Countdown....

evilfairie

I really am flummoxed as to why I don't get the emails as promptly as I used to. The last one took well over a day to arrive so am thinking this one might be the same. Luckily at the moment it's not a problem as the info is put on social media at the same time as the emails are sent out. The thing that concerns me is if by some miracle Benedict can come and as a Gold ticket holder I need a code to buy my priority photo shoots that is sent to me via the email system then it could get problematic.

I keep refreshing my email but nothing is coming in from Sherlocked. :(

I really am flummoxed as to why I don't get the emails as promptly as I used to. The last one took well over a day to arrive so am thinking this one might be the same. Luckily at the moment it's not a problem as the info is put on social media at the same time as the emails are sent out. The thing that concerns me is if by some miracle Benedict can come and as a Gold ticket holder I need a code to buy my priority photo shoots that is sent to me via the email system then it could get problematic.

Best thing I can suggest is to email the admin team and ask them to look into it ASAP or contact your provider and ask them if there are any issues between the two addresses as this is a new issue for you that you didn't have last year. I take it you haven't changed your email address since the last event?

I remember a few of us had all sorts of issues last time that were very similar. Emails not coming through all the time ect despite the fact that we had registered - they did get is sorted but there was definitely a problem.

It does sound like there is a technical problem but whether it's at your end, SM's side or with a local router/exchange ect who knows. Are all your other emails coming through promptly do you know?

Best thing I can suggest is to email the admin team and ask them to look into it ASAP or contact your provider and ask them if there are any issues between the two addresses as this is a new issue for you that you didn't have last year. I take it you haven't changed your email address since the last event?

I remember a few of us had all sorts of issues last time that were very similar. Emails not coming through all the time ect despite the fact that we had registered - they did get is sorted but there was definitely a problem.

It does sound like there is a technical problem but whether it's at your end, SM's side or with a local router/exchange ect who knows. Are all your other emails coming through promptly do you know?

Well my email from Eventbrite ref my Amanda photoshoot came through fine.

It's deffo the same address as last year. Will have a look into it. If someone can give me the correct email address to get the matter looked into Sherlocked's end that would be great.

Edited by evilfairie

Thanks Raylenth, I knew you wouldn't let me down. :thumbup:

Edit: I've sent an email to both addresses so hopefully I'll hear back (I've also given them my other main email address to see if that is any quicker)

Edited by evilfairie
  • Like 1

That's alright, I hope you get it all sorted fairly quickly, I know how frustrating it can be when they aren't coming through, especially with the worry about if any codes might be needed - unfortunately they can't be posted on here otherwise everyone would be able to use them, but if it came to it one of us could email/DM you the codes if it's still not sorted out for you.

Bear in mind that the whole office has been at the Amsterdam event today so won't be back in the office until Tuesday.

• Like 1

I also just saw this...Argh! It's so frustrating, because the more last minute it gets, the more expensive flights are going to be.

I feel you pain about the airfare. I sorta lucked out there because I ended up not being able to go to a Torchwood con earlier this year but had already bought the plane tickets so I just switched the date on them. That way at least they didn't get wasted like the tickets for the con.

Yes getting refundable/changeable tickets costs a little more but having that leeway can be very useful.

Now I'm trying to decide about going back a day or so later so I can see Mark & Ian in Boys in the Band or not.

I'm not even sure if there's an option to get refundable or changeable tickets with Ryanair. I will have to do a bit of research tomorrow, because it's too late for that right now, haha. Thanks though!

​It's good you managed to change the dates! And going back a day later so you can see Mark and Ian... I'd do it!

Edited by ieeerr

Thanks Raylenth, I knew you wouldn't let me down. :thumbup:

Edit: I've sent an email to both addresses so hopefully I'll hear back (I've also given them my other main email address to see if that is any quicker)

and just as an update, my email finally came through today at 14.30

We already know Redbeard is going to be there. Is this turning into a menagerie, or a travelling circus? Will we be treated to the opportunity to meet the bloodhound which features in that still from S4, even though we haven't seen it yet? Will Mark be bringing Bunsen and Amanda her pack of doggies? Tune in the same time tomorrow and all will be revealed.

Excuse me for not being massively excited about this one. Though dogs are cute.

• Like 2

(I am primarily amusing myself here. I don't expect it has anything remotely to do with BC)

Neither do I but pictures of Benedict will never be turned away.

I googled "Benedict Cumberbatch fur coat", and got a bit...distracted

image_zpsnts9zidl.jpeg

(That was the last one, I promise)

• Like 1