Countdown....

evilfairie

Well my set shoot ticket says Friday and they are still selling the tickets for it so fingers crossed we will do.

Im not going to think that I'll be 100% certain I'll get Ben's auto so am not really crushed if I don't.(yeah right) I'm thinking the first of his sessions (ie: before his first shoot) will be taken up with Platinum's queuing so will try after that, that way I'm free to go to Rupert's talk at 10.30. I mean I can look at the queue before 10.30 but am pretty sure it'll still be Platinums then. But I'll have a look at around 9.45 when you lot are all queuing for Marks photo shoot as I may be lucky. ;)

• Like 1

I think that's the best approach, with Mark last year, I went over on the Sunday afternoon, when I first spoke to the crew member managing the queue they said they were still trying to get all the platinum so through and they would do their best for the rest of us but no promises. I kept popping back every 10 minutes or so and was starting to think it wouldn't happen because it was getting a it late but suddenly the queue cleared and I was able to get in. Bit like traffic on the motorway, sometimes it can be very heavy then for no explicable reason it all frees up!

1 more day. :clap: but also :crying: as it means it will be over soon.

Okay, just for fun...

One day more

Another day, another con, you see

This never ending road to baker Street

Our man, who always solves the crime

We're going to see a second time!

I know the last line won't apply to everyone, but on the spur of the moment.... :whistling:

• Like 2

getting stressed now, tried to book in on line at my hotel but apparently i cant because i used booking.com.

Trying to tell myself eveything will be okay but my anxiety issues won't play nicely and excitment now tipped into panic.

Random question last year i'm sure a number of seats in the main talk hall were held back for late arrivers of plat and gold groups after the talks had started. Did I image this, this year it only say piority seating subject to arriving before the hall opens.

Just something that popped into my mind, earlier this summer I was at another event similar in format to Sherlocked at the Excel. They had much more stringent security controls in place, you had to go through a winding queuing like arrangement then a bag check, not unlike security at an airport. The whole thing was very quick and smoothly done but it did probably add a couple of minutes to getting in to the entry queue hall. I've no idea if they will do it for this event as well but just in case at least no one will be surprised by it!

• Like 1

getting stressed now, tried to book in on line at my hotel but apparently i cant because i used booking.com.

Trying to tell myself eveything will be okay but my anxiety issues won't play nicely and excitment now tipped into panic.

Random question last year i'm sure a number of seats in the main talk hall were held back for late arrivers of plat and gold groups after the talks had started. Did I image this, this year it only say piority seating subject to arriving before the hall opens.

That's my recollection too - they had sections marked for each ticket type, and you got ushered to the right one. That might be different this time as it does say priority seating if you're there when the doors open.

That's my recollection too - they had sections marked for each ticket type, and you got ushered to the right one. That might be different this time as it does say priority seating if you're there when the doors open.

IIRC there were a few empty seats throughout the front for most talks but BC's so they have probably changed it so once your group is in the hall we will all be asked to budge up and the remaining nearest seats will be given to the next group in rather than designated areas. That was people all get to be as near the front as possible.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Got my pass, no queue just went straight and got it. Am Gold F 108. Back at the hotel now for a bit of a rest before heading out again for a bite to eat before we go in.

Was told by a yellow shirt when I asked whether they would be putting people in queues according to their package like last year and was told no they weren't , the doors opened at FIVE and there would be two doors opening S2 and S3 I think. Dunno if that's right as it's supposed to be 6pm-8pm. Oh well, nothing to worry about yet as no need to rush in tonight.

Got my pass, no queue just went straight and got it. Am Gold F 108. Back at the hotel now for a bit of a rest before heading out again for a bite to eat before we go in.

Was told by a yellow shirt when I asked whether they would be putting people in queues according to their package like last year and was told no they weren't , the doors opened at FIVE and there would be two doors opening S2 and S3 I think. Dunno if that's right as it's supposed to be 6pm-8pm. Oh well, nothing to worry about yet as no need to rush in tonight.

Crikey. Not that it matters really if I am bit late but I should get there in time then if they are opening at 5, just hope there isn't a big queue to register. It was very quick last year though.

Crikey. Not that it matters really if I am bit late but I should get there in time then if they are opening at 5, just hope there isn't a big queue to register. It was very quick last year though.

She could have got it wrong and it is 6pm.

Some of the crew didn't seem sure about the registration process to begin with (one didn't know about the existence of the Platinum pass!) so I think they haven't necessarily had their full briefing yet.

I will likely be over at excel about 5 anyway, and if I can get on the wifi (not easy) then I will put a message here to say what the arrangement is. But don't rely on it as I might not be able to.

• Like 1

I remember we went in by package on Saturday and Sunday last year but I couldn't remember what happened on Friday, I've got a memory of one queue irrespective of ticket type but I could well be wrong on that.

Tbh I can't remember now either, but I had a feeling there were different queues out in the lane and I joined the Platinum one. May well be making that up though lol

I'm sat in a booth ouside S3 and there is no sign of it opening so yeah. Yellow shirt lady got it wrong I think. Though you can see through a door into the talk hall and all the chairs are set out already so doubt they'll use that hall to queue the groups in tomorrow unless they take them all down again. Unless they use a different hall to do that. Guess we will find out tomorrow.