements - so by that probably very faulty logic it's got to be Ben or Martin.

Either that or they are announcing that they are cancelling it! :whistling:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

My thinking is Martin and/or Amanda are less likely given she was pretty adamant that neither of them would attend the last event, although I believe she has done a panel or two at other events since then. I'm trying to think given that Una and Rupert were announced with no prior warning whether that means that this is an even bigger guest which maybe points to Cumberbatch or possibly Scott. Whoever we get its nice to see some more news on the event, it was getting a bit quiet round here!

I'm trying to think given that Una and Rupert were announced with no prior warning whether that means that this is an even bigger guest which maybe points to Cumberbatch or possibly Scott. Whoever we get its nice to see some more news on the event, it was getting a bit quiet round here!

Great minds think alike and given that we posted at the same time that means 'jinx' which means it's totally true! :crying::dance:grasps at some more straws!

I'm trying to think given that Una and Rupert were announced with no prior warning whether that means that this is an even bigger guest which maybe points to Cumberbatch or possibly Scott. Whoever we get its nice to see some more news on the event, it was getting a bit quiet round here!

Great minds think alike and given that we posted at the same time that means 'jinx' which means it's totally true! :crying::dance:grasps at some more straws!

I'm in total agreement with this logic. Una and Rupert didn't get a big lead up announcement so in that case this means it SHOULD be someone bigger. Emphasis on the SHOULD :whistling:

*praying for Ben at this point as am v v v doubtful Martin would attend*

**would be v happy to be proved wrong on the above point**

***would love it to be more than one guest but the announcement only says 'GUEST' so I'm going with just one***

Edited by evilfairie

If it is Ben I'm prepared for the fact that may just be for the 1 day again and that we can only get 1 auto again.

Mind you, as much as we think it may be him I'm still guessing they may consider Andrew a big guest given his following.

***would love it to be more than one guest but the announcement only says 'GUEST' so I'm going with just one***

Without wishing to read too much into things (actually, who am I kidding? Of course I do!) it's the big announcement that's singular, hence 'guest' following suit. Any number of guests might be announced within the one announcement. If it said "big guest(s) to be announced" it would be clearer, or "big announcement about a guest/guests"; but this way round could mean either! [\pedant mode]

I think we might be getting the full, final line up - waaaay back in January we were told that things would be finalised about a month out. Well, guess when we are now?

• Like 2

Without wishing to read too much into things (actually, who am I kidding? Of course I do!) it's the big announcement that's singular, hence 'guest' following suit. Any number of guests might be announced within the one announcement. If it said "big guest(s) to be announced" it would be clearer, or "big announcement about a guest/guests"; but this way round could mean either! [\pedant mode]

I think we might be getting the full, final line up - waaaay back in January we were told that things would be finalised about a month out. Well, guess when we are now?

I'll be very happy to have read that the wrong way.

• Like 2